Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Spooks' the movie to shoot next year

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just back and am happy. We got lots of Harry and - importantly - Harry looking into the distance, his head heavy with thoughts which is a *must*.

Anyone else do a silent cheer when Malcolm did his cameo in the café?

Loved the focus on Harry's tough choices.

Anyone else think that they're over playing Ruth's long game? I mean I know she's obviously not dead, could never be, so I'm assuming it's another cover like with Roz. I'm surprised they didn't do the reveal at the end and show her meeting Harry. Must be saving it for the sequel, set in the Nile.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I had honestly forgotten Ruth's situation and it a took a while to click in my head whilst watching this. She died in last series and her name is on a memorial wall somewhere, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Bach cello scene remind you of anything? ;)

I'm drawing a blank :(

I honestly think that Ruth is dead. :( I wish she wasn't but I don't see how she could have survived. Her name is on the wall at Thames House.
    I did squeal a little when I saw Malcolm. I love him. As quick witted as ever :D

I have an issue with the guy playing the baddie. Wasn't he in Spooks the series? as a tech. or am I dreaming?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,519 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

SarahBM wrote: »
    I'm drawing a blank :(

West Wing - Yo Yo Ma...:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ruth is dead.:(

As much as I would have loved to see Tom and all other living agents from the 10 seasons to make cameos Spook has and always really will be about Harry.

I'm glad it got a cinema release and I hope it makes money as if it does I am sure they will make another one in a few years.

If one thing comes this I hope we get to see more of Peter Firth on our big and small screens for many more years to come.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

She died in last series and her name is on a memorial wall somewhere, right?
    Yeah but Ros also died and came back. And then died properly...

Malcolm and Harry are the only two Spooks to survive the bloodbath that is the series in general.

The one Spook I did think might turn up was Zoe.

ixoy wrote: »
    Yeah but Ros also died and came back. And then died properly...

Malcolm and Harry are the only two Spooks to survive the bloodbath that is the series in general.

Mace is still alive. Unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have an issue with the guy playing the baddie. Wasn't he in Spooks the series? as a tech. or am I dreaming?

Elyes Gabel also plays Walter O'Brien in Scorpion - maybe that's where you recognise him from. Arguably better at playing a terrorist than a love-sick Irish genius. :)

Saw Spooks last night and loved it. Enjoyable from start to finish, and I especially loved the little epilogue (
    I'd use the last 2 hours to go play with your lovely niece
    ).

• Advertisement

Any word on box office? Second to Avengers, which is no small achievement, really.

Any word on box office? Second to Avengers, which is no small achievement, really.

Last week I saw £3m worldwide.

I'd say they will be happy enough with that.

Last week I saw £3m worldwide.

I'd say they will be happy enough with that.

Maybe enough to bring it back?!!??!?

Maybe enough to bring it back?!!??!?

I'd say so even if it's just for tv.

I shows people still want more Spooks and Harry.

One film every 2/3 years would be great

I live in hope!

That's pretty decent for a British domestic production - I was expecting somewhere sub 5 million in the first few weeks.

Think of the sheer scale of marketing and costs that'd be required to promote a 24 film, in contrast.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure how many markets it's opened in and it may go VoD in others.

I'm sure they will make a profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Loved it, well that was a given. The reviews didn't seem to get the crashing out of a window in Moscow thing, normal perfectly understandable Spooks stuff!

Needed more Malcolm!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Oh my heart just lept when I saw him!

Malcolm is a good contrast to the many 20 something computer know it all bores that are depicted in US shows.

Malcolm is a good contrast to the many 20 something computer know it all bores that are depicted in US shows.

Malcolm is like the grand master! the original!

• Advertisement

Empire's 'History of Spooks' is well worth reading.

http://www.empireonline.com/spooks/part1.asp

$4.7 million box office assuming Wiki is accurate. That's pretty decent for a small scale British film.

any one know when the DVD will be out?

September 28th, according to Amazon.

any one know when the DVD will be out?

September 28 according to Amazon.

Did you see it, Mr E?

Yeah, loved it. :)

I'd love the TV show to come back. I'd even settle for another series of Code 9.

Mr E wrote: »
    Yeah, loved it. :)

I'd love the TV show to come back. I'd even settle for another series of Code 9.

Never saw that. what's it about?

Spooks with new recruits. Came out on 2008 for a 6 episode season and ended on a massive cliffhanger. Not bad, but not brilliant. :)

• Advertisement

It aired on BBC 3

Critically slated at the time, iirc.

I reckon I could have a go at Spooks script. :P

FADE IN

Briefing Room 3, Thames House

PEARCE
    Where are we with Operation Doorstop?

OFFICER 1
    We lost the intel.

OFFICER 2
    WTF?

PEARCE
    This is British television, no swearing.

OFFICER 3
    I'm still dinged from last season's dose of PTSD.

Out on DVD\Blu-ray tomorrow.

Spooks: The Greater Good was added to Netflix today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Looking forward to that,, absolute first rate drama,,,, really enjoyed it,,,,pity old ones are in s.d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This is on BBC One Friday 10.30 PM (BBC One NI might have it on or not!)

Advertisement