Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet jukebox problem

Options
  • 01-11-2013 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

I have a internet jukebox rented to a local pub. They recently change providers to Eircom. Since doing so the jukebox won't connect to the Eircom internet. The jukebox is connected to the router ok via wifi.

Talking to technical (people who make the jukebox) say the problem is with Eircom saying it has to be set up and maybe Mac adresses are needed etc...

Any help on this is appreciated, what steps do i need to do here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Forgot to add, it won't connect to the internet via ethernet either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Hi Micky 32

Did you manage to get the issue sorted as yet? If you can PM me with your telephone number and I can look into this for you with managers in technical support.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks Mark, sending PM now..

Hi Micky 32

I sent on your details and thread to senior agents in efibre support. I hope to have a response tomorrow.#

Mark

I have a internet jukebox rented to a local pub. They recently change providers to Eircom. Since doing so the jukebox won't connect to the Eircom internet. The jukebox is connected to the router ok via wifi.

Talking to technical (people who make the jukebox) say the problem is with Eircom saying it has to be set up and maybe Mac adresses are needed etc...

Hi Micky 32

efibre technical made some adjustments to the settings. Are you still getting the same error message connecting the internet jukebox problem.

Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Micky 32

efibre technical made some adjustments to the settings. Are you still getting the same error message connecting the internet jukebox problem.

Mark

Hi Mark only saw this reply now,  I tried it again a few days ago and it just keeps saying internet connection failed. Everything else works in the pub including my phone. The Jukebox connects to the modem ok but that's as far as it goes. It previously worked ok on the cable internet the pub previously had..

When i contacted the Jukebox manufacture they said it's a known issue when connecting to Eircom and that i had to contact Eircom, something about Mac adresses of the jukebox was mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi Micky 32

Mark

Hi Mark only saw this reply now,  I tried it again a few days ago and it just keeps saying internet connection failed. Everything else works in the pub including my phone. The Jukebox connects to the modem ok but that's as far as it goes. It previously worked ok on the cable internet the pub previously had..

When i contacted the Jukebox manufacture they said it's a known issue when connecting to Eircom and that i had to contact Eircom, something about Mac adresses of the jukebox was mentioned.

Hi Micky 32

Unfortunately Mark is no longer with us here, On the terms that the manufacturer mentioned MAC address I highly recommend applying this apple patch to the modem and see how you get on. Just click on the link and follow the instructions:

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=29&E=0000000000020935579&K=476&Sxi=19&Case=obj%2810612%29

I’m aware the link states Apple TV but I have had success in advising this with ipads, iphones, apple TV and other products...

If you could let me know how this goes I would appreciate it

Thanks

Al

Forgot to add, this is for the new E-fibre broadband, don't think it's the old ZyXEL type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Forgot to add, this is for the new E-fibre broadband, don't think it's the old ZyXEL type?
    Hi Micky 32

In that case there is no point applying this patch. If you don't mind PMing me your efibre account number and labndline number I'll look into this further for you.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement