Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI CUP Final Nov 3 RTE2

• 01-11-2013 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

3 Nov 2013 3:30pm Drogheda United V Sligo Rovers Aviva Stadium

End of the domestic season. Tickets only a tenner, sound I'll be there anyway. Hoping it'll be 3rd time lucky for the Drogs this season having already lost 2 finals.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

iDave wrote: »
    3 Nov 2013 3:30pm Drogheda United V Sligo Rovers Aviva Stadium

End of the domestic season. Tickets only a tenner, sound I'll be there anyway. Hoping it'll be 3rd time lucky for the Drogs this season having already lost 2 finals.

You a drogs fan then?? Whats the word on the keepers, who's likely to start do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Hopefully we can agree to skip the match and just do the penalties. Let us out on the beer earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

Best of luck to Sligo, the only football team in this years final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Im looking forward to going to this hope the weather isnt awful. Hopefully its a good match although a lot depends on how the Drogs cope with the bigger pitch. They were really bad in the semi final despite winning. Have only seen them once in the first match of the season in Inchicore. Drogs looked good defensively but were blunt in attack. Sligo looked good in their semi final and started well in Inchicore until we scored our goals which knocked them for six. Going to go for a Sligo win by 2 goals.

The womens final is also on Sunday at 12 20. So it should be a good day out for a tenner.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Hard to see past a Sligo win, but stranger things have happened.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

kksaints wrote: »

. So it should be a good day out.

Eeeek, don't say that round these parts!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Hard to see past a Sligo win, but stranger things have happened.

If a goalkeeper saving four penalties in a row in a penalty shoot out has taught me anything....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Hopefully the rain stays off, will be over myself (been to the last 6 or 7) living it up with a premium ticket (it was free)!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Hopefully we can agree to skip the match and just do the penalties. Let us out on the beer earlier.

I went premium so I could do the beer thing during :) Only €20.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Does RTE player work abroad for matches?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

COYVB wrote: »
    Does RTE player work abroad for matches?

yup for LOI

extra words Champions

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yup for LOI

extra words Champions

I think it's'blocked in the UK because of rights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

LOI games should be FTV as noone else has the rights or wants them.

I do recall Sky buying rights to semis and finals years ago, but never showed any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Guys looking to go to this tomorrow should I book tickets or will I pick them up down there handy enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Guys looking to go to this tomorrow should I book tickets or will I pick them up down there handy enough

Should be no problem getting tickets there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

All us Derry fans will be cheering on Sligo.

If they win, we are in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

*Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

kksaints wrote: »
    Should be no problem getting tickets there.

Yea meant Sunday! Do you think ill have a problem pickin up tickets for the premium seats ? + if I buy on ticket master is it just a matter of printing the tickets off ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Yea meant Sunday! Do you think ill have a problem pickin up tickets for the premium seats ? + if I buy on ticket master is it just a matter of printing the tickets off ?
    You'll have no problem getting to premium seats on the day.I wouldn't give TM the steam of my pish! and yes to your 2nd question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

great idea putting the womens final on the same day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

I'm in Canada so hopefully it'll work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

Hopefully for the biggest club game in the country the attendance breaks 20,000, €10 for adults is great value. Should be a good game, Sligo will have to be at their best to win as Drogheda are a decent side

Hopefully for the biggest club game in the country the attendance breaks 20,000, €10 for adults is great value. Should be a good game, Sligo will have to be at their best to win as Drogheda are a decent side

Weather could be a massive factor though unfortunately. Who will the neutral be supporting I wonder? Drogs have the underdog factor but Sligo play good football.

You'll have no problem getting to premium seats on the day.I wouldn't give TM the steam of my pish! and yes to your 2nd question.

I thought that last year but when I went to buy the tickets in the shop, it was still ticketmaster and their charges, they get you every time *shakes fist*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

I thought that last year but when I went to buy the tickets in the shop, it was still ticketmaster and their charges, they get you every time *shakes fist*

Last years final was a joke trying to get tickets down at the Aviva.There was a ticketmaster outlet there,but they were only giveing out ticket to the F.A.I. season ticket holders .If you wanted to buy a ticket you had to go all the way back to the D4 hotel. Lucky enough another Pats suporter had a spare and gave it to my mate. Not saying it will be like this this year but just beware.

clickhere wrote: »
    Last years final was a joke trying to get tickets down at the Aviva.There was a ticketmaster outlet there,but they were only giveing out ticket to the F.A.I. season ticket holders .If you wanted to buy a ticket you had to go all the way back to the D4 hotel. Lucky enough another Pats suporter had a spare and gave it to my mate. Not saying it will be like this this year but just beware.

I got mine in the stadium's Elverys.

I got mine in the stadium's Elverys.

