Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Slow Journey to Faster Times

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Frriday 27th February - 75 minutes Steady
    11m @ 6:58p/m average (156bpm avg)

I'm very satisfied with this workout. It's not as fast as any of the others I've completed at this heart rate, but it was definitely the most comfortable. I felt like I was cruising the whole way. The pace was fairly even too, apart from a few wind affected miles in the middle. What's most pleasing is that I never went above/below 158/153bpm at any stage during the Steady miles. Last Friday even though I averaged 157, I fluctuated between 149 & 167 because of the steep climbs and drops I encountered. My last mile tonight would have been consistent with the couple before it (or faster) only for the threat of an unexpected visit from the gingerbread man. I had to slow a bit to avoid disaster and luckily finished out the mile without any issues. The receptionist in The Gibson Hotel was kind enough to let me use the facilities before I ran the cool down mile back to the car :P.
    Because of the race next week, I'll just do the one Steady session on Tuesday or Wednesday so I don't overtax myself. Once I get my long run in this Sunday it'll have been a satisfactory week, considering I missed one of the more important workouts.

Splits:

W/u mile - 7:39 (127bpm)

Mile 1 - 6:44
    Mile 2 - 6:46
    Mile 3 - 6:48
    Mile 4 - 6:50
    Mile 5 - 6:57
    Mile 6 - 7:06
    Mile 7 - 7:15
    Mile 8 - 7:07
    Mile 9 - 6:58
    Mile 10 - 7:01
    Mile 11 - 7:11

C/d mile - 8:17 (137bpm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Hmm so theoretically I could have yapped at your heels for six or seven miles and broken a gut while you cruised along at conversation pace....nice :)

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    Hmm so theoretically I could have yapped at your heels for six or seven miles and broken a gut while you cruised along at conversation pace....nice :)

You would have passed me at the end of mile 11*

*I need to cut down on caffeine during the day :D

Sounds like I would have given you a wide berth alright

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

Fantastic blog Yaboya. Unbelievable progress in the last 18 months.

Currently aiming for Sub 3:10 marathon in April myself so you're a great inspiration. Currently using modified P&D 55 plan - doing around 60miles. Plan then is to use P&D 55 to 70 Plan for Autumn Marathon - either Berlin or Amsterdam.

Was very encouraged aswell to see your shorter distance times plummet. :cool:

Keep up the great work! :)

physiopad wrote: »
    Fantastic blog Yaboya. Unbelievable progress in the last 18 months.

Currently aiming for Sub 3:10 marathon in April myself so you're a great inspiration. Currently using modified P&D 55 plan - doing around 60miles. Plan then is to use P&D 55 to 70 Plan for Autumn Marathon - either Berlin or Amsterdam.

Was very encouraged aswell to see your shorter distance times plummet. :cool:

Keep up the great work! :)

Where are you running in April?
    Not Hamburg by any chance?

p.s. 55 miles was the max weekly mileage I hit before Seville last year and I ran 3:08, so you should be well set ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭physiopad

yaboya1 wrote: »

Where are you running in April?
    Not Hamburg by any chance?

p.s. 55 miles was the max weekly mileage I hit before Seville last year and I ran 3:08, so you should be well set ;)

Off to Manchester!

Ya I think 3:10 is a realistic goal although I haven't got any races planned before then & the majority of my training has been at a easy pace so settling on a mara pace will be interesting :D

Sunday 1st March - 165 minutes Easy
    21.5m @ 7:41p/m average (136bpm avg)

This was a horrible experience. Pretty sure it's the worst conditions I've ever run in. Freezing cold, rain, hail, sleet & snow, bar a couple of miles in the middle when it was actually pleasant. Only real runners out there this morning, with most of them even acknowledging my nods, waves & greetings. Mrs FBOT01/Mac was another one out enjoying the beautiful morning and was first to greet me with an enthusiastic "Morning" before I got the chance myself :). Delighted with the run though. A good morning's work. Now off to watch the rugby with a few beers. Come on Ireland!

