Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 5.30pm

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Arsenal were strong today. They deserved the points. I'd have liked Liverpool to make it a bit harder, but sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Don't forget Wilshere and Gnabry aswell, if we ever get a fully fit squad we will have brilliant options.

Don't know how Wilshere passed me by...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Don't know how Wilshere passed me by...

We also have Diaby to come back :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't forget Wilshere and Gnabry aswell, if we ever get a fully fit squad we will have brilliant options.

A Reyes-type signing would be welcome in January along with the majority of the squad fit. I remember how much of a boost that gave the Invincibles the window we signed him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

niallo27 wrote: »
    Was there a huge difference between the sides. Arsenal were at home. They took their chances. I'm not too convinced Liverpool are that far behind.

agree completely - game was very even, stats bear that out, plenty of chances for liverpool despite a very average performance, neither side covered themselves in glory here, arsenal still suspect at the back and liverpool lacking in energy in the middle of the field and second choice wing-backs not good enough

propoganda machine says it was easy and comfortable for arsenal, the reality and facts of the game tell a different story

both sides will gradually drop down the table unless they address their inherent weaknesses in January

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Liverpool are currently 2nd in the league why would Suarez want to move to arsenal? Arsenal could quite easily go through a bad spell of games before January.

The only team Suarez will move to is Real Madrid, that's a simple fact.

Didn't he want to move to them over the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Are you sure you aren't mixing up the word fact with opinion ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

donfers wrote: »
    agree completely - game was very even, stats bear that out, plenty of chances for liverpool despite a very average performance, neither side covered themselves in glory here, arsenal still suspect at the back and liverpool lacking in energy in the middle of the field and second choice wing-backs not good enough

propoganda machine says it was easy and comfortable for arsenal, the reality and facts of the game tell a different story

both sides will gradually drop down the table unless they address their inherent weaknesses in January

What are Arsenal 'inherent weaknesses'?

Il admit we need one forward player. a winger or a striker. Hopefully we'll sort tht in January

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Always a decent poster
    Always has been.

Cheers, but I'm self aware and very much a prick at times :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Jesus if Arsenal had bought Suarez in summer they be favourites to win league now imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Liverpool are currently 2nd in the league

Third.

Jesus if Arsenal had bought Suarez in summer they be favourites to win league now imo.

It'd be awesome to watch em all tho!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jonny666 wrote: »
    What are Arsenal 'inherent weaknesses'?

Il admit we need one forward player. a winger or a striker. Hopefully we'll sort tht in January

Waiting for our defence is weak argument despite our defensive record last season saying quite the opposite.

Can't wait to have players back and I dont have to see Bendtners name on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Bizzare that Quarryman still gets such a reaction....and that it goes unnoticed.

Why don't you actually debate the points I made instead of posting this garbage.

My statements:

It wasn't a penalty
    Ramsey would score the 2nd
    Liverpool's fixture list has been soft
    Arsenal are a much better team.

What is "hostile" about all of that?

Waiting for our defence is weak argument despite our defensive record last season saying quite the opposite.

Can't wait to have players back and I dont have to see Bendtners name on the bench.

That's exactly what I'm waitin for!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I don't think there is to be honest. Arsenal were the better team no more. Liverpool played well in spells too and people are running them down far too much today. We were all over arsenal for the first 15 mins for instance.

Had the ref not been a joke and allowed us to play on and score that goal things could have been very different.

People saying there is a gulf in class are in dreamland, there isn't much between them at all.

The Arsenal players stopped playing after the whistle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

cson wrote: »
    Pighead's a United supporter I'm fairly certain. Well, a Dundalk supporter who watches the odd United game.

Oh and regarding you're other comment please see below;

Tumblr_mcu2n9is8I1qzycpbo1_500.png

Shake harder boy!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The Arsenal players stopped playing after the whistle

In fiarness, it;s the kind of thing Thierry Henry did several times, trying to catch the opposition before they're ready. Don't think it made all that much of a difference to the result, though.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

And we were missing Podolski, Chamberlain, Flamini and Walcott. What's your point?

Ye are very sensitive, i was just disputing this "Even this (weakened) Arsenal side were comfortably able to handle this mediocre (full strength) Liverpool outfit." which said we were full strength

Relax and enjoy ye are top of the league

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If they had they wouldn't have Ozil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

5starpool wrote: »
    If they had they wouldn't have Ozil.

Probably not. Not sure who I'd rather have, but I guess I don't get to decide so Mesut will do :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

No complaints, better team won!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

quarryman wrote: »
    This sums it up.

Liverpool's current league position flatters them due to an extremely soft opening fixture list. The next few months should balance out matters and see Chelsea and City push them down the league.

Amazed at the number of people here predicting a Liverpool win before the game. Even this (weakened) Arsenal side were comfortably able to handle this mediocre (full strength) Liverpool outfit.

I'm a pool supporter and i agree with the first part of your post, the fixtures have been kind, but they've been kind in years before and we couldn't gather points - the team that slips up most against the lesser teams wont get top 4

Arsenal proved today that against a decent midfield Gerrard and Lucas dont cut it - at least the picture is clear for Rodgers to strengthen in Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Arsenal's midfield on another level to ours .hopefully BR can address this at Xmas. Thing is I felt the game was alot closer than it looked. Arsenals movement and midfield control was far better, but somehow we created equal or even more chances especially in 2nd half as Suarez got behind the defence.

It was a day where our key assets, SAS, failed to fire. Exciting times for arsenal fans. So much potential in that team.

No complaints with regards the result.

Arsenal midfield was the main difference. Best midfield in the league atm.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

rarnes1 wrote: »
    No complaints with regards the result.

