Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent late bars near the Olympia?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭

Going to a gig on a Tuesday in a few weeks in the Olympia. Think we're staying somewere around Parliament Street. Last time I went to a gig in Olympia we went to Brogans(I think thats the name of it,right beside the venue) before it and then up to Whelans,but that was years ago. Weres good to go now after the gig?Is Temple Bar still rip off central?Just looking for somewere with a bit of atmosphere on a Tuesday night that doesn't charge a fortune for a few beers.

EDIT-Actually we're undecided whether to stay up around Camden Street or around Temple Bar area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I would do the same as you did the last time, you can't best Whelans any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Sweeny's on Dame St or The Globe just around the corner on George's St are both good spots. Both are only 2 mins walk from the Olympia also.

If you're staying up on Camden Street then Whelan's is probably the best late bar on a Tuesday. Anseo and Bernard Shaw are both good but don't think either are late bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

What kind of a gig is it?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Going to the Pixies.
    Do Whelans charge in after 11pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Bison bar on Wellington quay, beside the workmans club. Right next door to Parliament street, and will play decent music, inline with Pixies etc.

On parliament street walk towards quays and turn right before the bridge, beside the Clarence hotel.

Free in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

toby2111 wrote: »
    Going to the Pixies.
    Do Whelans charge in after 11pm?

I don't think they do mid-week.

But as someone said - Bison is nearer and is a nice place for late-pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    I don't think they do mid-week.

Just checked Whelans website,free in and bar til 3am so looks good. Dont think we'll stay on Parliament street(Bridge House) cos the place got brutal reviews on Tripadvisor.So its either Camden Deluxe Hotel or The Times Hostel,Camden Place.Both are cheap and beside Whelans

Advertisement