Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drivers going through Claregalway

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭

1395973_10153388946285307_208129224_n.jpg

See the right turn in the yellow box? That's for turning right in to the shopping centre and not for getting in to lane going straight.
    See the white markings behind the silver car? That's when you should start getting in to the lane going straight.

/rant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I saw an accident where a car turned into the right lane where it should and another driver ignoring the simple rules drove into the side of his car.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭morcheen k

white line nightmare ! put in a roundabout someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

It's very annoying when after going through the box & indicating to enter
    the right lane and some ignoramus comes right through the Shopping Centre turn off.
    This is a regular occurrence.
    F*ck Sake!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

gammygils wrote: »
    It's very annoying when after going through the box & indicating to enter
    the right lane and some ignoramus comes right through the Shopping Centre turn off.
    This is a regular occurrence.
    F*ck Sake!!!!!!

You're correct.
    Sometimes there's no vehicles at all in the right-hand lane though, making it very tempting for vehicles further back to switch lanes before the 'box'.
    Its still wrong I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

I have found that if I wait until after the turn right arrow on the road to enter the lane for going straight on I am cutting in on traffic or else left hanging on the left lane until some driver lets me in. I don't normally generalise but on this occasion.... nobody actually uses this junction correctly to enter the straight on lane at 8am!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,893 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, that's what annoys me. Everyone does it wrong so I have to do it wrong so I'm not causing an obstruction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

It's "the done thing" though it doesn't really feature whether it's right or wrong! Unfortunately in rush-hour bumper-to-bumper traffic, the white markings are used and filled up so that people can split up for straight-ahead and the turnoff to the left around by the Church towards the school and on that direction can be used. You're not going to get in easily without a fight at the exact correct point lol if the cordoned off / grid is filling up and you're waiting to line up at the exact correct straight-ahead arrow, ya just ain't gonna get in there! Less stressful to just follow the leader further back. Alas Shoppers for Hughes will usually have a long wait!

Of course it would be so lovely if left-turners at the lights for people working in Oranmore and going further on out that direction had the use of the bus-lane up the N17 just for an hour 7am-8am, and could zip straight up through Claregalway not having to wait until get up near Hughes to split up to turn off but of course that is another Thread.....

Have often wondered actually, have never seen it yet but there is a teeny-tiny little road to the right just after the traffic lights! :D Have often wondered what does one do when they want to turn down there and a jam of cars behind them wanting to go straight ahead into Galway and no oncoming car will let them turn in. Havn't seen it happening but it must take forever to turn in at busy times lol. And be holding everyone up behind ya that needs to get into Galway! :eek: Suppose ya could just go straight ahead and turn at a house further up and come back down and you'll be turning in left then that way yeah? Ya won't be holding anyone up....? Where does that roadeen go to anyway? I've a feeling it's extra extra narrow.... I think there's a shed there at the top of the road.... I must go down it for a drive and will report back. :D

Advertisement