Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park space renting - landlord has vanished!

Options
  • 01-11-2013 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hi all

I have an issue where I have been renting a private car park space for about a year now. I am moving out of the area so I am giving up the car park space. The problem is the person I am renting the car park space off cannot be contacted.
    I only had a mobile number and first name of the person. I paid a deposit on the space which I want to get back. Any ideas what I should do with the parking space now ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pass on the deposit to the next person

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Pass on the deposit to the next person
    You think the OP should start renting out the space and try an duped another person?

OP you made a mistake by not getting more details. The guy might not even own the property.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you pay monthly?
    How many months rent was the deposit?
    When are you moving out of the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The deposit was in case you damaged the car park space ?

Can't see why you even paid one

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Design78

The deposit was most likely to cover the cost of the key fob to gain access to the spot.
    If your renting a space in an apartment complex approach a resident and ask for the name of the management company. They may have contact details or be able to send on a message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

gambler12 wrote: »
    Hi all

I have an issue where I have been renting a private car park space for about a year now. I am moving out of the area so I am giving up the car park space. The problem is the person I am renting the car park space off cannot be contacted.
    I only had a mobile number and first name of the person. I paid a deposit on the space which I want to get back. Any ideas what I should do with the parking space now ??

Sub-let it ;)

Advertisement