Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Fibre Dundalk

• 01-11-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Although Eircom is indicating that Dundalk is live (Only 40%)

It seems that half of large estates have been left without fibre eventhough some of these cabinets are generally under 800 metres from the furthest houses.

As Eircom CS seem to have zero knowledge of when K&N are doing the last installs, is there any way of finding out when they are scheduled or is it a matter of waiting with no solid date.

DSL seems to be degraded and it all happened when this VDSL rollout begun.

Any ideas on who to contact to find out the plan if there is even one ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

There is a plan but it's more like a "state secret" ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,265 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Although Eircom is indicating that Dundalk is live (Only 40%)

It seems that half of large estates have been left without fibre eventhough some of these cabinets are generally under 800 metres from the furthest houses.

As Eircom CS seem to have zero knowledge of when K&N are doing the last installs, is there any way of finding out when they are scheduled or is it a matter of waiting with no solid date.

DSL seems to be degraded and it all happened when this VDSL rollout begun.

When you say "zero knowledge" you are ignoring what you were told by Eircom two weeks ago.

Hi 5.11 Tactical

The team involved in rolling this out to your area have advised that this is some months away yet. We will have more information closer to the time and we will be able to let you know then. If you post us here at later date and remind us, we can chase this for you again.
    Sorry I could not provide more exact info at this time.
    Tony

I know it's frustratingly vague but I don't think anyone other than Eircom could give you more exact information.

Eircom had to reduce my speed on the 8 Meg service from 5 to 4 to stop my broadband disconnecting constantly. I heard secondhand from someone with Eircom contacts that this problem was due to the fibre upgrade works so you are probably right about that part.

Sorry if this annoys your further but I am just up the road from you and got upgraded on 2 October.

3072874506.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Ya Lucky F*cker ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Ints

tell me what road is this I am waiting on it as well, and seems to me all street around mine is already live, but not mine :)... and I am asking eircom guys weekly and they still cant come up with any date for it. All my friends here are on fibre already just bad luck for me :)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Elm Grove in Bay Estate everything behind us has eFibre but 50% of the estate does not

• Advertisement
Advertisement