Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name the new private forum!

Options
  • 01-11-2013 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭

Ok gang, we've got the ok for a private forum, used for talking about NT tactics and such.

Now the problem is: what to name it?

Madden NFL called their private one "the Huddle" (I think) and so on.

Or we could just keep it simple and say Blackout Rugby Ireland Private Forum or something like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

The Terry Lavis appreciation club?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Gelio wrote: »
    The Terry Lavis appreciation club?

Anyone?

no. he's old news.

the Miron Grigorescu chap is the way forward. man mountain with skills coming out of his ears. heard he's about to take Cian Healys spot as he's a better scrummager and far far more destructive in the loose.

Could call it something like "the lineout" or "dark arts" or something vague! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

The Dark Arts sounds good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

The Boards super secret Blackout Rugby secret offsite secret private secret forum

Its a secret forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

No Foreigners Forum ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭westman1

Phonehead wrote: »
    No Foreigners Forum ;)

NO FF HMMM where have i heard that before

How about the ME2 developers forum?

Then we could never post at all.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

I kinda like the dark arts. :)

Or,

The Scrum
    Confidential Tactics
    Everyone Misses Ajeffares
    Lost Without The Dutch

Or, y'know.

Need a good solid idea soon enough. If there's no magical consensus I think it'll have to be a mod call, because I don't want us to be hanging around for ages when this forum is ready to roll.

Ah sure just pick whatever. It can always be changed later on.

The dark arts sounds good to me for the time being

• Advertisement

I like the "everyone misses the dutch"...but newer managers prob wouldnt fet it (hands up i couldnt figure out what the story was with them & had to ask).

How about BR Ireland national teams forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

How about "All blacks are barred from this forum"

Ctrl+Alt+NZ win ?

Fewi, how easy is it to replicate the Forum - Sub Forum we have on the offsite here?

Phonehead wrote: »
    Fewi, how easy is it to replicate the Forum - Sub Forum we have on the offsite here?

Pretty tough. Well, we don't have the freedom we have on the off-site.

This new forum would be a private forum to discuss NT tactics and U20s tactics etc, but wouldn't be a substitute for the off-site's various forums. We can get various things done here, but we'd have to use threads rather than sub-forums to split things up.

That's ok,

Could just sticky threads.

NT Tactics and Game discussion thread
    U20 Tactics and Game discussion thread
    NT Training Backs
    NT Training Forwards
    U20 Training Backs
    U20 Training Forwards
    Transfer Market Deals and Trades

Yeah, that'd be doable (although maybe not stickies, they're trying to bring in a max of three stickies policy)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I like The Scrum for what it's worth. Damn copycats with your super secret forums!

I like The Scrum for what it's worth. Damn copycats with your super secret forums!

Lots of backs about the place though... so demanding with their lack of scrum know how. Actually, must ask the rugby forum, wouldn't want to yoink their private forum name etc.

FewFew wrote: »
    Lots of backs about the place though... so demanding with their lack of scrum know how. Actually, must ask the rugby forum, wouldn't want to yoink their private forum name etc.

Is that thing where the fatties all come together for a cuddle or something?

• Advertisement

Gelio wrote: »
    Is that thing where the fatties all come together for a cuddle or something?

That's a "Cuddle Flop"

A scrum is the foundation on which all is built.

Advertisement