Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Tag Team Tournament - final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Team 3D. Surprised APA made it this far.
    DM-ICE wrote: »
    Close how?

Both teams had a great following and made a massive impact in a time when WWE was part of pop culture, well deserving of their places in this type of poll.

Name a great match from either team that didnt involve the TLC stipulation. You wont find much.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Team 3D. Surprised APA made it this far.

Name a great match from either team that didnt involve the TLC stipulation. You wont find much.

I picked APA cause they were my fav, though they didnt make as much an impact as The Dudleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

The Dudleys

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭gerTheGreat

Dudleys... just

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

APA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭srfc d16

Dudleys

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Those damn Dudleyz from Dudleyzille make it through to the final. Edge and Christian take on the Dudleyz. I'd nearly include The Hardyz and make it a threeway for sake of novelty. But I suppose it would be unfair to E&C. Right so I'll make the final open vote. Hopefully we get a good amount. No first to, no limit. Team with the highest votes by noon-ish tomorrow wins.
    Boards.ie Fav Tag Team Tournament Final

Chairs V Tables

Brothers V Brothers

Vampires V Hillbillies

WWE Made V WWE Famed

Christian Jannetty V D-Von Jannetty

Canada V USA

Reeking of Awesomeness V Testifying to thuggery

Edge and Christian VS The Dudley Boyz

Edge and Christian

"Tune up the fat lady and her kazoo. This one ain't lasting long."

E_and_C.jpg
    Insane Championship Wrestling
    ICW Streetfight Tag Team Championship (1 time)[48]
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Match of the Year (2000)[49] vs. The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000
    PWI Match of the Year (2001)[49] vs. The Dudley Boyz and The Hardy Boyz in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven
    World Wrestling Federation
    WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times) - Edge (2)
    WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time) – Christian[1][50][51]
    World Tag Team Championship (7 times)[1][2][17][21][26][28][29][32][35]
    King of the Ring (2001) – Edge[1]
    Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    Tag Team of the Year (2000)

VS

The Dudley Boyz

"They put the Tables in Tables, Ladders and Chairs"

Dudley+Boyz+dudley2.jpg
    All Japan Pro Wrestling
    World's Strongest Tag Determination League (2005)[68]
    Cauliflower Alley Club
    Other honorees (1997)
    Extreme Championship Wrestling
    ECW World Tag Team Championship (8 times)[69]
    Hustle
    Hustle Super Tag Team Championship (1 time)[70]
    New Japan Pro Wrestling
    IWGP Tag Team Championship (2 times)[26][71]
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Match of the Year (2000)[72] vs. Edge and Christian and the Hardy Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000
    PWI Match of the Year (2001)[72] vs. Edge and Christian and the Hardy Boyz in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven
    PWI Tag Team of the Year (2001, 2009)[73]
    PWI Tag Team of the Decade (2000–2009)
    Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[1]
    TNA Television Championship (1 time) - Devon (1)
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times) - Bully Ray (2)
    TNA World Tag Team Championship (2 times)[74]
    TNA Tag Team of the Year (2005)[75]
    Best Tag Team of TNA (2013)
    World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[76]
    World Tag Team Championship (8 times)[77]
    WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[78]

Do a bit of study (it's worth looking back on two hella exciting teams) and let's see who wins:D And of course please give you two cents on why you picked either team and maybe your shockers, disappointments and thoughts on the tournament. Cheers guys/gals

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I vote for the chair swinging Canuks, Edge and Christian.

3D.

Edge and Christian made their career based on one series of matches. 3D did it consistently in a variety of match types against countless opponents for damn near their entire career. Edge and Christian dont come close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

D-Von. Gets the tables!!!!

I'd have rated about 16 teams ahead of E+C no disrespect intended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Edge and Christian purely because they were my favourite team as a kid. Edge was one of my two favourites overall (Crispen Wah was the other). Dudleys may have been better but these are my favourite.

Looking back on the tournament I'm shocked and saddened that BookDust didn't get further :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As I've said before, just look at the photo of the Dudley Boyz above. Dripping with titles. They've won WWE Tag Titles, World Tag Titles, WCW Tag Titles, ECW Tag Titles (8 times), IWGP Tag Titles and I'm sure others too. They could brawl with the best of them and even D-Von, who was terrified of heights, wasn't afraid to mix it up in the TLC matches. The tables, while not introduced by them, were certainly popularised by them.

Bubba and D-Von, whether Southern Hillbilly hooligans or New York street thugs had only 3 rules. Thou Shalt Not Steal, Thou Shalt Kill and Thou Shalt Not F*ck with the Dudley BoyZ!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Its based on who were your favourites, not who was more successful or talented , hence why Headcheese took out LOD

Im going With Edge and Christian. Loved both teams but I liked E and C more

beakerjoe wrote: »
    hence why Headcheese took out LOD

That was because this forum has an unhealthy obsession with Steve Blackman. It was a joke the Road Warriors went out to a jobber team under any circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

All round better team for me are 3D. In terms of in ring, promos and longevity they come out on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Edge and Christian cus, lets face it, D'von is a dud!

Nah, really its because of the giant Texas hats, the Elvis costumes, the midget Hardyz, the kazoo entrance themes, the chicken suit, etc. etc. Simply the most entertaining team ever!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Edge & Christian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Team 3D by a mile for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭The Showstopper

I'm gonna vote for the Dudleys. Though I would be a bigger fan of Edge and Christian I have better memories of the Dudleys as a team. So its time for D-Von to get the tables and 3D E & C through them.

Must say I enjoyed the tournament, really good idea and gave me something to do in lectures. Would have liked to have seen Daniels and Kaz go a bit further in it, by far my favourite team of the modern era.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

E+C, favourite team growing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Dudleys

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

The dudleys,
    They are tag team wrestling in my eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

That was because this forum has an unhealthy obsession with Steve Blackman. It was a joke the Road Warriors went out to a jobber team under any circumstances.

Let it go man, it's an online forum having fun, and for the record I'm not in on the Blackman joke, I 100% enjoyed Headcheese more than LOD.

Dudley's easily. To be honest, while I liked Edge and Christian, they don't scream tag team to me as much as the Dudley's, who have a strong case behind them for being the best of all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Ze Dudleys.

Let it go man, it's an online forum having fun, and for the record I'm not in on the Blackman joke, I 100% enjoyed Headcheese more than LOD.

Just disappointed we ended up with three weak teams in the final four.

3D, Steiners, Road Warriors + 1 should have been the final four assuming they didnt draw each other earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dudleys!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Edge and Christian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Just disappointed we ended up with three weak teams in the final four.

3D, Steiners, Road Warriors + 1 should have been the final four assuming they didnt draw each other earlier.

that's what happens when you rush something like this. iirc first two round were first to 4 votes, so very easy for good teams to get voted out.

btw E & C

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Jaysus, brutal choice, I love both teams.

E&C by a hair.

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lebowskilite

Spike... get the towels!

Dudley Boys

Advertisement