Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are some nice scenic routes near Blackpool in Cork?

Options
  • 01-11-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi, I am looking to start running. I like places like the lough to run where there is water. I'm odd that way :).
    I live near dinos in Blackpool, what would be some nice place to go for a run?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ianol1989 wrote: »
    Hi, I am looking to start running. I like places like the lough to run where there is water. I'm odd that way :).
    I live near dinos in Blackpool, what would be some nice place to go for a run?

Head out the old Blarney road, up the hill by the back of the shopping centre/Aldi, out under the rail bridge, and loop back in by North Point and Commons Road. Nice, safe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 ianol1989

evilivor wrote: »
    Head out the old Blarney road, up the hill by the back of the shopping centre/Aldi, out under the rail bridge, and loop back in by North Point and Commons Road. Nice, safe etc.

This sounds perfect, thanks. Haven't been to that Aldi's yet. Is there anyway you can draw this route on google maps for me.

Aldi's iis in the retail park, Do you mean lidl's. Haven't been there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

ianol1989 wrote: »
    Aldi's iis in the retail park, Do you mean lidl's. Haven't been there yet

I mean Aldi, the one in the retail park. Road at the back of it, up the hill, left, out beyond Planet Gym, you can turn down there for a short run - or continue out, under rail bridge, left, down towards North Point and then in Commons Road to Dinos and home.

I can map it tomorrow if needs but not now.

I mean Aldi, the one in the retail park. Road at the back of it, up the hill, left, out beyond Planet Gym, you can turn down there for a short run - or continue out, under rail bridge, left, down towards North Point and then in Commons Road to Dinos and home.

Alright, I'll have a look there tomorrow and see if i can find planet gym.
    Thanks again for the help.

• Advertisement

scribblemaps.com is awesome. It lets you draw on google maps. Here's two routes I came up with so far.
    The big red dot is what I came up with for the house/starting point.
    http://www.scribblemaps.com/maps/view/runningroute

Advertisement