Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petrol/diesel prices around the county

Options
  • 01-11-2013 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭

Popped into Daly's filling station in Lifford a couple of days ago and the petrol was selling at 148.3 a litre which is the cheapest I have seen around East Donegal in recent times.

While not entirely accurate nor up to date at times pumps.ie is listing prices ranging from 155.9 to 158.9 for various places in the county.

Anyone find cheaper than Daly's price?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I don think anyone is even close to matching his prices. €1.56.9 at Statoil places in letterkenny and Apegreen are€1.54.?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm always suspicious of very cheap fuel, heard too many scare stories over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Technique

NIMAN wrote: »
    I'm always suspicious of very cheap fuel, heard too many scare stories over the years.

I'd be careful where I buy my diesel. With petrol, however, I think that the cheapest is always the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Petrol can be diluted down with methanol just as easily as you can sell washed diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thanks guys but can we get back to the topic now please? Cheers.

• Advertisement

All the ones I pass are selling petrol at 154.9 and diesel at 161.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Kearnans in Newton was 151 for petrol when i passed on Friday. From being on the road, the new Applegreen in Buncrana is the cheapest by far, around 5c under the average since it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭supersonic64

Was driving around on Sunday last, cheapest diesel i've see around was Applegreen? across from route 56 at Dry Arch at €144.8 and Roarty's Dunlewey and Crolly filling station at €144.9. Most of the big LK stations
    Tobins,Kelly's and Brogan's seem to be around €146.9.

Crolly garage down to €143.9 for diesel this evening

Crolly garage down to €143.9 for diesel this evening

Where's that?

Diesel still 161.9 up here in Inishowen at most of the garages I have checked.

That's some difference.

• Advertisement

Thats damned pricey. I dont use diesel myself but as all the signs display both petrol and diesel prices I usually spot both and around the Finn Valley/Letterkenny area diesel seems to be in the region of 145 - 155 cents/litre

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Popped into Daly's filling station in Lifford a couple of days ago and the petrol was selling at 148.3 a litre which is the cheapest I have seen around East Donegal in recent times.

While not entirely accurate nor up to date at times pumps.ie is listing prices ranging from 155.9 to 158.9 for various places in the county.

Anyone find cheaper than Daly's price?
    I think Daly's have to compete with Dolans just over the bridge with their prices.

smashey wrote: »
    I think Daly's have to compete with Dolans just over the bridge with their prices.
    Any idea what Dolans are selling the fuel at?

Are you guys sure that the Daly's and Kiernans prices ye seen weren't Stg prices?
    I know they show both Euro and Stg on forecourts. €148.3 just seems too cheap for petrol.
    On the other hand, there's usually approx 10c/ltr difference between petrol and diesel prices
    in the South with diesel being cheaper. whereas in the North petrol is usually 10p/ltr cheaper than diesel. Can Daly's buy cheaper petrol in the North and bring across?

Are you guys sure that the Daly's and Kiernans prices ye seen weren't Stg prices?
    Daly's price was definitely in Euros

Up the Donegal road tonight I had a look at the 2 filling stations there and both had identical prices (whats new there) with diesel selling at 146.9 and petrol at 156.9

muffler wrote: »
    Any idea what Dolans are selling the fuel at?
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dolans-Service-Station/183680991670384

smashey wrote: »
    Paying for petrol in Euro in Dolans would work out around 155 or 156 cents a litre (minimum)

They might have a special euro rate there. I'll have a look later.

Where's that?

That's some difference.

Crolly in West Donegal, between Gweedore and Annagry.
    161.9c must be a petrol price,havent seen diesel that expensive
    usually around 146.9-148.9c

• Advertisement

Yeah sorry that was a petrol price and I think its down since that, but don't know it off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

I was up there two weeks ago and got diesel for 142.9 in an applegreen station just outside Buncrana on the Letterkenny side.

I think the latest prices around the likes of Muff/Quigleys Pt are:

Diesel: 145.9
    Petrol 151.9

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mick.mcginley

crolly

diesel was 141.9 today

crolly

diesel was 141.9 today

Aye saw that alrite

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

in Umrican (near buncrana) €1.51 and €1.43

in Carndonagh €1.549 and €1.479

Slight price drop in Muff today, now at 145.9 and 151.9.

Advertisement