Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Arsenal can avoid giving Liverpool any gifts like Dortmund's 1st, Chelsea's first, both of Liverpool's last season, I fancy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

BYEKFygIQAAlQsJ.jpg:large

Baaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

BYEKFygIQAAlQsJ.jpg:large

Baaaaaaahahahhahahahahahahahahahahah.

I think this is more cringe-worthy :pac:

BXfxas3IIAAspH6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Hard one to call think we will miss Falmini but the Podolski and Walcott will be missed more in a game like this. Would like to see Gnabry start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

Hard one to call think we will miss Falmini but the Podolski and Walcott will be missed more in a game like this. Would like to see Gnabry start.

From our point of view im glad Walcott is out.. from speaking to arsenal supporters I think he's valued more by non gunners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Gnabry is not fully recovered and won't feature, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

The biggest absence for Arsenal is Flamini. He has had a lot to do with the good start to the season we have enjoyed. He is a big loss today, glad to hear Wenger say he should be back for the United match though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Raf32 wrote: »
    rumour is wilshere is out too, arsenal injuries beginning to mount.

That does seem to be over the twittersphere alright. Hopefully Ozil or Giroud can also pick up a strain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Needed Gnabry to win this game I think. We need an outlet on the right that's direct and pacy and without that I think the best we can hope for today is a draw unfortunately. Rodgers isn't a fool and will undoubtedly set up to counter us; expect Liverpool to take the lead from a counter attack and then us to struggle to get level. Bit of magic from Ozil type of thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we got caught twice a lá the Dortmund game.

To win it we basically need to suffocate them through the middle, be patient and have Gibbs and Sagna sit as much as possible to cut out counters.

Fancy Cazorla to score and one of SAS too.

1-1 for me.

• Advertisement

BXfxas3IIAAspH6.jpg

They're equally horrendous :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

4-3

Giroud with 1, Cazorla with 2, Ramsey with 1.

Sturrige with 2, Suarez with 1

Let the games commence

gladiator.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

Can't see Arsenal losing this, as a Liverpool fan I'd be pretty happy with the draw.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't call this match at all. Can't see either team keeping a clean sheet. Would expect our midfield to boss Liverpool's but if Sturridge and Suarez are on form they will cause problems galore for Mert and Kosc. Will be looking for a big performance from Arteta and Ramsey in the middle today.

I think it's going to be a much tighter game than a lot of people are predicting too. 2-1 or a 1-1 for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This might be a top 2 clash by kickoff time if things go our way!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

5starpool wrote: »
    This might be a top 2 clash by kickoff time if things go our way!

Yeah just saw that, here's hoping. Becoming a bigger match by the minute, gotta love it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Captain Morgan Freeman

BXfxas3IIAAspH6.jpg

Now that i think of it has anyone seen Steve Clarke since the West Brom vs Liverpool game?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Hopefully if Liverpool win this today they can regain their 3 ppg record

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Whatever way the 1st half goes , just hope we can play our 2nd half like we did v West Brom . Our 2nd half performances have been a little light to say the least.

I'd go with most who said it will be tight ........ 1 - 1 or 1 -2

I think Suarez will come good again today . Cream on top and all that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

I imagine both teams will be having a good go at this after the chelsea result there, chance to go clear at the top for either team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah just saw that, here's hoping. Becoming a bigger match by the minute, gotta love it :)

No doubt Sky are preparing the promos as we speak!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Interesting stat - if Liverpool beat arsenal it'll only be their second time beating a team above them this season.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Interesting stat - if Liverpool beat arsenal it'll only be their second time beating a team above them this season.

Useless stat if I am honest especially with such a small sample size (9 games)

Well given Liverpools average position in the league that's a fairly useless indicator of anything.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Useless stats are useless :)

Apply the same criteria to Arsenal ; )

mike65 wrote: »
    Well given Liverpools average position in the league that's a fairly useless indicator of anything.

Touché!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Would have been a bit hard for them to have beaten a second team above them so far this season. Liverpool have been in the top two for seven out of the past nine gameweeks, and Arsenal were the team ahead of them for most of that time.

Jesus lads I'm no defender of Oranage but he was obviously joking.

EDIT: But if he wasn't then I give up...I really do.

Orange2 is not known for his dead pan wit to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Looking forward to this. A rarity in the premier league, two footballing teams at the top of the table. Long may it continue:)

This is too close to call for me especially with slightly conflicting loyalties.

May the best team win*

*and i hope Arsenal do ok too;)

Orange2 is not known for his dead pan wit to be fair.

And the fact he has thanked your post but not mine would lead me to believe that ye were all right and I was wrong.

I despair...I really ****ing do. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

A page to discuss my little joke, really guys I think it's time to step away from the computer.

A page to discuss my little joke, really guys I think it's time to step away from the computer.

A page?

You need to change your settings ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Nothing brings people out on boards as much as the chance to say

'You are wrong'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I think Walcott would have a field day against a 3 man CB pairing. As he isn't playing (as well as Flamini) I'm looking at a 2-1 Liverpool win.

Disgusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Confirmed #LFC team v Arsenal: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Sturridge

We're screwed.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Liverpool starting XI vs Arsenal: Mignolet, Flanagan, Cissokho, Toure, Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Gerrard, Henderson, Suarez, Sturridge. #LFC #****

Oh my god flanagan playing as a wing back.

Congratulations arsenal.

What the ****? Kelly, Toure, Skrtel, McLaughlin or Hendo would be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

klose wrote: »
    Oh my god flanagan playing as a wing back.

Congratulations arsenal.

shame we didnt have a winger, would really fancy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

FFS. Would prefer Sterling to Flanagan, in all honesty

Id literally rather colin pascoe tog out and go full back instead of him. Everyone might aswell collectively kilck martin kelly in the balls too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Would have gone to a back 4 in preference to this. Hopefully Flanagan proves me wrong but my mood is seriously deflated now

Subs Jones, Coutinho, Moses, Kelly, Allen, Agger, Sterling.

Arsenal starting XI vs Liverpool: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud.

Arsenal subs: Fabianski, Vermaelen, Monreal, Jenkinson, Hayden, Akpom, Bendtner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Arsenal FC ‏@Arsenal 1m View translation
    #Arsenal team to play Liverpool: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Giroud #AFCvLFC

FFS. Would prefer Sterling to Flanagan, in all honesty

As a defender? Kelly surely should be in there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Unless Flanagan is on PEDs, he has no business being on this pitch.

Even then, debatable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So then 1st plays 3rd and a game that is being hyped beyond its obvious significance its fair to say. Its not defining and can't be in November, the most one can say is that it'll be a decent test of both sides credentials to be doughty candidates for a strong Top 4 campaign.

oi! :pac:

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

not happy with flanagan selection.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Bit of a baffling decision I have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,673 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Well, we are 100% against teams above us so far this season, I beleive...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement