Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a PS3 Help

Options
  • 01-11-2013 10:46pm
    Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Currently have a PS3 connected to a "new" TV via HDMI cable and works fine.
    Need to move it to a non HDMI TV and only connections available are Scart or
    RCA Connectors.
    I tried the RCA cable that came with the PS3 but it's not working, no picture or sound on the other TV.
    I then put the leads into a Scart adaptor (checked the connections were the right colours) but again nothing.
    Tried it on the HDMI TV but nothing, HDMI works perfectly.
    Would there be there something wrong with the lead or do I need to adjust any of the setttings in the PS3 to show the picture on the old TV or anybody any other suggestion?
    Hoping someone can help me out as really need to move it.
    Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Burdock

Currently have a PS3 connected to a "new" TV via HDMI cable and works fine.
    Need to move it to a non HDMI TV and only connections available are Scart or
    RCA Connectors.
    I tried the RCA cable that came with the PS3 but it's not working, no picture or sound on the other TV.
    I then put the leads into a Scart adaptor (checked the connections were the right colours) but again nothing.
    Tried it on the HDMI TV but nothing, HDMI works perfectly.
    Would there be there something wrong with the lead or do I need to adjust any of the setttings in the PS3 to show the picture on the old TV or anybody any other suggestion?
    Hoping someone can help me out as really need to move it.
    Cheers.

When the PS3 is in standby mode (red light) push and hold the power button until it beeps twice (~5 seconds). That will bring you back to the standard AV cable audio/video output. Make sure you are on the correct TV channel or input.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Cheers.
    Worked perfectly.

Advertisement