Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 5.30pm

• 02-11-2013 12:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

So then 1st plays 3rd and a game that is being hyped beyond its obvious significance its fair to say. Its not defining and can't be in November, the most one can say is that it'll be a decent test of both sides credentials to be doughty candidates for a strong Top 4 campaign.

The home side are missing their usual quota of decent players notably Flamini who has been the effective stopper ahead of the back line. Diaby, Walcott, Podolski, Oxlade-Chamberlin and Gnabry are others out tomorrow. Liverpool are missing two one of whom wouldn't even be on the bench so Aspas only really. Coutinho may or may not start but will be in the squad.

Form wise in the league there is almost nothing to split the two - only an extra draw for LFC being the difference, Goals for and against equally tight.

Only a fool would nail his colours to the mast on this one. So fill your boots! :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Think Liverpool will win this. 1-2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,064 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I actually fancy Liverpool for this one.

Can't see that dodgy Arsenal defence keeping out Suarez/Sturridge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

mike65 wrote: »
    Dunno if this is on the UK/Ireland tellybox

It's on Sky Sports 1, not BT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Match is on Sky Sports 1 rather than BT Sport.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2-1 or 2-2 I think. It could go either way really, but I think Arsenal will probably have too much for Liverpool tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I would settle for a draw. There is Sturrigde/Suarez for Liverpool alright, but I don't trust them Germans playing for Arsenal, especially Oezil ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It feels like Sturridge and Suarez would need to go ape**** for Liverpool to win this.
    I reckon we'll need 4.
    I can't see us holding out against Arsenal with only a 1 or 2 goal lead.

Lack of a 4-4-2 could be Liverpool's problem tomorrow, Arsenal have struggled for the last while to break down a well-organised defence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

2-1 Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id imagine well keep the same formation/set up as we did v west brom, if we do and execute it as well as then i can see us getting a result but would happily take a draw. Should be a good game id say.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2-2 I'll go with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    2-2 I'll go with.

Snap.
    (Please draw...please!...C'mon Chelsea)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Score draw.

Most likely 2-2.

Hope yous don't all get on it before I do, it'll be 4/1 for 2-2 by the time I get on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Win is possible for Liverpool if Sturridge and Suarez continue their form but the same thing can be said of Arsenal too with the likes of Giroud, Ramsey and Ozil. Should hopefully be a great game. 3-2 win for Liverpool ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Should be a good game.

Hopefully both teams go for it, 2-2 or 3-2 either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

1-3. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not feeling as confident as I should be, think we are really going to miss walcott and flamini, would have fancied any of our wingers against their full backs. Hopefully dominating the midfield battle may prove enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Expectations slightly raised for Liverpool usually = massive dose of reality at some point. Arsenal to stroll to a comfortable win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

1-0 or 2-0 to Arsenal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Going on the away game last season I'd take 2-2 again, Arsenal were a joy to watch. Sturridge or Suarez will get something so 1-1 is the best I can realistically hope for.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Going on the away game last season I'd take 2-2 again, Arsenal were a joy to watch. Sturridge or Suarez will get something so 1-1 is the best I can realistically hope for.

A fellow Arsenal fan had exactly the same idea I had, Liverpool sitting back and when they break we both said we can just see Suarez making a mazy run while Sturridge just goes straight up the pitch. Arsenal without Flamini look awfully soft through the middle again and in attack the magic has been missing for a couple of matches. Honestly wouldn't be surprised by any scoreline, can see either team win by a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

2 - 1 arsenal, pool will keep it tight, mostly sitting back and trying to catch arsenal on the break. Perfect game for ozil to show us what he's about.

Easier game than the score line suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

A fellow Arsenal fan had exactly the same idea I had, Liverpool sitting back and when they break we both said we can just see Suarez making a mazy run while Sturridge just goes straight up the pitch. Arsenal without Flamini look awfully soft through the middle again and in attack the magic has been missing for a couple of matches. Honestly wouldn't be surprised by any scoreline, can see either team win by a couple.

