Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary schools - Navan

Options
  • 01-11-2013 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

So who got lucky with St Pats?

310 applications for 170 places. Our lad was not one of the lucky ones. Plan B to kick in now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 JudgeRoyBean

Fiskar wrote: »
    So who got lucky with St Pats?

310 applications for 170 places. Our lad was not one of the lucky ones. Plan B to kick in now

Its tough isn't it. Thankfully don't have to worry about boys schools for another few years but my daughter has two first round acceptances for Mercy and Loreto. Nerve wracking having to wait but luckily all OK. Loreto had 300 applicants for 150 places apparently so a lot of disappointed people there as well. Whats plan B?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Plan B effectively is Dunshaughlin but no idea given to number of places and applications received.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

I know a lot of boys who had Dunshaughlan as their plan B if they didn't get Pats. A surprising amount got Pats on the second round though.

Like the previous poster I have a girl this year looking for a place - we got Mercy and Loreto and have decided to go with Mercy.

Will have the boy dilemma in a couple of years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Pepsicass wrote: »
    I know a lot of boys who had Dunshaughlan as their plan B if they didn't get Pats. A surprising amount got Pats on the second round though.

Like the previous poster I have a girl this year looking for a place - we got Mercy and Loreto and have decided to go with Mercy.

Will have the boy dilemma in a couple of years!

We did not get a place from round 2 either, so much if any chance of a place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Heard something about the Secondary school in Rathcairn having a special deal with the Gealscoil for automatic entry, not sure if that could be right (or even legal) these days, anyone hear anything about that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pepsicass

Well, I know someone who is in the Irish school in Navan and will get an automatic place in Rathcairn.

But, surely if you didn't go to a Gaelscoil you wouldn't even contemplate going to an Irish speaking secondary school?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭bladespin

Pepsicass wrote: »
    Well, I know someone who is in the Irish school in Navan and will get an automatic place in Rathcairn.

But, surely if you didn't go to a Gaelscoil you wouldn't even contemplate going to an Irish speaking secondary school?

I wouldn't be inclined just wondering how that kind of deal could even exist these days.
    I would wonder how the Irish speaking secondary school would work for foreign nationals, I'm guessing there would be some sort of consideration involved, maybe that could be extended to English speakers.

Advertisement