Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Papers

• 01-11-2013 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I know it doesn't really matter but just wondering which exam papers are better taking everything into account, i.e. quality, price, etc. Edco or educate.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭A7XGirl

Edco is better quality, but Educate.ie is cheaper. I have Edco and Educate.ie exam papers and so far, Edco is still in great condition and Educate.ie ones are starting to fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

You may want to be wary of the huge Edco ones however. For Junior Cert last year, I wasn't the only one who had fallen apart Business Studies papers before the end of the year. They were around 400 pages, perhaps a little less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

also use examinations.ie for printable online versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

I prefer the Edco papers but then again they're much the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭peekachoo

We ordered biology papers last year from edco and none of them were stuck properly and within a week they were all unbinding from the spine, bio teacher sent them back and we got the educate ones. I'm repeating this year and still have all my educate exam papers in perfect condition!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

It depends on the subject.

I'd find exam papers that has a table of what came up in which year, tips etc. and are fairly good quality. I tend to avoid combined papers when I can to save weight and space.

I bought an Edco paper this year without much thought and it only had 2013, 2012 and 2011 papers in them..useless! I'll have to buy an educate.ie one now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

A97 wrote: »
    You may want to be wary of the huge Edco ones however. For Junior Cert last year, I wasn't the only one who had fallen apart Business Studies papers before the end of the year. They were around 400 pages, perhaps a little less.

Oh the memories, they were awful :P

Advertisement