Yeah it's great for the first time since Gerrard and Torres to have a double goal scoring threat in the team, and that's before Coutinho comes in. The three of them haven't played with each other between suspension and injuries.

I think Rodgers has to go with the 3-1-4-2 in the last game which will morph into 5-2-1-2 or even 5-4-1 when defending.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Something more like a 4-1-4-1 while defending would be the best option against Arsenal IMO. Playing with 5 at the back as yous have been doing could make breaking difficult, or leave yous very expose when the attack breaks down. Playing with 5 at the back, plus Lucas, then Suarez and Sturridge up top could leave a big gap in transition, maybe even moreso with Coutinho in there. I'll probably be drunk by the second half but I'm looking forward to the tactics employed by Liverpool, if Rodgers sticks to his guns and it pays off he looks like a genius (to some), there's other tactics that have worked against Arsenal so if his don't work then there's plenty of ammunition against him. Can see both threads being hilarious tomorrow night once it's not a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Whatever the outcome, it will be great to be able to enjoy the games before hand. I much prefer a evening ko than an earlier one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Arsenal with a shock 4-2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

scrappy 7 all draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Not too confident about this one. Can't see us winning, would be delighted with a draw, my prediction 2-0 Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

3-1 Arsenal. Giroud first scorer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Milkers wrote: »
    Expectations slightly raised for Liverpool usually = massive dose of reality at some point. Arsenal to stroll to a comfortable win.

As an Arsenal fan, I feel like the exact same is true for us, and had the exact same line of thought, with teams reversed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Still have us backed with both teams to score though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

2-2 prefer 3-2 to The Arsenal but Flamini is a big loss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lads I think it will be a goal fest 4-3 to the pool. Could be the game of the season so far.

YNWA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Everyone seems to be expecting a goalfest so I'm going with a boring 0-0 draw.

I'm always wrong tho..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

rumour is wilshere is out too, arsenal injuries beginning to mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

2-1 Arsenal would be my prediction.

A draw would be a very good result for us, though I wouldn't be surprised if we came away with something.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Thread title should be changed to Kolo Toure Appreciation Day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Everyone seems to be expecting a goalfest so I'm going with a boring 0-0 draw.

I'm always wrong tho..

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a dull game myself. When we sit back and try and hit teams on the counter the games are normally terrible (the league game against United...although I would take the same result).

Won't try and predict a result though, it would look like a good time to play Arsenal following two defeats, which although probably expected may have knocked their confidence...and a shaky win against palace...but on the other hand this could spur them on. For us we are coming off the back of our best performance but the week before we struggled to get a result against a team with 10 men for over half a game. Really depends on which teams show up...as cliched as it sounds.

Will be interesting to see how we set up...as someone said Arsenal struggled against Palace's flat back four but I think our 3 would handle Giroud easily...and we need the extra body in midfield.

Up front we can hurt their defence but Suarez and Sturridge are guilty of wasting a lot of chances hopefully today they make the most of the ones that fall their way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Liverpool plus £1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Given all the hype I have a feeling both teams will cancel each other out. I have a feeling its going to be a nil nil or a low score draw. Obviously as an Arsenal fan I hope we do nick the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

1-1 Suarez & Ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Hoping Liverpool win, as it could lead to an Arsenal collapse with a tough run over the next couple of months. Arsenal are overpriced today though at 13/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

really looking forward to this. Its a hard one to call tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I think this could be the breakout game for Sakho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

8-10 wrote: »
    I think this could be the breakout game for Sakho.

Whys that? He's looked dodgy at best

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

jonny666 wrote: »
    Whys that? He's looked dodgy at best

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Liverpool's defence doesn't look much good to me. 3-1 Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'm a bit nervous about this one. Without Flamini, I think we're going to have a very tough time stopping Suarez and Sturridge from scoring. We should still dominate midfield though and with Giroud, Ozil, Cazorla and Ramsey all starting we should be able to grab a few ourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

Would expect more of a 5-3-2 than a 3-5-2 for pool here

sas run riot : 6-0 pool :pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement