Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton v Spurs: Sun @ 13:30

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

We have completely lost our shape with Sandro off

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

dembele and Erickson have done nothing since coming on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Can't hold on to the ball at all in the 2nd half, 10 games in and still not creating jack.

that last attack just summed it up. Townsend cuts inside and shoots leaving soldado visibly fuming instead of getting to the byline and cutting it back to the players arriving late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Will take a point but 9 goals in 10 league games says it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Utter crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

A great point in a horribly difficult place to go to, especially this season

Vlad , jan and Dawson were fantastic today and lloris is one tough nut

However I thought Townsend and soldado were bloody awful. Townsend kept just running across the box and eventually giving holtby or someone a horrible pass and putting him under pressure with it

Soldado didn't get the service and was clearly pissed off , however lack of service doesn't give him the right to piss and moan and basically give up

I will always take a point at goodison though , always

Take the point all day, always a tough ground to come. Jan was awesome, Walker really good game, Vlad is looking more settled. 2nd half performance was brutal. Lloris was class as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I'm happy enough with that,our defence was brilliant, all four of them.

oppiuy wrote: »
    Utter crap

Joint second after ten games, don't talk nonsense

• Advertisement

can someone tell me what the point is in buying a world class striker and then not playing to his strengths? waste of time. We need width. We need lennon back on the right getting to the byline. Put townsend on the left. At least for 60 mins and see if it makes a difference

mickman wrote: »
    A great point in a horribly difficult place to go to, especially this season

Vlad , jan and Dawson were fantastic today and lloris is one tough nut

However I thought Townsend and soldado were bloody awful. Townsend kept just running across the box and eventually giving holtby or someone a horrible pass and putting him under pressure with it

Soldado didn't get the service and was clearly pissed off , however lack of service doesn't give him the right to piss and moan and basically give up

I will always take a point at goodison though , always
    Walker played well in defence also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

Good point. Need to beat toon next week before we tackle both Manc clubs

7 clean sheets in 10...superb

I think he'll stick with that back four, Walker played really well, kept his composure and didn't give any unnecessary free kicks away.

Of course we are in a great position but can you tell me what our game plan is once we get to the edge of the box. He plays inverted wingers who wont cross the ball and leaves our rather expensive striker void of chances and visibly pissed off. Don't get me wrong 4th is great now but where will the chances never mind goals come from?

there are people on here who have a small club mentality for sure. Being happy with a draw at everton and glad to be in fourth is not good enough. How can you be happy with that performance in the 2nd half when a better club, city arsenal untd Chelsea, would destroy us. Its not good enough and seems to be down to tactical errors.

And extremely lucky to be so. We spent 100 million in the summer, i expect alot more than 9 goals and really crap perfomances.. ive heard other fans comparing us to west ham. We played well for 30 odd minutes today but looked clueless in the final third and for the rest of the game

tom1ie wrote: »
    there are people on here who have a small club mentality for sure. Being happy with a draw at everton and glad to be in fourth is not good enough. How can you be happy with that performance in the 2nd half when a better club, city arsenal untd Chelsea, would destroy us. Its not good enough and seems to be down to tactical errors.

Best start to a premier league season ever and we can only get better...back in your box Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭celt262

Would be better off playing an extra midfielder and not bothering with a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

You obviously haven't been watching a lot of those other clubs so. Chelsea lost away to Newcastle yesterday, Man City lost away to Villa recently, Arsenal drew away at WB not so long ago and I won't even get into United's season till now. We're in a good position. You're right to be worried about the future, but criticising our performances up till now? No, we're joint second after 10 games.

• Advertisement

It's true, people keep harping on where we are in the table, but the football is devoid of ideas. And we have been lucky...for a change. The squad assembled is one of the strongest with Chelsea and City, we should be at least showing some attacking flair?

THFC wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been watching a lot of those other clubs so. Chelsea lost away to Newcastle yesterday, Man City lost away to Villa recently, Arsenal drew away at WB not so long ago and I won't even get into United's season till now. We're in a good position. You're right to be worried about the future, but criticising our performances up till now? No, we're joint second after 10 games.

Cant criticise the most of the results but the performances have dire..we've been very lucky.. dodgy peno last week. Last minute goal at cardiff. Lucky peno at palace. We should be sitting mid table really

oppiuy wrote: »
    And extremely lucky to be so. We spent 100 million in the summer, i expect alot more than 9 goals and really crap perfomances.. ive heard other fans comparing us to west ham. We played well for 30 odd minutes today but looked clueless in the final third and for the rest of the game

Have you forgotten that we sold bale? Spent a few million net , sold a world class player and bought a squad. It takes time for players to gel and the fact we are joint second is bloody amazing

However , Lennon is terrible on left and Townsend was awful today so I think we should be starting to give lamela more PL time

Best start to a premier league season ever and we can only get better...back in your box Tom.
    why can we only get better? What proof have you got of this? I only see soldado getting more and more frustrarted as the season goes on if things don't change, and we have the 2 united clubs coming up, so how can things only get better, now I believe you may jump back in your box there horse.

why can we only get better? What proof have you got of this? I only see soldado getting more and more frustrarted as the season goes on if things don't change, and we have the 2 united clubs coming up, so how can things only get better, now I believe you may jump back in your box there horse.

Christ we have a shed load of new players that will take time to gel so the start we have made is a bonus. Things can only get better.

Christ we have a shed load of new players that will take time to gel so the start we have made is a bonus. Things can only get better.
    we've had 10 games. How many games are ya gonna give them? 38? :confused:

do you not think its partly the tactics and not so much the fact its taking time for the players to gel?

However , Lennon is terrible on left and Townsend was awful today so I think we should be starting to give lamela more PL time

Or simply put the right footed Lennon on the right and the left footed Townsend on the left, is not rocket science but our manager won't change it. I believe it might be more beneficial to Soldado.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

I for one would take poor performances and getting results than playing great attacking football and getting beat its a results game after all.Great start to the season so far..also this must be the best defence we've had for years at spurs and my god its been a long time coming too..

• Advertisement

I thought taking off Sandro was a bad move by AVB but it turns out now that he was hurt and asked to come off.

Advertisement