Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAI CUP Final Nov 3 RTE2

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I don't believe it

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Outrageous...3-2 Sligo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pighead wrote: »
    Best cup final ever......
    Tuite the happiest man in the stadium seeing that Drogs equalizer go in.

Never beat the 2006 final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

This is unreal. Brilliant advert for the domestic game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

this is bloody brilliant stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭bishopmuzorewa

George Hamilton on elding...'the league of Ireland's mezut ozil'..ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Lads €10 for this is incredible value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Embarrassing there from the Drogheda lad rolling around.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Brennan rolling around holding his face until he realises nothing is going to be given and then magically he is ok. That lad has a future in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Great game.

Amazing game. Absolutely amazing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Excellent entertainment, delighted Rovers won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was class. What an end to the game!

That was a great game of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

So where's AgileMyth and I wonder if he still think Danny North is a pile of ****e? ;)

Great advert for the domestic game really enjoyed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

The preceding programme has been a public service broadcast on behalf of the League of Ireland.

I've no affiliation with either team but my nerves are still going for whatever reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Some atmosphere here. Amazing game. Delighted for Drogheda. Karma is a Bitch lads hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great game of football. Tuite's **** up of the free kick was ridiculous though, even though Drogheda equalised that should never happen.

Wouldn't be Drogheda's biggest fan in how I've seen them play but felt bit sorry for them after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Pat Dolan is a complete muppet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,037 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Amazing game.. a tenner well spent for anyone in the Aviva today. What a final 10 minutes!

Totally agree he just watched a great game and all he can do is bitch about the size of the crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Totally agree he just watched a great game and all he can do is bitch about the size of the crowd.

Sure anyone with a brain knows he is quite dim....does he expect loads of nuetrals to turn up?!

• Advertisement

18K is a decent effort in my eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone know what the attendances was actually? I'd have thought around 17-18,000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone know what the attendances was actually? I'd have thought around 17-18,000

Just under 18,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Great game, the ref was awful in the second half, lost it, only thing worse was dundalk fans wearing sligo gear at the game, you don't do that, pathetic

Sure anyone with a brain knows he is quite dim....does he expect loads of nuetrals to turn up?!

He must have been expecting a sellout by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Great Game and a great goal to win the cup with some controversy thrown in as well. Really enjoyed watching that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

He has a point though, the game was priced as a loss leader in a modern state of the art stadium and only looked half full if that.

Very entertaining game though in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭clickhere

We all know that,i blame RTE for giveing him the platform to talk ****e.Like when he said Forester was worth 17 million ,he loves the sound of his own voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

doncarlos wrote: »
    Some atmosphere here. Amazing game. Delighted for Drogheda. Karma is a Bitch lads hahaha.
    Makes no sense. I'm no lover of the Drogs but karma would have been Sligo beating eleven Anthony Buttimers courtesy of a dodgy reffing decision.

Not really Drogs players fault that Buttimer made a dogs dinner of the semi final.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    He has a point though, the game was priced as a loss leader in a modern state of the art stadium and only looked half full if that.

Very entertaining game though in fairness.

But the match had two teams from outside the capital it was never going to be a huge crowd and to get 18,000 was a pretty good attendance imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Gwan the bit o red.

Gwan Richie, give Dolan a punch there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

But the match had two teams from outside the capital it was never going to be a huge crowd and to get 18,000 was a pretty good attendance imo.

Hmmmm outside the Capital, back in 2002 Dundalk fans significantly outnumbered Bohs. Derry v Sligo wouldn't have topped 18000? Or Dundalk, Cork etc

Nesta99 wrote: »
    Hmmmm outside the Capital, back in 2002 Dundalk fans significantly outnumbered Bohs. Derry v Sligo wouldn't have topped 18000? Or Dundalk, Cork etc

maybe so but people had a lot more money back in 2002 tis an expensive day out in Dublin these days for a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That_Guy wrote: »
    Gwan Richie, give Dolan a punch there.

Thought rich was gonna knock him on his arse there haha.

Great game though and well done to sligo.

Ref was shocking though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Robbed :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Great game. Wonder was Trap watching?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

maybe so but people had a lot more money back in 2002 tis an expensive day out in Dublin these days for a lot of people.

Recession Recession, people probably spent as much in the pubs watching the game, with the Welsh derby on too. Not everyone was minted in 2002 and not everyone is skint now. The recession didnt stop people travelling from Sligo in significant numbers. Is it not an expensive day out in Dublin for Dublin people too? Travel costs to Dublin are not as prohibitave as you might like to think or have you not left the Capital to know? Just ask the powerhouses of Bohs and Shels as the not too distant past powerhouses in the Capital about the cost of winning trophies, the cost to their fans and the thousands that turned up to their games 2002 and now:rolleyes:

Did Derry fans suffer the extent of the recession as the southerns teams?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Just back from this delighted we won, ecstatic great game.

Pighead wrote: »
    Makes no sense. I'm no lover of the Drogs but karma would have been Sligo beating eleven Anthony Buttimers courtesy of a dodgy reffing decision.

Not really Drogs players fault that Buttimer made a dogs dinner of the semi final.

I have an image of that in my head :D
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    Robbed :mad:

I wouldn't say you were robbed outright - a draw probably would have been the fair result.

Re the attendance; thought it was good tbh. Great value for a tenner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Great game. Well done to Sligo, but Drogheda were part of a Super Cup final.

It had everything. Drogs can feel hard done by for Sligo 2nd. Ref made cock up. But was great move for the goal and North did the damage when he came on.

18k was it? Considering the crap day it was also that was pretty good crowd. I'd have said in around 13-15 at start of week.

It was a cracking day weather wise in Dublin today. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭Alfa Quadrifoglio

What a fantastic game of football, both side contributed to a really entertaining Cup Final laced with genuine quality. There has not been a bad final in the Aviva. The crowd of just 18,000 is disappointing considering it was just €10 for an adult ticket but no surprise given that 90% of "Irish" football fans have no interest in Irish Football!!!! It sounded like a far bigger crowd due to the enthusiasm of the Drogs and Bit O'Red fans.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

I wonder where all the so called ''best fans in the world'' were today'? enjoying the Welsh Darby im sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

:o

Advertisement