Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saffron Fine Indian Glanmire

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

hi guys,anyone know what happened to the above named take away,went down last week to get my chicken madras and it was closed and still is,so im looking for a good indian if anyone can recommend one,regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

minterno wrote: »
    hi guys,anyone know what happened to the above named take away,went down last week to get my chicken madras and it was closed and still is,so im looking for a good indian if anyone can recommend one,regards
    Indian take away in Mayfield shopping center is good.+ close to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭BurnsCarpenter

Haveli in Douglas is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭minterno

thanks guys,will give them both a bash,regards

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Lal quila in Douglas is gorgeous

leahyl wrote: »
    leahyl,thanks for the tip, I tried the one in Mayfield twice since and it was nice the first time and ok the second,and I will try Lal Quila next,regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

leahyl wrote: »

It's alright, imho almost all the dishes there taste the same - they just have different colour sauces. Bombay Palace in town would be my fave.

pow wow wrote: »
    It's alright, imho almost all the dishes there taste the same - they just have different colour sauces. Bombay Palace in town would be my fave.
    thanks,another one to try,regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Haveli in douglas is better than Lal Quila. Lal quila seems to have gone way downhill since they started doing italian in there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭sensormatic

Tonto is the best indian around so says the lone ranger anyhows

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

pow wow wrote: »

totally agree with you, Lal Quila is very-rated.

• Advertisement

I have to say I think I prefer Lal Quila to Bombay Palace; I do like Bombay Palace but haven't been there in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

For me the best in Cork is Bombay Palace and the worst is Lal Quila (although haven't been in over a year so it may have changed).

I think the Indian opposite the Opera House is decent also (can't remember what it is called).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

If you're going all the way Douglas for an Indian you may aswell go to Kerry Pike for a decent meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,313 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

kcb wrote: »
    If you're going all the way Douglas for an Indian you may aswell go to Kerry Pike for a decent meal.

Is that Indian too? strange name

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

The Raj Gaylord is in Kerry Pike. It is a lovely one. Eastern Tandoori in Emmet Place is fantastic too. I like Lal Quila. I live near Douglas and haven't been disappointed yet, but take away is an occasional treat, so it may be a bit hit or miss and I have only had hits?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

..Eastern Tandoori in Emmet Place is fantastic too...

Has it improved recently? It used to be great (years ago) but the last couple of times I went it was muck with bad service.

I don't rate Eastern Tandoori either - the worst out of all the indian restaurants in cork IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Ah seriously. I used to love the Eastern Tandoori. I clearly need to eat out a bit more. The Raj Gaylord is still worth a visit, isn't it? I am craving Indian food, so I want to make the best possible decision at the weekend. I hate it when great places nose dive...

Ah seriously. I used to love the Eastern Tandoori. I clearly need to eat out a bit more. The Raj Gaylord is still worth a visit, isn't it? I am craving Indian food, so I want to make the best possible decision at the weekend. I hate it when great places nose dive...

I know plenty of people who rave about the Raj but haven't been myself yet. Its meant to be pricy but very good so treat yourself! :pac:

Advertisement