Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EFT to different bank

Options
  • 01-11-2013 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I started a new job and my employer is BoI my salary was set up to come out via EFT today 01/11 and has been taken from the business account but has not appeared in my account AIB how long does the payment usually take from one bank to another?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭paulpd

Probably Monday if it only left his account today.

I think sometimes it's hit and miss. Last Thursday someone with an AIB account transferred funds to me at 9pm. The funds were in my account (Danske Bank) at approx 11am the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

I would imagine it left their account at 12.01am and was hoping it might transfer to mine at 12.00 tonight to mine otherwise I'm going to have a very quiet weekend I also have direct debits on Monday from my own one so I want to money will be in to pay them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mad_shopaholic,

Thanks for getting in touch.

A transfer from BOI to another Irish bank would generally take one working day to reach the other bank however, this would be dependent on the time and how the transfer was made. Do you know if your employer made the transfer via Business Online or BOI365? 

For Business Online queries, your employer can call 1890 818 265 and a representative can look into this and advise accordingly. If they are using BOI365 they can call 0818 365 365 for assistance. 

We do not have access to account information here so would be unable to check this for you.

Thanks
    Tara 

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭mad_shopaholic

Thanks for your reply Tara it would have been made via business on line the accounts manager is on holidays so i cannot ask them to call but other manager was able to check it came out of the account it was set up a few days ago to come out on 01/11 which it has so does one working day mean I will have it at 12.01 tomorrow or on Monday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi mad_shopaholic,

As mentioned above, we don't have account access here and the last thing we want to do is to provide you with an inaccurate answer. 

From a BOI perspective, any domestic transfer, processed before our cut off time will reach the payee's bank by close of business the following working day. This does not include weekends or bank holidays. It is then up to the receiving bank to allocate the funds to their customer's account. We cannot comment on time frames or procedures for other banks. 

Thanks
    Tara 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭aldeniro

Hi,
    i want to make an EFT to another BOI customer a/c. I myself have online banking 365. I have relevant details for a/c that i wish to t/f to , its a/c number, sort code, BIC, and IBAN. Is this possible online, or can i do over phone to BOI (to save me calling in to branch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi aldeniro.

Thanks for getting in touch.

The addition and activation of a payee can be completed both over the phone and online. When this request is processed with a representative in Bank of Ireland 365, the activation code must then be sent to the address on file for security reasons.
    Once the payee has been activated, payments can then be made to them either by phone or online.

Hope this helps. If we can assist you with anything else, please let us know.
    Laura

Advertisement