Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secret Santa 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

its not fair!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭baktag

ene wrote: »
    got mine! first time ever buying cat things! i apologize already to whoever i got

I feel your pain ! Buying for a dog is easy
    The only things I can find for a cat is the little toy mice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

ultwen wrote: »
    I feel your pain ! Buying for a dog is easy
    The only things I can find for a cat is the little toy mice

Have a look at some online pet stores for some inspiration, things like zooplus, pet bliss or pet shop online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

I'm meant to be doing college work but just been spending my time searching for presents for the last two days..It's a nice distraction..

I'm so annoyed, I had the perfect presents picked for one of my secret santas, and had it saved in my cart but when it came to actually buying them today they were sold out :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I can never decide whether to get a loads of cheap things or 1 or 2 better quality things that will last a bit longer!
    Don't want to give anything away but I have one of mine sorted and have a feeling anyone buying from a certain site for a certain animal will get the same thing :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    I can never decide whether to get a loads of cheap things or 1 or 2 better quality things that will last a bit longer!
    Don't want to give anything away but I have one of mine sorted and have a feeling anyone buying from a certain site for a certain animal will get the same thing :p

I think I will go with several different bits. Are people putting them in envelopes or small boxes?

I might pick up some bits at the Expo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Just bought mine today. I went with one big item. Hope they like it :) What date are we posting?

Sorry only saw this now, dates are on the first page :)
    Posting dates between December 2nd to 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I just got mine. And agree with tk, a certain item for a certain pet on a certain site looks great! :p

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    I just got mine. And agree with tk, a certain item for a certain pet on a certain site looks great! :p

It was a cat toy!!..And it arrived this morning and looks great lol! Have all my shopping done for it now so just need to wrap it and get ready to send it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I haven't bought anything yet.I can't decide whether to get the dried earthworm cake or a mealworm one or both. My google history has been very interesting the last few days to say the least. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

I'm finding it very difficult to buy anything. Went to the Pet Expo hoping to get sorted- got too distracted by all the animals to do any shopping. Went to the Maxi Zoo in Liffey Valley for their 25% off SALE, got too distracted by all the pets that were there, including a ferret, to do any shopping.

It seems I'm shockingly ill-disciplined. I think I'll have to buy online at this rate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm finding it very difficult to buy anything. Went to the Pet Expo hoping to get sorted- got too distracted by all the animals to do any shopping.

In fairness unless you have a dog or a cat there wasn't all the much there, and what was seemed a bit expensive.

In fairness unless you have a dog or a cat there wasn't all the much there, and what was seemed a bit expensive.

+1 I got the same toys that evening for a fraction of the price = more for my SS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Did everyone see the Grabone link posted a few days ago?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057085237

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I bought some things in MaxiZoo for the "unusual" pet I got. Then I got a bit more confidant and did some searching online and found some more interesting looking items on Amazon. :D

By the way, zooplus.co.uk have their Christmas items up already. zooplus.ie seem to be dragging their heels and haven't got any Christmas stuff yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Knine wrote: »
    I think I will go with several different bits. Are people putting them in envelopes or small boxes?

I might pick up some bits at the Expo.

I think mine are going in shoebox size boxes :) Although if the cats see me with boxes they'l try to sit in them no doubt, someone might be getting more than they bargained for if a cat jumps out :D

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I think mine are going in shoebox size boxes :) Although if the cats see me with boxes they'l try to sit in them no doubt, someone might be getting more than they bargained for if a cat jumps out :D

I could just imagine my kids delight if a cat jumped out

*and the Benny Hill theme tune playing in my head with 3 terriers in hot pursuit*

Zapperzy wrote: »

Nearly happened last year with us, I had the shoeboxes left out in the sitting room, went into the kitchen to get the presents and came back to see Cream in one box and Peach in the other! I'll have to see the size of the presents I'm getting this year before I decide what kind of boxes to get :P

• Advertisement

Big ole package from zooplus arrived today! All me presents are now sorted :D Apologies in advance to those who I am sending presents to - my cats got into the box so your pets will probably go crazy with the smell of my cats :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I missed a parcel today!
    I'm more excited if it's from zooplus for the animals and secret Santa than if it's for me!
    I know I'm nuts, I asked dog why he didn't let the postie in, hopefully I'll have my ss stuff by Saturday and I can wrap it all ready for posting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Got all my stuff today, it's all been inspected by the cat and passed her strict standards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Still waiting here...
    It's killing me, it'll come when I'm in work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Just placed my SS order, I have been mulling over a few different gifts, finally managed to break down the possibilities and get it on budget so now just wait for them to arrive, wrap them and post them off.

Do we ever find out who our secret Santa is or is it always a secret.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

Got all my stuff today ! Can't wait until posting day

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Do we ever find out who our secret Santa is or is it always a secret.

I'll let ye decide, if most people want to know then I'll post them (with spoilers for those who don't want to know!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭pampootie

Almost sorted. Just needs to be wrapped up and to find a card!

My dog is not getting anything from Santa. She rolled in Fox poo.

The Aroma in my car smells like Dublin zoo!

• Advertisement

Knine wrote: »
    My dog is not getting anything from Santa. She rolled in Fox poo.

The Aroma in my car smells like Dublin zoo!

After last time my guy did it (at an all day training workshop) I keep a bottle of vinegar & water solution in the car now just in case lol! :pac:

Advertisement