Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Curling iron recommendations?

• 01-11-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭

I've asked himself to get me a curling iron for my birthday next month. I've never owned one before and don't want one that's too high tech or fancy as I'll prob only use it for nights out. Any recommendations? Something not too dear. Metal or ceramic? Any partiaular brands to look out for or avoid? Help please! :):o Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

The Remington Pearl curling wand is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Thanks that looks really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 natec12

i second the remington pearl wand..have one two years only really use for nights out gives a lovely curl. but don't lose the protective glove you get with it, i did and i'm always burning my fingers :'(

Thanks! That's one thing I'm worried about - would the wand be more difficult to use than the iron like burning your fingers? :( I've read online though some people saying the clamp on the irons can make a kink in the hair. The wand does sound really good though, just looked it up on Boots website and people are raving about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

Wands are little bit tricky to get the hang of, but they give a lovely curl! I have the Babyliss Curling Wand, and would absolutely recommend it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 natec12

yea it just takes getting used to..i would be a very impatient person generally so i tend to fly through it being a bit careless lol ive never used tong ones so i cant help you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I personally find that the wand gives a nicer curl.

Thanks for all the advice! Think I'm going to go for the Remington one. I've had a google and it seems to get good reviews all round. Also found it in power city for only €25 so am very happy! Now to just wait until my b-day... :pac::pac::)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

Hi guys,
    I'm looking at these too. I don't curl my hair either but have had it done a couple of times at the hairdressers. Tight curls don't suit me at all, only loose ones. Would I be better going for the Remington Pearl Pro Curl CI9532?

http://ie.remington-europe.com/women/haircare/stylers/pearl-pro-curl-ci9532.html?ds_implied=yes

Probably should mention curls tend to drop out of my hair in no time. Maybe it's a lost cause but I'd love waves/ loose curls.
    Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I bought the Aria Beauty Pro Curler from the guy in Stephens green and it is amazing! He did a demo on my long naturally straight hair at 10am and come 5pm the curls were still there and not one had dropped. So naturally I bought it, it cost €80. I've used it many times and the curls last all night even in the rain. It won't singe your hair but It does get extremely hot very quickly and I have many burns to show it haha

• Advertisement
Advertisement