Arsenal midfield was the main difference. Best midfield in the league atm.

Totally agree,no excuses best team won.
    To think what players Arsenal have to come back is scarey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,279 ✭✭✭slingerz

Tonight showed the Gerrard can't cut it in the middle anymore. Lucas awful as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Rosicky is really under-rated. Always puts in a shift and neat and tidy player. I like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Will you stop talking crap about Suarez, ye haven't a prayer of getting near him not even the smallest of small chances.

Apart for anything Arsenal have made their once every 10 year big money signing in Ozil, it will be all cheap buys for the next few years.

Yes, now that Arsenal have paid off all their debt for the stadium they are going to continue to not buy top quality players that they need, despite the fact they are now free of the restrictions they had in the last few years. :confused:

Liverpool supporters are being a little over dramatic in this thread. I still think Liverpool have a really good chance of finishing in the top 4. In fairness I'm not sure they will win the league this season, (I'm not convinced Arsenal will either), but it is a massive improvement over last year and if they can keep improving their squad, there is no reason they can't challenge (Arsenal) next year ;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

cathalio11 wrote: »
    I don't agree with the "Gulf in class" phrase.

There isn't a gulf in class between Charmander and Bulbasaur and I think the same immature principle works here:

Gerrard, Lucas and Henderson came up against players like Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla. Liverpool just didn't have the legs in midfield. Something that West Brom (with Sylla and Mulumbu) had, despite there being a gulf in class between Arsenal's midfield and West Brom's.

You don't think there is a gulf of class between the two teams the ask yourself how many pool players would make the arsenal starting eleven.

Suarez for sure but that's about it.

Rb, keeper and maybe a cb position is debatale at best but I know who I prefer!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So he's either going to sign for Madrid, re-sign for Liverpool or retire from football?

gosplan wrote: »
    So he's either going to sign for Madrid, re-sign for Liverpool or retire from football?

I'm guessing he meant in January ?

I can't see him going in Jan anyway tbh. Summer he's gone, I think that's something all Liverpool fans accept.

I'm guessing he meant in January ?

I can't see him going in Jan anyway tbh. Summer he's gone, I think that's something all Liverpool fans accept.

Going anywhere in Jan would be insane. Unless there's a collapse between now and then, it would basically be Liverpool selling CL qualification.

After that though, he could go anywhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Going anywhere in Jan would be insane. Unless there's a collapse between now and then, it would basically be Liverpool selling CL qualification.

Can't see him going anywhere in Jan but the summer more than likely.

But in saying that...
    IF there is a big CL club struggling in the CL come Jan then don't forget Suarez is probably the only true world class player in Europe that won't be cup tied.

There could be a very rich club out there that could see his £50mil (alleged) valuation + some more to prise him away mid season, as a worth investment to keep CL alive.

That would put him in the elite ~£60mil bracket which I could see opening up many eyes at Liverpool as a sale worth making.

I agree.

It'd be quite a back down from the owners to sell to Arsenal and I wonder would Arsenal spend that money 2 years on the trot?

Spain and Madrid are his his big preference but if that doesn't happen it realistically could be anywhere.

I agree.

It'd be quite a back down from the owners to sell to Arsenal and I wonder would Arsenal spend that money 2 years on the trot?

Spain and Madrid are his his big preference but if that doesn't happen it realistically could be anywhere.

Arsenal probably would spend it cause they have it now but maybe not on Suarez.

There was a lot of bullsh1t from his camp about the transfer last summer. Also 60 million buys you a hell of a player. We seem to all be acting as though he the only option. Could Arsenal not just wait and try to grab the next Cavani or Ageuro?

I mean Lewandowski is available on a free. Just give him 20 million for himself and stick him on the same wages as Ozil.

I'm not saying this is what will happen but you get my meaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I don't think arsenal will go back for Suarez, and I defo don't think Liverpool will sell him to us.

Although if madrid came sniffing I think Suarez would agitate for a move to there. liverpool need to spend on sorting out their midfield in Jan, they were really ineffective yesterday.

Arsenal probably would spend it cause they have it now but maybe not on Suarez.

There was a lot of bullsh1t from his camp about the transfer last summer. Also 60 million buys you a hell of a player. We seem to all be acting as though he the only option. Could Arsenal not just wait and try to grab the next Cavani or Ageuro?

I mean Lewandowski is available on a free. Just give him 20 million for himself and stick him on the same wages as Ozil.

I'm not saying this is what will happen but you get my meaning.

His agent has previous when it comes to this so it wasn't suprising.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Rosicky is really under-rated. Always puts in a shift and neat and tidy player. I like him.

He has been absolutely terrific. A player of 33 to cover the ground and show the dynamism he is showing is marvellous. To think two year ago i had him in the Andrei bracket when truth is he was probably struggling for fitness. The milan disaster of 2012 turned the corner for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

He lost about 2 years in the prime of his career so to come back from that and be as effective as he has been in the last 18 months is good going. You need solid squad players like Rosicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Moneymaker wrote: »

I don't think Arsenal fans underrate him alway works hard for the team when available and not a bad footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Problem with Rosicky is that he can really be a weak link in some performances.

A truly special performer at times but even against Napoli, the team were playing tremendously but he gave the ball away really poorly on several occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Problem with Rosicky is that he can really be a weak link in some performances.

A truly special performer at times but even against Napoli, the team were playing tremendously but he gave the ball away really poorly on several occasions.

He was great yesterday though, always looking to play the ball quickly, kept Liverpool chasing shawdows all through the game. Some great tackles too. He's a brilliant back-up option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

If only he could have added a dozen or so league goals a season.

Advertisement