Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

checking tickets

Options
  • 01-11-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

bought a ticket for a gig from a fella on done deal. got the ticket in the post yesterday. hoping its all legit. got done before on pixies tickets i bought off ebay. your man cancelled the tickets and got them reissued.

so, is there anyway of checking the ticket before i go to dublin. ticketmaster are usually very unhelpful for these things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

if its a physical ticket, chances are you're okay.. if It's a print out.. I think you're relying on the kindness of strangers..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

From my own experience, I'd always ask for proof of purchase with the ticket to safeguard against duds. If you bring it to a TM outlet they will verify if it is legit or not.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

thanks. thats all i want to know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

bought a ticket for a gig from a fella on done deal. got the ticket in the post yesterday. hoping its all legit. got done before on pixies tickets i bought off ebay. your man cancelled the tickets and got them reissued.

so, is there anyway of checking the ticket before i go to dublin. ticketmaster are usually very unhelpful for these things

did you prove to ticket master that the guy had sold you the tickets ? (and then got them re-issued)……I'd have contacted the gardai if I was in that situation.

(unless they were stolen from him and then sold and not sold by the original purchaser)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

If it's a print out just make sure to get to the venue extremely early. Basically, the first one to get the ticket scanned gets in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement