Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All power outlets "gone"

Options
  • 01-11-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello,

i'm having right now a weird issue. Looks like all my power outlets are gone, not providing any electricity. In my box all switches are up, even the RCD.. but I'm afraid it's not properly working.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Luca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

zioaxiom wrote: »
    Hello,

i'm having right now a weird issue. Looks like all my power outlets are gone, not providing any electricity. In my box all switches are up, even the RCD.. but I'm afraid it's not properly working.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Luca

Are lights working

Physically pull all trip switches down including RCD and then push them back up

• Registered Users Posts: 24 zioaxiom

thanks. I already tried that before.. but nothing happens. Lights are working, but all the rest isn't powered.

Rcd problem so. Push test botton. Try resetting it a few times. Pis of board might help. Make sure the rcd isn't fitted upside down. Maybe need an electrician.

Tried resetting more times but unsuccessfully. I'm also trying contacting my landlord by yesterday... Replied only now telling me to put back the switches in the ON position... Sent him a pic of the box to show that everything is ON but still not working. looks like i will not get any support from my landlord at time.. What should I supposed to do?

Thanks again,
    Luca

Tried resetting more times but unsuccessfully. I'm also trying contacting my landlord by yesterday... Replied only now telling me to put back the switches in the ON position... Sent him a pic of the box to show that everything is ON but still not working. looks like i will not get any support from my landlord at time.. What should I supposed to do?

Thanks again,
    Luca

Post a pic here.

The RCD is most likely problem

• Advertisement

here is it :)

here is it :)

Cheers
    Have you pressed the test button on the RCD,if so what happens

May be faulty RCD,need a registered electrician to replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Tell your landlord you are calling a registered electrician and you will deduct the cost of it from the rent.

That should get him to sort you out.

told her I was unable to work. problem solved :)

Thanks guys,
    Luca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Do you live on the second floor?

• Advertisement

main floor

Advertisement