Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honing a straight

• 01-11-2013 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭

I've been shaving away with a Dovo Shavette for a while and would like to move to a straight.

I want to get a new razor not vintage but don't want to go down the honing route at first.

If I buy a non shave ready online is there anywhere in Ireland that hones them? I've seen Westmooreland street barbers mentioned - do they still do it and if so how much?

Or is there somewhere to buy shave ready online?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

There are definitely places to buy shave ready online. I can't remember where though. Surprised nobody else has replied. Perhaps pm Hitemfrank, I am pretty sure he sent me info on where to get the shave ready razors before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82048000&postcount=146

Found this. I think for xmas I might get a new straight razor. At the moment, I am using the whipped dog one but I would like something fancier. Or maybe I should upgrade my DE. What to do...hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Depending on the style of razor I would happily hone it for you. There is one particular style I don't have much experience honing so wouldn't want to practice on someone elses razor.

Thankfully however, new razors don't come in that style. How much were you thinking on spending on the razor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daniel87

I can hone your razor if you still need it?

Regards

Daniel

Advertisement