Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie PW Tag Team Tournament - final

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Just disappointed we ended up with three weak teams in the final four.

3D, Steiners, Road Warriors + 1 should have been the final four assuming they didnt draw each other earlier.
    I'm still a bit annoyed that Jack and Charlie beat Hell No :P Still, that's the way things go I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

So that settles it. No doubt not every bodies main team but the Dudleyz take the title. As disappointing as the final were lacking of maybe a few 80s and 90s teams but I think the fact the TLC three were there was quite funny. Head Cheese shocked the Road Warriors. The Wildcard team of Chainsaw Charlie and Cactus Jack have a brilliant showing. The APA show just how underated they probably are and were.
    The Dudley Boyz

"They put the Tables in Tables, Ladders and Chairs"

Dudley+Boyz+dudley2.jpg
    All Japan Pro Wrestling
    World's Strongest Tag Determination League (2005)[68]
    Cauliflower Alley Club
    Other honorees (1997)
    Extreme Championship Wrestling
    ECW World Tag Team Championship (8 times)[69]
    Hustle
    Hustle Super Tag Team Championship (1 time)[70]
    New Japan Pro Wrestling
    IWGP Tag Team Championship (2 times)[26][71]
    Pro Wrestling Illustrated
    PWI Match of the Year (2000)[72] vs. Edge and Christian and the Hardy Boyz in a Triangle Ladder match at WrestleMania 2000
    PWI Match of the Year (2001)[72] vs. Edge and Christian and the Hardy Boyz in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs match at WrestleMania X-Seven
    PWI Tag Team of the Year (2001, 2009)[73]
    PWI Tag Team of the Decade (2000–2009)
    Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
    NWA World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[1]
    TNA Television Championship (1 time) - Devon (1)
    TNA World Heavyweight Championship (2 times) - Bully Ray (2)
    TNA World Tag Team Championship (2 times)[74]
    TNA Tag Team of the Year (2005)[75]
    Best Tag Team of TNA (2013)
    World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
    WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time)[76]
    World Tag Team Championship (8 times)[77]
    WCW World Tag Team Championship (1 time)[78]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Very worthy winners. One of the best teams ever.

Just realised, they have been in TNA for EIGHT years now. Did not think it had been that long.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

probably in the minority here but was never mad about the dudleys

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Well done ShagNastii, I really liked this tournament. Picking your favourite team instead of the "best" made it fun and random. Also, not having to explain your pics was great. Wrestling fans can sometimes get very caught up in work rates, drawing power and hyper-logical storylines, but just picking the team that gave you personally the most entertainment without having to justify it was quite liberating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The Dudley Boyz for me. Class tag team. Loved some of their Matches and the extremes they went too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sorry for bumping an ancient thread but having a similar tournie at the moment with ''outside people'' if ya'll are interested. Click here to join in!

Advertisement