Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel cough vaccine 10 year old bichon

• 01-11-2013 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

My 10 year old Bichon Frise has a mild heart murmur , she has never had the kennel cough vaccine as my mum always looked after her for me , but this is no longer possible mum not up to 2 dogs. Are there any side effects at her age and with the murmur as I cannot find a boarding kennel that will accept her without the vaccine. My younger one got hers with her other vaccinations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Whereabouts are you in the country, as I know a kennels that prefers them not to have the vaccine, as they feel it can actually cause them to contract it. The kennel has never had an incidence of KC.

Regarding the heart murmur, I'd talk to the vet, and follow their advice. Could you mum look after just your older girl, and put the younger one into kennels?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

I actually rang my vet John Bainbridge and he assured me of absolutely no ill effects of the vaccine, also her heart murmur is so slight its hardly worth mentioning. So I went down and she had and I feel a lot happier now. Thanks for your reply muddypaws!

Advertisement