Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PASS Session mandatory?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hey,

I heard a rumour the other day that in order to pass first year, you must attend a minimum of 3 PASS classes during the year. Can anyone say if this is true or just rubbish? I haven't needed to go along to any PASS sessions so far because I haven't been struggling but now I'm concerned I might be screwing myself by not going. Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Not as far as i know anyway, PASS is the stuff for people who are struggling and other students give them advice,am i right? If so the 3 class thing is for people who want to go on to be PASS people themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

no you don't have to unless you want to be a pass leader in second year you have to attend 6 cause in second year its worth 5 credits or something :) but if you are stuck for an assignment they are good to know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Thanks for the replies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

As mentioned it's more for people who want to teach PASS but also for students who want to get to know classmates.

Advertisement