Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Contract- Terms being Implemented Before I Have Signed!!

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭

I was recently offered a slightly altered work contract by my manager, mostly minor stuff that reflect changes in the industry (international haulage), he told me to read it carefully and come back to him with any concerns I may have...all very cordial and reasonable from his end in fairness.

One of the changes was an alteration to how my wages are calculated, instead of a daily rate it is now an hourly rate, this was outlined as future policy in the new (unsigned) contract but has been implemented in my most recent payslip.

I think he has taken a massive liberty here and has possibly acted illegally.

All feedback welcome please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Well if you end up earning more you won't complain right? If however it's a sneaky paycut then tell them to adjust the rate so it works out the same.

Advertisement