Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received a yellow card on API

Options
  • 01-11-2013 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭

I received a yellow card from Hellrazer on a thread in API

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057072935

My argument with the yellow card is that the warning on the thread is, in my opinion, very clearly for one poster only, the OP. The post in question is quoted by the mod, and the warning given. Nowhere does that warning state that it is for all users. I have pmed the mod in question, and also all other API mods, but they are upholding it, stating that I knew it was for everyone. I did not, and really don't appreciate being called a liar. If you look through API at the warnings on other threads, they are very clear when they are for all users.

On that same thread, the OP who was given the warning and then a yellow card responded again later, with no further sanction. Another poster also posted in the same manner, and received no sanction.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hi muddypaws,

A Cmod will look into this and be back to you as soon as possible,

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

As its been over two weeks since I posted this, I'm presuming nothing is going to done about it? Shame that I've done everything that boards.ie says I should in a dispute but not been treated with the same respect.

Edited to add some history:

A good while ago I was approached by an API mod to become a mod on that forum. I thought about it for a few days, and then agreed, it wasn't something I was looking for, but as I was asked and I like the forum, I said yes. I then got a pm from Hellrazer to say that it was a mistake, and they didn't want me to be a mod, they weren't looking for mods, yet not long afterwards a new mod was indeed appointed. This I think shows exactly how Hellrazer views me, and I believe that his response to my posts is reflected in this. I honestly don't care about being a mod, as I say, it wasn't something I actively looked for, and I didn't really want to do it, but agreed, as without mods, the forums can't run. But the yellow card, and now no resolution. I think its a real shame, my life isn't going to change because of boards, but I do think that posters should be afforded a certain level of respect by the people that run the site.

Hi,

I'm so sorry. This did get overlooked. I will seek to resolve the matter in the next 24 hours.

Thanks.

Hi Muddypaws,

Again, I apologise for the tardy reply. You were on my to do list and I am completely at fault for that.

Moving onto the issue.The previous on thread warning is irrelevant in any case. A yellow card in itself is just a warning so there need not have been a previous on thread warning.

I have discussed this with HR and he has suggested as a show of good will that the card be reversed. I agree. Things got a bit heated that day on the thread and there probably was no real intent.

The card may take up to 48 hours to be reversed. If there are any issues, please PM me.

Resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Thank you Micky Dolenz and HR.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement