Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Slow Journey to Faster Times

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

yaboya1 wrote: »
    No real thinking behind it tbh. Just trying to get some longer runs in on days I'm off (like today). Tomorrow I'm not going to get to run at all, so I like to think I'm making the most of the opportunities I get atm. I'll have a more detailed look at the HADD stuff again once we hit December.

Grand. It was just a curiosity question. It is early days in your return to glory so remember easy does it. Catch up after Waterford for a few miles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Saturday 28th November - 50 minutes Easy
    50 minutes @ 124bpm avg

Compulsory rest day yesterday, and felt much better for it today. Lovely run home this evening. Another easy one into work tomorrow to round off the week.

Sunday 29th November - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 127bpm avg

The second last day of November. A cold, dark and wet morning. I noticed another runner travelling in the opposite direction as I passed through Cabra. At 7am on a Sunday in the conditions mentioned I think we both thought exactly the same of each other (He's fcking mad too!). In recognition of this fact, we gave each other a wave in perfect synchronicity. It was a beautiful moment :).

Monday 30th November - 55 minutes Easy
    55 minutes @ 126bpm avg

Took a day off without taking a day off, dublin runner style. 36 hours between my runs yesterday & today. Route a bit longer tonight due to traffic, as I don't like to stop. Perfect conditions out there.

So that's November wrapped up. Need to start getting back to Steady running soon. Won't be in the next 2 days though due to work.

Tuesday 1st December - 105 minutes Easy
    105 minutes @ 129bpm avg

Got out nice and early today, so stretched the jog home out a bit. Will get a short easy one in again on the way to work tomorrow morning. Might see my friend in Cabra again :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

I have a 'canal friend' that I meet a few times a week during lunchtime. Really threw me when I saw him nearer work last Friday 'with his clothes on' :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Just been browsing through your log yaboya1. Inspirational stuff. Really honest and epic race reports of both good and bad days!

neilc wrote: »
    Just been browsing through your log yaboya1. Inspirational stuff. Really honest and epic race reports of both good and bad days!

Thanks a lot :)

You've given me an idea now.
    Maybe I should read back over it myself for some inspiration?
    It is almost 15 months now since I ran a pb of any significance :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Notwork Error

Thanks a lot :)

You've given me an idea now.
    Maybe I should read back over it myself for some inspiration?
    It is almost 15 months now since I ran a pb of any significance :eek:

Same, it's not a nice feeling to go that long. I'd definitely read back on it, I skim through mine almost constantly to see what I was doing and how I reacted to it, good, bad or indifferent. A log has so much value in that way and I think that's what it's best use is and where you learn from it. Obviously, it's a bit more difficult the more posts it has but it would definitely be worth it to go back through it.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 2nd December - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 126bpm avg

Leisurely trot into work. No sign of my Cabra buddy this morning. I was jogging along at easy pace, yet beat the 122 bus from Carnlough Road to Dorset Street. When I got to the crossroads it wasn't even in sight behind me. This wasn't rush hour either, it was 7am! Public transport in Dublin. What a joke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I haven't had a pb, apart from at marathon distance, for 2.5 years. I have a good idea why, though, and the plan is to put that right over the next few months.

davedanon wrote: »
    I haven't had a pb, apart from at marathon distance, for 2.5 years. I have a good idea why, though, and the plan is to put that right over the next few months.

I have a fair idea why in relation to myself too. I'll reveal the answer when I start pb'ing again :pac:

I have a fair idea why in relation to myself too. I'll reveal the answer when I start pb'ing again :pac:

Should we all be putting our answers in a sealed envelop and opening them together :)

Thursday 3rd December - HADD 200/200 Session
    13k @ 153bpm avg

It's about time I did something more strenuous since I've almost completed a month of base-building/easy running.
    I decided to go with the below HADD Session:

"I call this 200/200 or 200-fartlek. It is done on a track and involves 200m @ approx 5k pace followed by 200m easy and continues without stopping for 25 laps (10,000m). The point is NOT to do the overall 10k in the fastest possible time (by slowing up the fast bits and speeding up the slow bits), but to maintain a healthy differential of approx 15 secs or more between the fast/slow 200s. Something like 40s and 55secs or 43s/60s"

I've actually been dying to have a go at this for a long time, but haven't got around to it for various reasons. The original plan was to head down to the track in Irishtown mid-morning and manually hit the lap button every 200m. However, the weather was just so horrible that I put it off until it cleared up this evening. Obviously that meant running clubs using any available tracks, so I stuck to the local footpath knowing that it wasn't flooded (compared to most of Dublin) and I wouldn't be disrupted by large puddles mid-session. I knew it would be pretty boring, but hoped that concentrating on the pace each 200m would lessen the monotony. I hadn't intended wearing a HRM, but having seen the two I have were giving identical readings this afternoon (while messing around with them to appease my boredom), I decided to give the Garmin another go. It's actually fairly new as I've barely used it since they replaced the old one for me last year. Going by the results the HRM seems to be fine. I'm pretty pleased with my execution of the session too, especially since it was my first attempt at it. Great to be running a bit faster again :). It's one hell of a good workout though. Much more difficult than it looks on paper. Highly recommended.

*My 5k pb is 17:15. That's 200m splits of 41/42 seconds. I thought keeping the the fast sections around 40-45secs and the slower ones 55-60secs would be satisfactory. I almost managed it.*

Splits:

1k w/u - 5:19

200/200

1 - 42/59
    2 - 43/58
    3 - 44/57
    4 - 43/55
    5 - 43/58
    6 - 43/59
    7 - 43/59
    8 - 42/60
    9 - 41/58
    10 - 43/56
    11 - 43/57
    12 - 43/57
    13 - 43/60
    14 - 43/61
    15 - 44/61
    16 - 43/60
    17 - 43/60
    18 - 43/60
    19 - 42/59
    20 - 43/57
    21 - 42/58
    22 - 42/55
    23 - 46/57
    24 - 42/62
    25 - 42/57

10k in 42:09

2k c/d - 10:42

Garmin link: https://connect.garmin.com/activity/973764059

I'm really happy with the HR data on this. The graph tells me I ran it exactly as I was supposed to :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

I love graphs and those pace and HR ones are great! Well done.

• Advertisement

Friday 4th December - 40 minutes Easy
    40 minutes @ 127bpm avg

Left the car into the garage for repair and jogged home. I'm going out later, so tomorrow's workout depends on how bad tonight is :pac:. I'm taking a rest day on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

I'm just looking into Hadd and have been reading the 2014 entries in this log

I've heard about these 200m sessions but have no context. Where do they fit in ? They don't seem to have a place in the base training scheme where subtempo/"steady" are the main sessions.

I assume post NY you are back re building base mileage again ?

pgmcpq wrote: »
    I'm just looking into Hadd and have been reading the 2014 entries in this log

I've heard about these 200m sessions but have no context. Where do they fit in ? They don't seem to have a place in the base training scheme where subtempo/"steady" are the main sessions.

I assume post NY you are back re building base mileage again ?

I think you sub them in for one of the Steady sessions every so often, same way as you do the 2400m test.

I'm just trying to gradually increase my mileage at the moment, but that's the first run I've done above easy pace for a long time. Might get back to the Steady stuff next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Jaysus, that's some consistency. I was thinking you were mad doing this anywhere but a track but looking at your garmin data that looks like a quiet enough spot alright. Nice going. I assume it was probably just a couple of inconsiderate pedestrians who screwed up your perfect numbers on reps 23 and 24. Nice work.

Sunday 6th December - 150 minutes Easy
    150 minutes @ 131bpm avg

Circumstances beyond my control saw me have to take my rest day yesterday rather than today. It worked out better though, as I got a longer one in this afternoon instead. Didn't feel I was slowing at all towards the end, compared to the way I have been on recent runs of a similar duration.

• Advertisement

Monday 7th December - 35 minutes Recovery
    35 minutes @ 119bpm avg

Putting this off all day as it wasn't very nice out and I just wasn't feeling the love. Finally dragged myself out the door in the last hour to try loosen out a few of my stiff muscles from yesterday.

Wednesday 9th December - 50 minutes Easy
    50 minutes @ 132bpm avg

Horrible evening outside. I got battered by the wind and rain, but delighted to get it done. Pretty poor start to the week overall with Monday's slog and nothing at all yesterday due to an unexpectedly long day in work. Have some time to kill tomorrow though, so I'll either do a long one or a Steady session.

Thursday 10th December - 180 minutes Easy
    180 minutes @ 134bpm avg

A little chilly, but an otherwise perfect day outside. Enjoyed looping around the plains in the park amongst the deer.

Thursday 10th December - 180 minutes Easy
    180 minutes @ 134bpm avg

A little chilly, but an otherwise perfect day outside. Enjoyed looping around the plains in the park amongst the deer.

Have you dumped the garmin altogether for these easy runs? Would be interesting to see what kind of pace you are running for them?

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Have you dumped the garmin altogether for these easy runs? Would be interesting to see what kind of pace you are running for them?

I had dumped it up until last week, but I've since got a new 225 and have HR & pace for yesterday & today. Both circa 9min/mile pace. Was going to post something longer today, but I decided to leave it for a few days. However, I may need to explain myself sooner now.....

I had dumped it up until last week, but I've since got a new 225 and have HR & pace for yesterday & today. Both circa 9min/mile pace. Was going to post something longer today, but I decided to leave it for a few days. However, I may need to explain myself sooner now.....

I'll await the explanation so :)

So I've been thinking......

I had already looked back on my log before it was suggested by NE last week, but did so again to see what exactly I'd done right in previous cycles.

One thing I noticed about my Seville training in particular was that my easy/long run pace was very close to 9:00min/mile pace all the way through. However, on the day of the race I had no problem holding 7:00min/mile pace with ease until I got a stitch very late. I was running the the easy days very easy, which was obviously allowing me to recover well from the sessions I was running hard. This is something I felt I really needed to start focusing on again.

It was something I already knew, but hadn't adhered to before New York. Even though my overall training for that race was pretty deplorable, running the longer runs at 7:30ish pace was a terrible idea considering I wasn't fit and I was badly found out on the day. You expect as much in the marathon when every possible weakness gets exposed. If the truth be told, I completely gave up in the last third of that race when my lack of preparation really started to show. It's the first time I've ever done that in any race and will be the last as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I'm getting off the point. Basically I'm pretty unfit at the moment and need to allow for that in training. So although 'Easy' pace may end up down around 8min/mile or less when my fitness improves, at the moment it's around 9min/mile. Once I continue to let my HR guide my pace on these runs, I'm in no danger of going too fast (which is important). My easy HR is 135bpm or below, so all I need to do is stay below that.

Now for the hard stuff. I had intended following the HADD system, with two Steady runs a week to supplement the easy days. However, the problem I find with HR training is that it can badly be affected by external conditions. Last night I think I hit 156bpm at one point running around 9min/mile when I encountered a strong headwind. I never felt I increased the effort at any time. Nights like that are not uncommon during the winter, so it's possible I could run all my Steady sessions without any of them being at MP due to our weather. That wouldn't leave me very confident going to Boston.

So (if you're still reading), bearing all that in mind I've come up with what I think is a solid alternative:

Jack Daniels Plan A

- 2 quality sessions a week as prescribed
    - All other miles done at Easy HR

It's a 24 week plan. We've got 18 to go from Monday, but it seems I've been pretty much following the first six weeks of it without realising (mostly easy aerobic running 30+mins per day). So I think the above is the approach I'm going to take.

Happy to hear any thoughts/feedback/opinions*

*which I'll probably ignore as I've 99% made up my mind :D

Dont have the expertise to offer anything other than, sounds good, good luck with it. This comparison chart suggests you've made a good decision.

Let the fun begin!

So I've been thinking......

I had already looked back on my log before it was suggested by NE last week, but did so again to see what exactly I'd done right in previous cycles.

One thing I noticed about my Seville training in particular was that my easy/long run pace was very close to 9:00min/mile pace all the way through. However, on the day of the race I had no problem holding 7:00min/mile pace with ease until I got a stitch very late. I was running the the easy days very easy, which was obviously allowing me to recover well from the sessions I was running hard. This is something I felt I really needed to start focusing on again.

It was something I already knew, but hadn't adhered to before New York. Even though my overall training for that race was pretty deplorable, running the longer runs at 7:30ish pace was a terrible idea considering I wasn't fit and I was badly found out on the day. You expect as much in the marathon when every possible weakness gets exposed. If the truth be told, I completely gave up in the last third of that race when my lack of preparation really started to show. It's the first time I've ever done that in any race and will be the last as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, I'm getting off the point. Basically I'm pretty unfit at the moment and need to allow for that in training. So although 'Easy' pace may end up down around 8min/mile or less when my fitness improves, at the moment it's around 9min/mile. Once I continue to let my HR guide my pace on these runs, I'm in no danger of going too fast (which is important). My easy HR is 135bpm or below, so all I need to do is stay below that.

Now for the hard stuff. I had intended following the HADD system, with two Steady runs a week to supplement the easy days. However, the problem I find with HR training is that it can badly be affected by external conditions. Last night I think I hit 156bpm at one point running around 9min/mile when I encountered a strong headwind. I never felt I increased the effort at any time. Nights like that are not uncommon during the winter, so it's possible I could run all my Steady sessions without any of them being at MP due to our weather. That wouldn't leave me very confident going to Boston.

So (if you're still reading), bearing all that in mind I've come up with what I think is a solid alternative:

Jack Daniels Plan A

- 2 quality sessions a week as prescribed
    - All other miles done at Easy HR

It's a 24 week plan. We've got 18 to go from Monday, but it seems I've been pretty much following the first six weeks of it without realising (mostly easy aerobic running 30+mins per day). So I think the above is the approach I'm going to take.

Happy to hear any thoughts/feedback/opinions*

*which I'll probably ignore as I've 99% made up my mind :D

Sounds like a pretty reasonable approach to me. It will be key that you get back to a consistent level of training and a regular pattern of training. The 2 sessions a week plus easy miles should give you plenty of flexibility to work around. Have you got a view/target on what weekly mileage you will be running or are you going to base weekly load around time on your feet?

Might end up on a similar path myself if I ever get around to reading the JD Book.
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Dont have the expertise to offer anything other than, sounds good, good luck with it. This comparison chart suggests you've made a good decision.

Let the fun begin!

Interesting piece, D. That is my bedtime reading sorted for tomorrow night. Cheers.

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Sounds like a pretty reasonable approach to me. It will be key that you get back to a consistent level of training and a regular pattern of training. The 2 sessions a week plus easy miles should give you plenty of flexibility to work around. Have you got a view/target on what weekly mileage you will be running or are you going to base weekly load around time on your feet?

I'll probably decide on a peak mileage of 70-80mpw.

• Advertisement

Friday 11th December - 50 minutes Easy
    50 minutes @ 126bpm avg

Nice little shake out after yesterday. Average pace was 8:38min/mile. This journey is mostly downhill & downwind though, so would be a little faster than most other runs at this HR.

Sunday 13th December - 50 minutes Easy
    50 minutes @ 127bpm avg

Planned rest day yesterday after a late night out on Friday. Back up early this morning for this one into work. My body must definitely feel the benefit of a rest, as I always seem to run faster than I usually would at a given HR the day after. Average pace was 8:16min/mile today. Happy enough with the week overall considering Monday & Tuesday were basically a write off. It's probably my worst week since the NYC Marathon and I still hit more than 40 miles.

Monday 14th December - JD Q2 Workout
    8 x 4 minutes @ 5k pace

Today is what I was referring to when I mentioned HR being skewed because of the extra effort in bad weather. Horrible day!

Anyway I decided to have a go at the session above this evening. I don't think it matters which order you do Q1/Q2 once you do both in the same week.

Looks pretty harmless on paper (Sets of 4min 'hard' intervals with 3min recovery jogs to total 10k or 8% of weekly mileage (whichever is less)). However when you look more closely and work it out, it's actually the equivalent to the 1000/1200m VO2max sessions in the P&D plan. Except rather than 5/6 reps, there was 8!

I'm going to plump for a peak mileage week of 75 miles. This week is prescribed to be 0.8 of that (60). Reps today to total the lesser of 10k/8%, so 4.8 miles. I decided on 8 reps as I wasn't sure what the pace would be and 7 may not be enough to cover the required distance. Plan was to go out at a pace I felt I could complete all 8 reps in, and only look at watch after a few minutes to see what that was.

Results below:

Warm up (2 miles) - 16:32 (8:16p/m avg)

Rep 1 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 2 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 3 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 4 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 5 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 6 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 7 - 0.66m (6:04p/m pace)
    Rep 8 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)

Cool down (2 miles) - 17:16 (8:38p/m avg)

Total miles (including recoveries): 11.09

Pretty happy with the results considering I'm way off full fitness. Would hope to be hitting 5:30ish pace on these type of workouts when my fitness improves, but it's a start I suppose. The weather today didn't help either. Brought back memories of getting battered by the wind & rain along the Clontarf promenade while training for Seville.

p.s. I walked most of the recoveries. I thought it was less important to jog those than it was to hit the interval paces. Looking forward to them was one of the things that helped me hit the required pace in the first place :)
    My HR hit 181bpm during the session. I'm fairly sure my max is 183, so I think I got the effort about right.

Monday 14th December - JD Q2 Workout
    8 x 4 minutes @ 5k pace

Today is what I was referring to when I mentioned HR being skewed because of the extra effort in bad weather. Horrible day!

Anyway I decided to have a go at the session above this evening. I don't think it matters which order you do Q1/Q2 once you do both in the same week.

Looks pretty harmless on paper (Sets of 4min 'hard' intervals with 3min recovery jogs to total 10k or 8% of weekly mileage (whichever is less)). However when you look more closely and work it out, it's actually the equivalent to the 1000/1200m VO2max sessions in the P&D plan. Except rather than 5/6 reps, there was 8!

I'm going to plump for a peak mileage week of 75 miles. This week is prescribed to be 0.8 of that (60). Reps today to total the lesser of 10k/8%, so 4.8 miles. I decided on 8 reps as I wasn't sure what the pace would be and 7 may not be enough to cover the required distance. Plan was to go out at a pace I felt I could complete all 8 reps in, and only look at watch after a few minutes to see what that was.

Results below:

Warm up (2 miles) - 16:32 (8:16p/m avg)

Rep 1 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 2 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 3 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 4 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 5 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 6 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)
    Rep 7 - 0.66m (6:04p/m pace)
    Rep 8 - 0.65m (6:09p/m pace)

Cool down (2 miles) - 17:16 (8:38p/m avg)

Total miles (including recoveries): 11.09

Pretty happy with the results considering I'm way off full fitness. Would hope to be hitting 5:30ish pace on these type of workouts when my fitness improves, but it's a start I suppose. The weather today didn't help either. Brought back memories of getting battered by the wind & rain along the Clontarf promenade while training for Seville.

p.s. I walked most of the recoveries. I thought it was less important to jog those than it was to hit the interval paces. Looking forward to them was one of the things that helped me hit the required pace in the first place :)
    My HR hit 181bpm during the session. I'm fairly sure my max is 183, so I think I got the effort about right.

Jaysus and I haven't even read the book yet :eek:

Nice going, P. Good solid start!

Nice.

Tuesday 15th December (A.M.) - 60 minutes Easy
    60 minutes @ 130bpm avg

Extended the run into work to make it 7 miles. Will get another easy one this evening. The smell of freshly baked bread wafting through the air as you pass through the streets at that hour of the morning almost makes it worth getting up so early. Almost.

Tuesday 15th December (P.M.) - 65 minutes Easy
    65 minutes @ 129bpm avg

Five minutes and half a mile longer than this morning. 14.5m for the day.

Wednesday 16th December (A.M.) - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 127bpm avg

Doing these before 6am now, in December!
    Am I mad?
    8:27p/m pace. Will get out again after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Am I mad?

Probably ......goes hand in hand with good training I would have thought though :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Wednesday 16th December (A.M.) - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 127bpm avg

Am I mad?

Your an adult who, for fun, goes out in the depths of winter wearing shorts and t shirts, spends hundreds of euro on travel and race entries a year and spends a disproportionate amount of time discussing it with strangers online.

Of course your mad but your not alone :D

Wednesday 16th December (P.M.) - JD Q1 Workout
    120 minutes @ 132bpm avg

Straight out after work for this. 8:38p/m average pace. Last few were slower as I was climbing, so I'm not too worried about those. 19.33m in total today & almost 45 of the 60 required for the week. I'll do easy runs of 5/6 miles in three of the next four days along with a rest day which I feel is important to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Terry049

Wednesday 16th December (P.M.) - JD Q1 Workout
    120 minutes @ 132bpm avg

Straight out after work for this. 8:38p/m average pace. Last few were slower as I was climbing, so I'm not too worried about those. 19.33m in total today & almost 45 of the 60 required for the week. I'll do easy runs of 5/6 miles in three of the next four days along with a rest day which I feel is important to me.

Hi Yaboya, good luck with your new plan and next block of training. Think its a good approach,2 quality session etc. Near 20 miles seems very long for week 1 of a plan. Is this the 2nd quality session? I would of expected the 2nd to be a tempo run or some other type of speed session. Just a thought but I'm not overly familiar with Daniels so could be completely wrong!! Hope your getting your Mojo back!!

Hi Terry
    Terry049 wrote: »
    Hi Yaboya, good luck with your new plan and next block of training.

Thanks
    Think its a good approach,2 , session etc. !! Near 20 miles seems very long for week 1 of a plan.

Its actually Week 7 of a 24 week plan, but the first 6 are just easy running which I'd been following without realising. Yesterday evening's run was 2 hours easy or 25% of the weeks mileage (whichever was less). That ended up being 14m. I also ran yesterday morning, so it was 19.33m in total rather than in one go.
    Is this the 2nd quality session? I would of expected the 2nd to be a tempo run or some other type of speed session. Just a thought but I'm not overly familiar with Daniels so could be completely wrong!!

I think the quality sessions get more intense later in the plan (I haven't looked that far ahead), but for the moment the two I've done this week are what's prescribed. From what I remember, next week looks pretty similar.
    Hope your getting your Mojo back!!

I think I'm getting there..... :)

Hi Terry

Thanks

Its actually Week 7 of a 24 week plan, but the first 6 are just easy running which I'd been following without realising. Yesterday evening's run was 2 hours easy or 25% of the weeks mileage (whichever was less). That ended up being 14m. I also ran yesterday morning, so it was 19.33m in total rather than in one go.

I think the quality sessions get more intense later in the plan (I haven't looked that far ahead), but for the moment the two I've done this week are what's prescribed. From what I remember, next week looks pretty similar.

All the best and Il see you in 2016 at some race I'm sure!!

Hi Terry

Thanks

All the best and Il see you in 2016 at some race I'm sure!!

• Advertisement

Friday 18th December - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 128bpm avg

Took my rest day yesterday ahead of last night's Xmas party. A bit tender today, but not bad enough to stop me running home from work. Really mild out there at 10pm. Like a summers evening. 8:38p/m again. