Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Post tracking and post rates app

Options
  • 01-11-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have developed an app as a training exercise while taking part in an Android Development course. I just published the app to Google Play. It is a postal tracker and postal rate calculator app. I plan on adding further functionality over time.

The app is called Irish Post.

I'd appreciate it if you would download it and give me feedback on it (you can be kind with the Google Play reviews too if you like :p).

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

well done, great idea. I'll download it now. hope it works out for you.

Just downloaded it, very clean and simple, unfortunately I've nothing to track but from what I've seen so far and of the postage calculator you've done a great job. well done

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Great, thanks. Just a learning exercise more than anything but it's a start and it's useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

dave_t wrote: »
    Great, thanks. Just a learning exercise more than anything but it's a start and it's useful.
    Why not talk to anpost about your app?

If they add a captcha, it probable wouldn't work right?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Have you got it limited to Ireland? I can't see it on the Play store (Through a UK ip address)

myIdea wrote: »
    Why not talk to anpost about your app?

If they add a captcha, it probable wouldn't work right?

I already have. I spoke to them a few weeks ago and they said they need to see if they can release data to me. I will contact them again once I clean up the first few bugs. You're probably right about the captcha thing.

• Advertisement

Have you got it limited to Ireland? I can't see it on the Play store (Through a UK ip address)

I didn't think so but I will double check it. Thanks

Edit: Just checked and it should be available in all countries.

I forgot to link to it http://bit.ly/Hw2PDY ha

Advertisement