Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Well feck that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

mike65 wrote: »
    Chelsea, Man City and Soton of course!

Arsenal are always happy to finish in the top 4.

Game over 5 pts clear yum yum mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Better team won. Is as simple as that.

The same old flaws that most Liverpool supporters are well aware of were on display again today. But from Arsenal's pov they can only beat what is put in front of them and that is exactly what they did.

Reminded me of the game against Southampton. For the most part we were outplayed, outfought, and out thought by a team that one suspects had another gear or two left in them had they needed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

The scoreline reflects the match. Good bye :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Bad result lads but it's still very early days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Doesn't really matter if Liverpool won't sell.

Liverpool were always outsiders for top 4 this season even with Suarez

6 th favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

FearDark wrote: »
    Jenkinson is muck.

Give over ;), fans have very short memories Jenkinson when given a run last year was brilliant so much so that people were questioning whether Sagna would get back in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Mike your tears are delicious.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Well done Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Well deserved arsenal, we were simply not good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pighead wrote: »
    I'm just speculating that this could agitate Suarez.

Why would it ? He is Real Madrid bound and was only ever using arsenal to get the move .

Also Liverpool where shocking and deserved to be beaten .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

eagle eye wrote: »
    To who? Sturridge was offside.
    No he wasn't. He was behind Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Gah, good win for Arsenal. 5 points is a lot :(

Why would it ? He is Real Madrid bound and was only ever using arsenal to get the move .
    And you know this how?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Happy with that. Very happy. Still hope Liverpool get top 4.

And you know this how?

Then why is he still a Liverpool player ? If he really wanted to move to Arsenal it would have happened this summer .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Well done Arsenal.

Always a decent poster

What do you mean poor effort? It wasn't a dig to be honest. Back in September I thought that there would be very little between Arsenal and Liverpool come the season's end. The point isn't that I thought Liverpool were going to win the league. It's that I didn't think Arsenal would be challenging for it.

I'd imagine Arsenal have gone up in a lot of people's estimation over the past two months. Today's game shows that there is quite a bit between the teams. I'm just speculating that this could agitate Suarez.

Will you stop talking crap about Suarez, ye haven't a prayer of getting near him not even the smallest of small chances.

Apart for anything Arsenal have made their once every 10 year big money signing in Ozil, it will be all cheap buys for the next few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Gulf in class

This sums it up.

Liverpool's current league position flatters them due to an extremely soft opening fixture list. The next few months should balance out matters and see Chelsea and City push them down the league.

Amazed at the number of people here predicting a Liverpool win before the game. Even this (weakened) Arsenal side were comfortably able to handle this mediocre (full strength) Liverpool outfit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Always a decent poster

Always has been.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Was there a huge difference between the sides. Arsenal were at home. They took their chances. I'm not too convinced Liverpool are that far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Well done Arsenal. Easy win in the end. Hoping for a better battle next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And you know this how?

he told me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kosser, Sagna, Ramsey, ARTETA. Four huge games from them.

Delighted to be 5 points ahead of everyone else.

Expected more from Liverpool tbh

quarryman wrote: »
    This sums it up.

Liverpool's current league position flatters them due to an extremely soft opening fixture list. The next few months should balance out matters and see Chelsea and City push them down the league.

Amazed at the number of people here predicting a Liverpool win before the game. Even this (weakened) Arsenal side were comfortably able to handle this mediocre (full strength) Liverpool outfit.

Dose of reality kid. Arsenal were at home. They have won **** all in years. Enjoy it.

Liverpool can be still happy enough with start to season. They will give top 4 right good go.

Then why is he still a Liverpool player ? If he really wanted to move to Arsenal it would have happened this summer .
    Liverpool refused to sell him to Arsenal. That's why he didn't go. I'm speculating that Suarez will angle for a move again come January considering how good Arsenal are looking.
    Will you stop talking crap about Suarez, ye haven't a prayer of getting near him not even the smallest of small chances.
    Well I'm a Dundalk fan so yes I would probably agree with you there.

Gulf in class

I don't think there is to be honest. Arsenal were the better team no more. Liverpool played well in spells too and people are running them down far too much today. We were all over arsenal for the first 15 mins for instance.

Had the ref not been a joke and allowed us to play on and score that goal things could have been very different.

People saying there is a gulf in class are in dreamland, there isn't much between them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

niallo27 wrote: »
    Was there a huge difference between the sides. Arsenal were at home. They took their chances. I'm not too convinced Liverpool are that far behind.

Liverpool need a whole new midfield. Gerard's was a passenger out there and Lucas wasn't much better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

****! Get in there. Deserved win for Arsenal. Could have been 5-2 with all the chances and it was a good open game. 5 points clear at the top and beating liverpool at the same time tastes mighty good! Yum, yum, yum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Apart for anything Arsenal have made their once every 10 year big money signing in Ozil, it will be all cheap buys for the next few years.

Pighead's a United supporter I'm fairly certain. Well, a Dundalk supporter who watches the odd United game.

Oh and regarding you're other comment please see below;

Tumblr_mcu2n9is8I1qzycpbo1_500.png

Well I'm a Dundalk fan so yes I would probably agree with you there.

Why are you in here trolling Liverpool fans so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

niallo27 wrote: »

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Liverpool win the reverse fixture later in the season. Even playing fairly poorly today they still had chances. Arsenal certainly deserved it today though. Played very well for the most part.

quarryman wrote: »
    This sums it up.

Arsenal deserved the win yes, but Liverpool were missing Enrique, Johnson and a returning Coutinho, that not the first choice team at all.
    Johnson in particular is a massive loss.

Arsenal took 28 points last year from the games they have played last year. From the contenders i would prefer Arsenal to win it over the others, but BOTH teams have had easy fixtures.

Liverpool's Arsenals current league position flatters them due to an extremely soft opening fixture list. The next few months should balance out matters and see Chelsea and City push them down the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Thought Liverpool were a bit sub par.

Arsenal were good at looking good but they gave the ball away far too much and faffed about needlessly. A better team would have punished them. (See last week)

Also ... a quick tap free kick when you're 2-0 up with 3 mins to go and your only forward is lying on the ground?? WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

I don't agree with the "Gulf in class" phrase.

There isn't a gulf in class between Charmander and Bulbasaur and I think the same immature principle works here:

Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson came up against players like Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla. Liverpool just didn't have the legs in midfield. Something that West Brom (with Sylla and Mulumbu) had, despite there being a gulf in class between Arsenal's midfield and West Brom's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Arsenal deserved the win yes, but Liverpool were missing Enrique, Johnson and a returning Coutinho, that not the first choice team at all.

Arsenal took 28 points last year from the games they have played last year. From the contenders i would prefer Arsenal to win it over the others, but BOTH teams have had easy fixtures.

Liverpool's Arsenals current league position flatters them due to an extremely soft opening fixture list. The next few months should balance out matters and see Chelsea and City push them down the league.

I refer you to CSON's post a couple above yours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Both teams have had a soft enough opening ten games but arsenal are top of the table and clear by 5 points. Ten games in against any fixture list and 5 points clear is still a great position.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Liverpool win the reverse fixture later in the season. Even playing fairly poorly today they still had chances. Arsenal certainly deserved it today though. Played very well for the most part.

Liverpool have a shocking record down there. It's a game you just move on from. Top 4 is the objective, actually just to challenge for top 4 is the objective.

greendom wrote: »
    I refer you to CSON's post a couple above yours

Read again, I was quoting the post above, not my words, i think Arsenal could do well but there is no doubt both the teams today have had decent fixtures so far and well know alot moreabout them good or bad by the New Year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

And we were missing Podolski, Chamberlain, Flamini and Walcott. What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Expected more from Liverpool tbh

A lot of people did but most people who've been watching them (most Liverpool fans) know that there's a gulf in class between us and last season's top 4.

There was a few bits and bobs for Suarez and Sturridge. Could've scored a couple and Arsenal would've been left scratching their heads. That's kinda what most teams have been doing after facing Liverpool this season.

It's a percentages game. While it's possible Suarez or Sturridge will score given any chance obviously reducing the supply lines will make that less likely.
    Arsenal had enough control to make a Liverpool win very unlikely and relied on a few bits of luck and quality to get them the goals they needed.
    Other teams haven't been as fastidious and despite not really being outplayed have ended up conceding lots of goals.

The Arsenal performance wasn't impressive in and of itself but they had plenty left in the tank and that's without having any quality on the bench to call on.

Well deserved. Enjoy being top of the league for at least another 2 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Bizzare that Quarryman still gets such a reaction....and that it goes unnoticed.

Why are you in here trolling Liverpool fans so
    Pighead would suggest you loosen your underpants and stop being so uptight. This is a forum for opinions. My opinion is that Suarez' desire to join Arsenal may have increased slightly since September given how they are playing. Actually think Rogers is doing a decent job if that makes you feel any better. One decent midfielder could make a huge difference to them this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

And we were missing Podolski, Chamberlain, Flamini and Walcott. What's your point?

Don't forget Wilshere and Gnabry aswell, if we ever get a fully fit squad we will have brilliant options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bizzare that Quarryman still gets such a reaction....and that it goes unnoticed.

He is an amazingly hostile poster.

Liverpool are getting better past few seasons. Few bad defeats aint going to change my mind.

Rodgers is doing good job imo.

Yes they still throw in howler now and then, but getting less and less each season.

They are a team fighting for Top 4 make no mistake about it.

Title contenders was bit off for this season(not saying its totally out of question, but long shot). Every team drops silly points but results like one against 10 man Newcastle is a game Winners will win.

Arsenal have been very impressive, but I think you will see cracker next week. I think United will give Arsenal their toughest test yet. Think United are due big one.

Look forward to it.

Liverpool refused to sell him to Arsenal. That's why he didn't go. I'm speculating that Suarez will angle for a move again come January considering how good Arsenal are looking.

The only club Suarez wants to Join is Madrid and that will probably happen at the end of the season .
    The next few games could change everything for Arsenal because when you look at it both Liverpool and Arsenal have had a fairly handy start to the season . The pressure comes up for Arsenal over the next few weeks and for Liverpool christmas will make or break them .

@ Niallo27 Our midfield was cack compared to Arsenals .

Pighead would suggest you loosen your underpants and stop being so uptight. This is a forum for opinions. My opinion is that Suarez' desire to join Arsenal may have increased slightly since September given how they are playing. Actually think Rogers is doing a decent job if that makes you feel any better. One decent midfielder could make a huge difference to them this season.

Liverpool are currently 2nd in the league why would Suarez want to move to arsenal? Arsenal could quite easily go through a bad spell of games before January.

The only team Suarez will move to is Real Madrid, that's a simple fact.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

the disappointing thing is despite playing poorly, liverpool had plenty of chances to get back in the game

3-5-2 is a joke of a system and rodgers only used it because the squad is so imbalanced with lots of centre-halves yet most of his attacking reinforcements not up to it (aspas, albeto, moses), while we have another dud at lb in cissokho

poor signings and poor depth

however when lfc went back to 4-2-3-1 they got back into the game and as I said, missed a few good chances, neither side good enough is my conclusion

it's still between chelsea and citeh - both these sides not good enough at the back and not deep enough squads

• Advertisement
Advertisement