Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone Problem

Options
  • 01-11-2013 3:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi

I have tried just about everything recommended online to fix my microphone on my Acer Aspire.

Anyone have any suggestion or is it more likely a hardware issue

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Did you disable the Realtek Control Panel (rhdcpl.exe) in start up by chance?

It is not a necessary requirement and with most laptops the microphone works without it, but sometimes it doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Torqay wrote: »
    Did you disable the Realtek Control Panel (rhdcpl.exe) in start up by chance?

It is not a necessary requirement and with most laptops the microphone works without it, but sometimes it doesn't.

How do I enable that again

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

The safest way is to reinstall the (latest) audio driver, check the manufacturer's support website.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

Torqay wrote: »
    The safest way is to reinstall the (latest) audio driver, check the manufacturer's support website.

Unfortunately that didn't work is there anything else that I could do do you think

Advertisement