Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washer/dryer broke

Options
  • 01-11-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Hi I'm renting an apartment since June and the washer/dryer broke yesterday.
    I rang the estate agent straight away who said she would get on to landlord.
    I rang back today and she said we would be getting a new washing machine.
    However when I said it was actually a washer/dryer she (estate agent) said they are much more expensive and not reliable.
    I said we do need a tumble dryer though?
    She said she would get back on to the LL and ring me back.

Am I entitled to a washer/dryer or just a new washing machine?
    I find it very hard to dry clothes without a dryer, we do have clothes horse but it takes ages to dry clothes on them.
    We don't have a garden with washing line just a small balcony area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You are entitled to a washing machine and where no place is available outdoors for drying clothes you are ebtitled to a dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

foggy_lad wrote: »
    You are entitled to a washing machine and where no place is available outdoors for drying clothes you are ebtitled to a dryer.

There is a small balcony area.. Would this be considered sufficient?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

No the building rules would stop you drying clothes there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

You signed up to have a washer dryer available. Don't be put off by the agent and just demand the washer dryer

Advertisement