Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everton v Spurs: Sun @ 13:30

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

be interesting to see what soldado does against sherriff

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

I doubt he will play him, hopefully he does though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭starskey77

big game against newcastle should win soldado better wake up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

starskey77 wrote: »
    big game against newcastle should win soldado better wake up

Heh? He's not being fed the ball, it's hardly his fault

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

26 shots 3 goals from open play. Lukaku 17 shots 8 goals.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote: »
    26 shots 3 goals from open play. Lukaku 17 shots 8 goals.

I'd like to see a heatmap of where those shots were from. Lot's have agreed that he's isolated up front with no supply, not the case with Everton

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I'd like to see a heatmap of where those shots were from. Lot's have agreed that he's isolated up front with no supply, not the case with Everton

Why are people so quick to defend Soldado yet so quick to slate Defoe? I can't be bothered to look up where Soldado has taken his shots coz I'm sure that, even if I said the furthest was edge of the box someone will have another excuse for him.

Our whole attack isn't performing, Soldado included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Heh? He's not being fed the ball, it's hardly his fault
    I thought everyone realised that by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Not much more that soldado can do in my opinion. The few times he has gotten chances then he has done well . I like him and think he could be great but I'd say he can't stand Townsend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

mickman wrote: »
    Not much more that soldado can do in my opinion. The few times he has gotten chances then he has done well . I like him and think he could be great but I'd say he can't stand Townsend

Bigtime ..Townsend is a me Feiner...Reason for all his loan spells!!

• Advertisement

Bigtime ..Townsend is a me Feiner...Reason for all his loan spells!!

I'd like to see Townsend play like he does for England, goes to the corner, not cut inside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Soldado is an upgrade on Defoe but is a bit one dimensional. What surprises me is that AVB/Baldini knew what they were buying and without the proper service he requires he cant do what he's always been doing. I don't know if he can/should adapt his game or else AVB should sort out the lack of quality crosses sharpish? He's a shrewd manager and I expect he's on the case and it wont be a problem for too long more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

I'd like to see Townsend play like he does for England, goes to the corner, not cut inside

I'd like to see Lennon on right and lamela on left , we should see a few low crosses arrive then which soldado thrives on

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

but if he's being told to do these things by his managers and his doing them then at least he's listening.but id prefer fellas on their strong footed wing.don't like these inverted wingers,must be very easy for a full back,especially if the winger is very 1 footed

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

The key to the inverted winger is the overlapping full back, that's why we have missed Rose so much, need both full backs getting into the opponents box, not out wide, Soldado from what I've seen is going to benefit more from a pull back or a ball across the 6 yd box than he is from a ball crossed in from the touchline.

Advertisement