Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Liverpool Sky Sports 1 5.30pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Half of 2 chances....unfortunately ours fell to Have a go Hendo.

Liverpool's fullbacks and midfield muck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Rodgers should considering switching to 433 or 442 here. Flanagan and Cissoko are just not good enough as wing-backs. Coutinho on as well to link the midfield up with the front two.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Actually think we'll see Moses ahead of Coutinho from the bench in the 2nd half. Replace Cissokho and go 4-3-3, get at Sagna who is on a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Our midfield is outclassed here

Do we have one:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

HT

Well it was about what you'd have predicted - Le Arse with the lions share of the game, Flanno has done better than I expected, Cissokho worse than I feared.

Gerrard is having one of his big game/small performances days. No real suggestion of leadership. The front two are feeding off scraps but still with the odd glimpse to keep the Gunners alert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Flanagan has done nothing wrong.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Waste of time playing wingbacks, Cissokho looks like he doesn't know where he needs to be defensively.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We need another goal, Suarez only needs one chance and he'll bury it. Been playing well after an edgey first ten minutes, really upped the gears after the goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Flanagan one of Liverpool's better players in the 1st half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Stirling needed...now :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Take cissokho off hes a liability. Flanagan doing surprisingly well. Get coutinho on if the game is gunna be this open.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Flanagan has done nothing wrong.

:rolleyes:

Attacking he's not done too much. He is playing as a wing back after all.

Defending he's been solid.

3-5-2 needs to be scrapped 2nd half

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭SweepTheLeg

Hope Arsenal hold onto the lead, but don't see us keeping SAS from scoring in the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

quarryman wrote: »
    I don't think he was joking...

Ah stop will ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

We are lacking big time in midfield... Non existent really .. We need to change it up soon
    Countinho or Moses on , take a full back off

efb wrote: »
    Flanagan one of Liverpool's better players in the 1st half

He's done OK but he still doesn't offer enough in that position. Been better than Cissokho though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

We are lacking big time in midfield... Non existent really .. We need to change it up soon
    Countinho or Moses on , take a full back off

Put mosses on and play him as a wing back .

Kess73 wrote: »
    Well cannot argue with Arsenal being in front. They have been the better team for much of the half.

Liverpool started the game well and it was 50/50 for the first 15 mins, but then Arsenal went up a gear and took over.

Cissokho having a very poor game for Liverpool, with Henderson and Gerrard being poor to average in the centre. What a difference it would make to the current Liverpool team if a quality midfielder or two were added (along with a left back/LWB who turned up)

I think it's been a nothing game. Arsenal lucky to be in front. Neither side creating anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

Sterling & Coutinho on, Cissokho & Hendo off.

Please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Arteta by far the best player on the pitch thus far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Lucas having a mare for me, should have been about for the first goal..and he looks shattered... Actually the whole mid is ****e, need to break one of these arsenal players... No point having two up top if you can't get the ball to them.. rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Arteta's been absolutely sublime in Flamini's absence, great performance from him so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rob316 wrote: »
    Take cissokho off hes a liability. Flanagan doing surprisingly well. Get coutinho on if the game is gunna be this open.

That'll only work if we take both full backs off. There's nobody on the pitch who can play LB other than Cissokho.

Bringing Enrique on for him and Coutinho on for Flannagan would be ideal.

Arsenal haven't been great really.

For the supposed orgasm of football we were expecting there hasn't been much in the way of chances. I suppose Liverpool scoring first would've made it more likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool's fullbacks and midfield muck

Midfield is so paceless its like they're knee high in it. Get Coutinho on so we can actually have somebody to create a bit other than balls out wide to our wing backs who miss control or put in sarcastically bad balls. Lucky to be 1 down, not that Arsenal have been stunning we've been horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Cissohko isn't related to a footballer.

Is Kelly injured?

Sterling & Coutinho on, Cissokho & Hendo off.

Please.

Not Sterling please.

That tracking on Cazorla was brutal. He jogged into the box with nobody within 10 yards of him for the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Put mosses on and play him as a wing back .

I would probably take flan off . Stick hendo on the right and play Countinho on an advanced role

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

As bad as Cissohko has been...I think people calling for Sterling need to think about that for a minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Coutinho coming on has me worried.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Cissohko isn't related to a footballer.

Is Kelly injured?

Only back from a long-term injury but he's not suited to wing-back IMO.

Redknapp not happy with Flanagan lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Can't see Liverpool keeping up the level of pressing they've been at for the whole game. I think Brendan Rodgers was watching that BVB game and is trying to do similar except he doesn't have the quality of BVBs players to make it so. Pretty much what I expected in midfield with us dominating.

Be an interesting second half, I still think Liverpool will score but equally I think we're probably good for one more. Certainly Liverpool have the better options from the bench in Coutinho, Sterling and Moses.

Also fairly disgusted at Sturridge if, as it looked, he was claiming for a penalty when he ran the ball out on the byline versus Gibbs.

Coutinho is the one warming up apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

niallo27 wrote: »
    Ah stop will ya.

C'mon. It was complete dive. Only the most biased, blind Liverpool fan would think that was a "stonewall" penalty.

Decent game. Arsenal currently teaching Liverpool a footballing lesson. Ramsey to score a second I reckon and put this game out of sight.

Allen for Lucas would be my first sub.
    If not that Coutinho for Hendo.

If they both start the 2nd half we're ****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Seriously, wtf is Cissoko? Cause he isn't a footballer

An LFC left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Attacking he's not done too much. He is playing as a wing back after all.

Defending he's been solid.

3-5-2 needs to be scrapped 2nd half

I think it needs to be scrapped full stop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think I would bring on Coutinho, Allen, and Moses for Henderson, Gerrard, and Cissokho.

Use Coutinho and Allen to try and get some ball retention in the centre and gamble on Moses having enough about him for the wing back role.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Coutinho on and Cissokho off

quarryman wrote: »
    C'mon. It was complete dive. Only the most biased, blind Liverpool fan would think that was a "stonewall" penalty.

Decent game. Arsenal currently teaching Liverpool a footballing lesson. Ramsey to score a second I reckon and put this game out of sight.

Of course it was a dive. Arsenal are creating nothing. Coutinio on now. Different game

Bollox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coutinho in a 4-4-2

Kess73 wrote: »
    Think I would bring on Coutinho, Allen, and Moses for Henderson, Gerrard, and Cissokho.

Use Coutinho and Allen to try and get some ball retention in the centre and gamble on Moses having enough about him for the wing back role.

Gerrard won't be taken off ever by Rodgers, simple as that.

I'd take off the whole midfield except the bench is an even worse standard

Coutinho is cute

mike65 wrote: »
    Coutinho in a 4-4-2

Can't see how that will help the midfield. In fact it could be even more exposed.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Feels better already

Coutinho already finding that space between midfield and defence.

• Advertisement
Advertisement