Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton v Spurs: Sun @ 13:30

Options
  • 01-11-2013 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭

Big game, and it'll be interesting to see how we play against an away team. Our results away from home have been very good, though it's our all-round form that's the worry. We're not playing well. We're getting the results, but just barely. You'd have to wonder if at some point those results just won't come because we're not creating enough chances for Soldado to score.

Anyway, hopefully Everton will go for it, being at home, though I seem to remember that their pitch is quite small so there won't be much width, and I can see this being a very close game.

Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Verts - Rose (if fit)
    Sandro - Paulinho
    Townsend
    Eriksen
    Siggy
    Soldado

If Rose isn't fit I'd put Verts back there though he'll have a hard time against Colemans pace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

If the lack of creativity continues then I only see an Everton win, both CB will need to play out of there skins against the in form Lukaku.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

SuprSi wrote: »
    Big game, and it'll be interesting to see how we play against an away team. Our results away from home have been very good, though it's our all-round form that's the worry. We're not playing well. We're getting the results, but just barely. You'd have to wonder if at some point those results just won't come because we're not creating enough chances for Soldado to score.

Anyway, hopefully Everton will go for it, being at home, though I seem to remember that their pitch is quite small so there won't be much width, and I can see this being a very close game.

Lloris
    Walker - Dawson - Verts - Rose (if fit)
    Sandro - Paulinho
    Townsend
    Eriksen
    Siggy
    Soldado

If Rose isn't fit I'd put Verts back there though he'll have a hard time against Colemans pace.

Lennon for siggy and fit Dembele in somewhere and i'm happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Lennon for siggy and fit Dembele in somewhere and i'm happy.

I think Siggy offers more than Lennon on the left. Lennon on the right is good, but not on the left. Mind you he'd at least keep Coleman busy.

Sugarlumps is right though, Lukaku is going to kick the crap out of our CB's so they'd better be up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Have a feeling Holtby will play, he didn't play at all during the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

We are much better away from home so I reckon 1-1

I'd like to see Lennon on right and Andros on left. Siggy will just make the whole team narrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Glad to see we're playing Sunday after the extra time the other night, cos I thought we were on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Gonna be a tight game and i'd be more than happy with a draw.
    I'll go for a 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

I think we might start as follows tomorrow:

Hugo
    Walker----Dawson--Kaboul
    Verts
    Sandro ---Paulinho
    Townsend
    Holtby
    Siggy
    Soldado

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

KingdomYid wrote: »
    I think we might start as follows tomorrow:

Hugo
    Walker----Dawson--Kaboul
    Verts
    Sandro ---Paulinho
    Townsend
    Holtby
    Siggy
    Soldado

Agree except not sure if Yooouuunnees will play another game so soon so the roma might start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I think we might sneak a 1-0 win.I would be happy with a draw though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Apparently Everton haven't lost a game at home in 2013 and they've reinforced the squad wisely, Lukaku etc. Win would be nice, draw is realistic. 2-2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Everton have only been beaten by Man City this season. They have beaten chelsea and are a point behind ourselves, not too shabby. I havn't seen them play this season so I don't really know what to expect tomorrow. Seen some of their goals on MOTD, Baines got a couple in one game. Maybe tomorrow will be one of them games when we click. I want us to get some decent early crosses into the box for Soldado.

After tomorrow's game we could be 2nd or 7th in the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Everton haven't been the best defensively at home and up till now we have been rock solid away ,bar the gooners. A draw would be a good result here but if our away form continues as previous I fancy another 1-0 away win.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

SuprSi wrote: »
    I think Siggy offers more than Lennon on the left. Lennon on the right is good, but not on the left. Mind you he'd at least keep Coleman busy.

Sugarlumps is right though, Lukaku is going to kick the crap out of our CB's so they'd better be up for it.

your right there lennon average soldado needs to do more:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

tough game everton good side spurs need to penatrate them more
    1'oclock pub time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

Would settle for a draw but 3 points would be a big win. We do have a few 1 nil away wins under our belt so am going for 0-1 to Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I am a fan of AVB. I am sure like the rest of us he can see the need to get more quality ball to our striker. Not trying to thread it through a dozen players. Why cant he do something about this? I know we havn't the ideal type of players at the moment but surely he can organise something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Starting 11 - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Holtby, Townsend; Soldado.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Good to see Holtby starting, his Evertonian Dad is over for the match. Hopefully it spurs hum on to play his socks off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭noker

Good to see the same starting eleven as last week. Anyone worried that we have very little defensive cover on bench?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

It's so annoying when the pundits say they can't understand why Defoe is not up front all the time cos he scored every time he plays

They must never watch matches

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

No wonder saunders cant make it as a manager....Defoe better than Soldado...laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Kiith wrote: »
    Starting 11 - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen; Paulinho, Sandro; Lennon, Holtby, Townsend; Soldado.

What's happened Ericsson? He looked good in his first game or two and hasn't really played much since?

Def think Everton will win this. Spurs still finding their feet and unsure of their best team. Everton have been playing well and Lukaku turns them from a good to a very good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Bright enough start, everton predictably looking for the long ball to Lukaku. Couple of encouraging attacks so far which is good to see.

Shoot Lennon, guy have no balls.

Great pressure, they've barely been out there half. Early goal please.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

Very positive so far, verts having a big impact on left need to make this early dominance count.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

ball getting caught up under soldados feet. Defoe would've got the shot off.

• Advertisement

Bossing it big time, gotta score when your on top. Need more support in the box.

Advertisement