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7:31
    Mile 2 - 7:32
    Mile 3 - 7:34
    Mile 4 - 7:37
    Mile 5 - 7:45
    Mile 6 - 7:45
    Mile 7 - 7:52
    Mile 8 - 7:48
    Mile 9 - 7:44
    Mile 10 - 7:39
    Mile 11 - 7:36
    Mile 12 - 7:33
    Mile 13 - 7:43
    Mile 14 - 7:47
    Mile 15 - 7:53
    Mile 16 - 7:42
    Mile 17 - 7:43
    Mile 18 - 7:54
    Mile 19 - 7:49
    Mile 20 - 7:39
    Mile 21 - 7:30
    0.5 - 3:42

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah tough going getting a long run in with this weather. Good session though. Hope you recover well for next weekends race.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

The "Real Runners" were out at 8am before the bad weather came in ! ;)

Great run P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

What is the plan regarding the long run between here and the taper?

What is the plan regarding the long run between here and the taper?

Haven't thought about it much tbh. Probably need to have a look over the HADD literature. 3 hour long run to come the week after Bohermeen as far as I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

Sunday 15th February - 135 minutes Easy
    17.49m @ 7:43p/m average (134bpm avg)

Sunday 22nd February - 150 minutes Easy
    19.34m @ 7:46p/m average (137bpm avg)

You obviously have a very strong aerobic base, built from a number of marathon training cycles. I posed that question because maybe consider more specificity in some of your long runs. This is just my opinion (obviously) so discard if you like! :) I'll caveat what I say by mentioning that I have never trained using heart-rate.

So, let's take the previous months long run. The average pace is hovering around the 7.43 per mile. I imagine your goal marathon pace is in the ballpark of 6.4x. While there are obvious benefits in getting time on your feet and building your aerobic base further, I think you should consider more specificity regarding the long run.

This could be as simple as a) running your long run faster b) including more marathon miles (15 easy, 5@PMP etc.) c) progression run (finish strong on tired legs) etc.

Genuinely interested to see your reply. There's many ways to skin a cat and it's always interesting to hear someones approach to training.

Sunday 15th February - 135 minutes Easy
    17.49m @ 7:43p/m average (134bpm avg)

Sunday 22nd February - 150 minutes Easy
    19.34m @ 7:46p/m average (137bpm avg)

You obviously have a very strong aerobic base, built from a number of marathon training cycles. I posed that question because maybe consider more specificity in some of your long runs. This is just my opinion (obviously) so discard if you like! :) I'll caveat what I say by mentioning that I have never trained using heart-rate.

So, let's take the previous months long run. The average pace is hovering around the 7.43 per mile. I imagine your goal marathon pace is in the ballpark of 6.4x. While there are obvious benefits in getting time on your feet and building your aerobic base further, I think you should consider more specificity regarding the long run.

This could be as simple as a) running your long run faster b) including more marathon miles (15 easy, 5@PMP etc.) c) progression run (finish strong on tired legs) etc.

Genuinely interested to see your reply. There's many ways to skin a cat and it's always interesting to hear someones approach to training.

I think you're right tbh and although I haven't had the chance to check yet, I'm pretty confident that once I'm happy with my aerobic base (which I am) I'm supposed to start adding sections like that into my long runs (except at higher HR rather than pace):

e.g. 180 minutes @ <135bpm (with 60 minutes @ 150bpm)

I will look over it this week and make sure I'm ready to go properly after Bohermeen. I'm really encouraged that I could have completed a marathon on Sunday in around 3:20 - 3:25 and it took virtually nothing out of me, but realise there's still plenty of work to be done. I've got 8 weeks to Hamburg from yesterday. I'm hoping that's enough time now to start hitting my MP for longer periods.

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

I think you're right tbh and although I haven't had the chance to check yet, I'm pretty confident that once I'm happy with my aerobic base (which I am) I'm supposed to start adding sections like that into my long runs (except at higher HR rather than pace):

e.g. 180 minutes @ <135bpm (with 60 minutes @ 150bpm)

I will look over it this week and make sure I'm ready to go properly after Bohermeen. I'm really encouraged that I could have completed a marathon on Sunday in around 3:20 - 3:25 and it took virtually nothing out of me, but realise there's still plenty of work to be done. I've got 8 weeks to Hamburg from yesterday. I'm hoping that's enough time now to start hitting my MP for longer periods.

Thanks for the feedback. Always appreciated.

Cudda, shudda, wudda doesn't count when it comes to the marathon, P :D

Had assumed you would have been jumping into P&D 6 week race prep like you did for Berlin. Will be interested to see what HADD race prep phase looks likes in comparison.

Monday 2nd March - 40 minutes Easy
    5.35m @ 7:30p/m average (132bpm avg)

Nice easy one to shake out the legs after yesterday. I managed to get out during the best weather of the day too :).
    Off for another few beers tonight and will do my Steady session tomorrow evening once I'm not feeling any ill effects. Easy running after that until the big race on Sunday.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7:33
    Mile 2 - 7:28
    Mile 3 - 7:26
    Mile 4 - 7:24
    Mile 5 - 7:23
    0.35 - 2:51

Tuesday 3rd March - 75 minutes Steady
    11.19m @ 6:44p/m average (156bpm avg)

Straight out after work for this again. Can't really do anything to avoid the wind. If I take a different route, I'll be affected by traffic which would be even more annoying. Had it helping me, hurting me and crossing me throughout, so the average is probably a good guide. Happy with the effort as I kept it very consistent regardless. Easy miles between now & Sunday. Might throw a few strides in on Friday and take Saturday off.

Splits:

W/u mile - 7:42 (127bpm)

Mile 1 - 6:26
    Mile 2 - 6:27
    Mile 3 - 6:37
    Mile 4 - 6:49
    Mile 5 - 6:41
    Mile 6 - 6:31
    Mile 7 - 6:37
    Mile 8 - 7:03
    Mile 9 - 7:14
    Mile 10 - 6:46
    Mile 11 - 6:50
    0.19 - 1:20

C/d mile - 8:51 (133bpm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Super session P.

You're going into the weekend in good shape

TbL

Wednesday 4th March - 75 minutes Easy
    9.16m @ 8:12p/m average (127bpm avg)

Changed the route home from work up a bit, but it's still all uphill. Nearly made it home while it was still bright for the first time in 2015. Maybe next week? Feeling a bit jaded. Need an early night.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 8:13
    Mile 2 - 8:03
    Mile 3 - 7:59
    Mile 4 - 8:14
    Mile 5 - 8:05
    Mile 6 - 8:14
    Mile 7 - 8:14
    Mile 8 - 8:12
    Mile 9 - 8:21
    0.16 - 1:26

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MKDTH

Any planned rest days before Sunday?

MKDTH wrote: »
    Any planned rest days before Sunday?

Yeah, I'm resting on Saturday. Nothing stressful before then either. Run to work tomorrow, then 4/5 recovery miles with strides on Friday.
    Actually I might take Friday off too. I'll see how I feel.

More time to find some winners for next week! ;)

I was originally thinking of taking the MKDTH approach and taking 4 weeks off before the race, but that didn't work for me in December :pac::pac:

Tbh I'm supposed to take the next two days off and then do 2miles on Saturday which I'm feeling isn't enough runs so was checking up to see what you are doing as I'm already feeling that I'm losing conditioning after only running 10.5 miles over three runs in the last four days!

MKDTH wrote: »
    Tbh I'm supposed to take the next two days off and then do 2miles on Saturday which I'm feeling isn't enough runs so was checking up to see what you are doing as I'm already feeling that I'm losing conditioning after only running 10.5 miles over three runs in the last four days!

I'm trying to decide how to spend this €20 I won't have to pay you :D

• Advertisement

Thursday 5th March - 65 minutes Easy
    8.5m @ 7:39p/m average (131bpm avg)

Running almost the same route at 6:30-7:00am/pm in reverse is a bit mad. Apart from going back downhill, everything else is quite similar (temperature) or the opposite (night turning to light rather than vice versa). Took the SPR this morning which knocked ten minutes off the run. Nice to have it all done and dusted by 7:40.

Splits:

Mile 1 - 7:31
    Mile 2 - 7:31
    Mile 3 - 7:40
    Mile 4 - 7:45
    Mile 5 - 7:47
    Mile 6 - 7:41
    Mile 7 - 7:32
    Mile 8 - 7:39
    0.5 - 3:55

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow P, my dark horse for the money. Hope you get the time you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

All the best for tomorrow P, will see you down there. I think you're set for a strong one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Best of luck tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Have a great run tomorrow P!

• Advertisement

Kick ass P :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

All the best, P. Run well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Best of luck tomorrow. Think you could be pretty close to winning the sweeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Go on, Yaboya!! Hope you have a great day tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Netwerk_Errer

Best of luck in the morning lad!

Good luck tomorrow. Have a good one and ENJOY!!

Thanks all.

Let's do this!

Sunday 8th March - Bohermeen Half-Marathon (1:21:37)
    13.2m @ 6:12p/m average

Tough day out there with the breeze and the hills. More than a minute off my pb, but happy enough in the circumstances.

Splits

Mile 1 - 5:52
    Mile 2 - 6:22
    Mile 3 - 6:12
    Mile 4 - 6:15
    Mile 5 - 6:10
    Mile 6 - 6:16
    Mile 7 - 6:19
    Mile 8 - 6:09
    Mile 9 - 6:07
    Mile 10 - 6:07
    Mile 11 - 6:16
    Mile 12 - 6:21
    Mile 13 - 6:13
    0.2 - 1:06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Well done P, thats still great running, fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭paddybarry

Sunday 8th March - Bohermeen Half-Marathon (1:21:37)
    13.2m @ 6:12p/m average

Tough day out there with the breeze and the hills. More than a minute off my pb, but happy enough in the circumstances.

Splits

Mile 1 - 5:52
    Mile 2 - 6:22
    Mile 3 - 6:12
    Mile 4 - 6:15
    Mile 5 - 6:10
    Mile 6 - 6:16
    Mile 7 - 6:19
    Mile 8 - 6:09
    Mile 9 - 6:07
    Mile 10 - 6:07
    Mile 11 - 6:16
    Mile 12 - 6:21
    Mile 13 - 6:13
    0.2 - 1:06
    Great result, you are not that long back into consistent training. Well done.

• Advertisement

You mean a minute slower than your PB or you took a minute off your PB? Either way, great run.

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    You mean a minute slower than your PB or you took a minute off your PB? Either way, great run.

Pb is 1:20:17, so around 80 seconds slower. Not easy out there though. I'm not as happy as I would be with a pb, but not disappointed either if that makes sense?

Pb is 1:20:17, so around 80 seconds slower. Not easy out there though. I'm not as happy as I would be with a pb, but not disappointed either if that makes sense?
    Ah good. I thought you were complaining after taking a minute off :confused: yeah, it makes sense especially if the conditions and wind were tough. Well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Great result yaboya - heard it was very windy out there today. Nice one.

Good running, P. Chat soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice going there P - wind didn't play ball for a fair bit of the 10k route so I can only imagine it was the same or worse for the half. Really impressive run

Good running, P, glad you are happy with the result.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

Well done P great running.

Mrs Mc wrote: »
    Well done P great running.

How did you get on today Mrs Mc??? (Sorry for hijacking the thread, P)

• Advertisement

I'd heard good reviews about this race and wanted to fit a half-marathon in during March, which should allow me sufficient time to recover for Hamburg. I was tempted by Mullingar on St Patrick's Day, but in the end decided to come here instead.

Pre-Race

I've hit some decent weekly mileage lately despite some constraints on my time. Was feeling a bit jaded during the week, so took both Friday & Saturday as rest days. Woke up after a good night's sleep this morning feeling like I wouldn't have any excuses. Whatever I ran today would be as fast as I am at the moment. PB pace is around 6:10min/mile so I was hoping to go out at that speed and hold on as long as possible. Calvin Johnson did the driving today with myself & MKDTH the passengers. We got down there in plenty of time, spotting Duanington jogging down to the start of the 10k as we drove in. Collected my t-shirt, got a final toilet stop in and jogged down to the start with about five minutes to spare.

The Race

I noticed when I got down there that the 1:30 pacers were very far up the field. Only about five rows from the front. I knew I had to start in front on these as a crowd was likely to congregate around them early and prevent me moving on as I wished. I climbed in and out of ditches on the side of the road until I was in front of them and ready to go. The gun went and I was off. Martin Fagan appeared out of a ditch on my right to get to the front just before we passed under the gantry having possibly encountered the same problems as me. Wasn't long before he was out of sight!

Miles 1-2 (5:52, 6:22)

I sprinted the first hundred yards or so to rid myself of the usual annoying people who start way too far up. After about 200 yards I looked up and I was almost clipping Pauline Curley's heels. I could see TRR's head towering over the group ahead twenty yards in front of me and thought to myself: "I'm going a bit too quick here". A glance at the watch confirmed my suspicions, 5:27! I immediately eased off, but the first mile is probably the quickest you run all day as is mostly downhill with the wind. About half a mile in I checked the watch again to see it still showing 5:33. I've got to slow down! Really tried to relax without being ridiculous and it gradually crept closer to six minutes. Next time I looked it was 5:47 and it beeped just below 5:52. I knew this might come back and bite me in the ass later on, but there was no point in worrying about it now. Just stay comfortable. aero2k passed me at this point. I never said anything as I was already conscious of wasting energy unnecessarily. This mile was a complete contrast to the first, with a headwind and a bit of a drag. I barely checked the pace for the duration and was happy enough with 6:22 when that one passed. Still early enough to do a bit of maths, calculating that I had a few seconds in hand. Long way to go though.

Mile 3 (6:12)

Having said to the lads in the car that I expected a high standard in this race meaning I wouldn't be isolated like I so often am, I began the third mile with only one guy in a Donore singlet (I think?) keeping me company. Already I could feel the wind hurting me badly and I dropped in behind him as he appeared to be moving at my pace. I really struggled through this mile and I remember tunguska passing me somewhere here too. Again I said nothing with the thoughts of that first mile still having me paranoid about getting the trip. Even at this early stage the mental battles were commencing: 'Barely on pace, uncomfortable and not even 25% of the way there. No chance of a good time.' I knew there were more difficult miles to come too. I wasn't relishing them.

Miles 4-11 (6:15, 6:10, 6:16, 6:19, 6:09, 6:07, 6:07, 6:16)

Just as I really felt things were really working against me, some people appeared from behind. I was swamped as they moved by and about five yards ahead of me. I realised this was more to me slowing than them accelerating. I picked up the pace and latched on to the back of them. After about half a mile tagging onto the group, I checked the pace and saw they were moving at almost exactly my target speed. I also realised that my inner turmoil had suddenly disappeared. The focus on staying with the group had vanquished the negative thoughts. It also seemed far more comfortable than it had done on my own. Decided to stick with these unless the pace started to slow considerably as it was much more manageable than trying to plough a lone furrow. The guy I mentioned earlier in the Donore singlet had vanished at this stage, probably suffering badly from his lone crusade in Mile 3. Miles ticked by nicely here. Not that they weren't tough, but I felt I was part of a team. I never spoke a word to anybody but it felt like we were all in it together. About 10-11 in total. All men bar one lady (who at the time was 3rd female). We cruised on the flat, battled up the hills slowing slightly but we always seemed to claw it back. I was barely checking the watch at this stage. I felt I could trust these people to bring me home. As we passed water stations, the group leaders grabbed bottles and offered them around when they had taken what they required themselves. The hills were difficult, the wind was punishing and I was really struggling to hang on a lot of the time. But I always felt if I slowed, it would be far more difficult to get home alone. So I made the extra effort each time, hanging on for dear life and praying for the next stretch where I could take a breather. Just after the seven mile pole we took the left that brings you out onto the second lap. One of the guys in the group's coach cycled up alongside and pointed out a girl in a Mullingar singlet about 100 yards ahead. "That's the second lady. I want you to beat her. That's what you've got to focus on from now on in." I decided that's what I was going to do too. I harboured no ambitions of accelerating, but felt if I kept her in sight I'd run a good time even if I didn't catch her. The group continued along the rolling route taking the bridge over the motorway before dropping down towards the bottom of the two mile plus hill we had left to the finish. I had been dreading this on the first lap and I didn't feel any different as I approached it for the final time.

Miles 12-Finish (6:21, 6:13, 1:05)

As we moved towards the bottom of the final punishing stretch I noticed the girl in the Mullingar singlet was backpedaling. She had been running very strongly up to now, but appeared to be running out of gas. The girl in my group seemed to be the opposite. She obviously smelt blood and put in a spurt to move herself up to second lady. We passed the Mullingar girl right as we turned up the hill. The group quickly started to disintegrate. Some powered on, some fell off. Myself, three other lads and the girl were left to battle up the hill. The crowds screamed for us to 'bring her home'. I thought 'F*ck that. I'm bringing myself home' :p
    I put everything I had left into distancing myself from these people who had been so good to me up to now. I really am a selfish bast*rd!!
    I felt a gap opening up and now that I was alone, started to get cheers for myself. But I was f*cked. A look at the watch told me I still had the guts of a mile left to run. I had nothing left, but sheer stubborness meant I couldn't allow them to get back by me. I quickly picked out some runners ahead and tried to focus on catching them. It was a lost cause. I just couldn't get myself to accelerate any more, but it did keep my mind off the pain and although I never got them, I made ground meaning I held off the few 'friends' I had deserted. Happy enough to pass under the clock around 1:21:40.

Official Time: 1:21:37

Garmin data: https://connect.garmin.com/activity/714373726

Post-Race

I spotted aero2k bent over a railing as I crossed the finish line and he was unable to communicate with me when I went over to speak to him. I remember feeling exactly the same after the Jingle Bells. At least no one can accuse you of sandbagging S! :)
    Met a plethora of boardsies after the race, most of whom put in respectable performances with special mention to laura_ac3 who annihilated the handicap. I would say a good day overall, other than the fact that I'm now €40 poorer at the beginning of Cheltenham week due to a double or quits bet with MKDTH :p. Not to worry, I'll get it back when Top Notch wins the Triumph on Friday (around 10/1. Get on!).

Thoughts

On the race itself, I thought it was pretty faultless bar one thing. When you turn off the main N51 to climb over the motorway, the road is open to traffic coming in both directions. This seemed extremely dangerous. As I mentioned, I was running in a group of 10/11 and we got very tight for space. I can only imagine what it was like in one of the pace groups. Will it take an accident to get this looked at?

Regarding my own performance, I'm pretty pleased considering how fit I actually was when I ran my HM pb in Longford last August. McMillan predicts a 2:51 marathon off this. I feel my current training has improved me aerobically and is definitely geared towards the longer stuff, which can only be a good thing with Hamburg in mind. I would have loved a pb today, but if you gave me a choice between a pb today or 2:51 marathon next month I think you know which one I'd prefer. Speaking of Hamburg, that's likely to be my next race. Seven weeks to go!

Advertisement