How did you get into the stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

ticketmaster dont even have a print at home option for some reason, have to go to the ballsbridge hotel.

hoping for a sligo win (kinda better with a sligo father) but Drogs would never have got so far if it wasnt for the QF/SF refs so almost in a anyone but them mood anyway

How did you get into the stadium.

I don't remember, I think we may have been early as I remember we went to Ballsbridge for a pint but had the car parked in Sandymount near Tritonville road.

• Advertisement

I don't remember, I think we may have been early as I remember we went to Ballsbridge for a pint but had the car parked in Sandymount near Tritonville road.

You could not buy a ticket outside the ground last year, there were FAI officials standing around and they were getting lashed out of it. They were blaming ticket master.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

So does anyone know where I would be able to buy tickets for this outside the Aviva tomorrow? Back on the Drogheda bandwagon but unfortunately wasn't able to make it up to buy tickets in Drogheda this week.

So does anyone know where I would be able to buy tickets for this outside the Aviva tomorrow? Back on the Drogheda bandwagon but unfortunately wasn't able to make it up to buy tickets in Drogheda this week.

You could buy them in the Ballsbridge hotel last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

You could buy them in the Ballsbridge hotel last year.

Thanks, do you know if they had the ticketmaster charge? because if it's just ticketmaster selling tickets up there I'll be better off buying them at home and printing them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

overshoot wrote: »
    ticketmaster dont even have a print at home option for some reason, have to go to the ballsbridge hotel.

hoping for a sligo win (kinda better with a sligo father) but Drogs would never have got so far if it wasnt for the QF/SF refs so almost in a anyone but them mood anyway

Word of warning, get there early. It was a ****ing joke last year, think we missed the first 10 mins.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Word of warning, get there early. It was a ****ing joke last year, think we missed the first 10 mins.
    bugger, should have just let him get them off the club when he was down there! cheers

• Advertisement

overshoot wrote: »

I think overshoot answered that question for you.P.S. Do let us know how the ticket situation works out tomorow,have they learned from last year. Been the FAI i doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

...Do let us know how the ticket situation works out tomorow,have they learned from last year. Been the FAI i doubt it.

At the recent Ireland/Sweden game at the Aviva, none of the turnstiles were accepting the print at home Ticketmaster tickets. Everyone was sent down to that single hatch Ticketmaster office to exchange them for proper printed tickets.

The queue was horrendous, absolute joke shop of an organisation.

They seem to go out of their way to make it as awkward as possible each year for the 'walk up' punter to get into the FAI cup final :rolleyes:

At the recent Ireland/Sweden game at the Aviva, none of the turnstiles were accepting the print at home Ticketmaster tickets. Everyone was sent down to that single hatch Ticketmaster office to exchange them for proper printed tickets.

The queue was horrendous, absolute joke shop of an organisation.

They seem to go out of their way to make it as awkward as possible each year for the 'walk up' punter to get into the FAI cup final :rolleyes:

Collibosher ,you have hit the nail on the head.That is exactly what they do. Good luck to the Drogs and the bit of Red tomorrow hope we get a good game that will do our league proud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

You could not buy a ticket outside the ground last year, there were FAI officials standing around and they were getting lashed out of it. They were blaming ticket master.

Typical:pac:

Gorgeous day for it. Hopefully it stays like this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Whats the story with fai season ticket holders? Premium seats is it? And any stand??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yeah I'd be interested to hear what the story is for season ticket holders, I'll probably head down to it. Allegiances with the Sligo I think with being from Connacht my only connection to either team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

adamski8 wrote: »
    Whats the story with fai season ticket holders? Premium seats is it? And any stand??
    cson wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be interested to hear what the story is for season ticket holders, I'll probably head down to it. Allegiances with the Sligo I think with being from Connacht my only connection to either team.

Normal seats apparently. FAI looking after fans again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

doncarlos wrote: »
    Normal seats apparently. FAI looking after fans again. :mad:

Asshats. Great way to ensure fans are spread out, cold and the place is lacking in atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

adamski8 wrote: »
    Asshats. Great way to ensure fans are spread out, cold and the place is lacking in atmosphere.

I'd be very surprised if there is food or drink available too. Will be a handful of people in top tiers so can see them justifying opening them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

So just to clarify (if possible with the FAI), tickets can be bought in the Ballsbridge Hotel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

I presume you can pick up tickets outside the ground yeah?

Hotel quiet so far, tickets picked up in 2 mins. They have them printed just give you name.
    Can buy them in the hotel and there is a Ticketmaster van the city side of the junction too for buying only
    Not many drogs fans about yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Only question now is who to support. I have absolutely no affinity to either, I haven't even been to Sligo or Drogheda. I think I may have to put a little money on it for interests' sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Na na na na,
    Na na na na,
    Heyyyyyyyyyy Sligo Rovers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement