Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on paying rent needed

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

Thanks again for all your replies. I was close to hanging up the phone on him! Although what I want to do is give my notice we have been looking online and they're aren't any properties that are suitable and the same price in the area. For work and family reasons this house is the perfect location so I don't want the hassle of all of us packing up and leaving because of him.
    He said on the phone "you have no right to get your own plumber". The rep is coming this evening so I want to know legally how much longer we can wait for a plumber before we organise one because I'll be telling him that. Also I think I will lodge a complaint with the PRTB as I want some consequences for his rudeness that don't involve us having to relocate! Should I tell this man tonight we are complaining? Anything else I should say to him? I want to be prepared. This guy isn't even our landlord though I don't know who he is!

Fair enough but how much hassle do you think it is going to be to have to put up with this sort of behavior for the rest of the time you live there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

djimi wrote: »
    Out of interest, how does Express Post guarantee a delivery if it doesnt require a signature? As in, how does it differ from regular post?
    Check the An Post for all the details. The disadvantage of Register letter is that the recipient can refuse it. With the Express (also known as Swift), An Post guarantee delivery - there is also Express service that requires a signature, more expensive, but the recipient can refuse it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Ill have to look into that. I dont see how they can guarantee delivery without a signature, and if it doesnt require a signature then I dont see how its any differnet from normal post (which I assume they also guarantee delivery of!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

djimi wrote: »
    Ill have to look into that. I dont see how they can guarantee delivery without a signature, and if it doesnt require a signature then I dont see how its any differnet from normal post (which I assume they also guarantee delivery of!).
    They have the same system in the UK and it works very well - it is also trackable, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

I only plan on staying there til the lease is up. There doesn't seem to be many propertys for rent at the moment compared to a few months ago. If the shower and washing machine situation was sorted the house would be grand. It just really annoys me that he spoke to me like that and I can't really do anything about it and also that they have gotten away with delaying for this long. The first contact was made on 25th September and I have a screenshot of when the phone call was made.
    Does it make sense that a house owned by a few people would be under warranty and would have to be fixed by the one plumber?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Valentine1

I only plan on staying there til the lease is up. There doesn't seem to be many propertys for rent at the moment compared to a few months ago. If the shower and washing machine situation was sorted the house would be grand. It just really annoys me that he spoke to me like that and I can't really do anything about it and also that they have gotten away with delaying for this long. The first contact was made on 25th September and I have a screenshot of when the phone call was made.
    Does it make sense that a house owned by a few people would be under warranty and would have to be fixed by the one plumber?

No, it sounds like a crock of Sh1te.

Advertisement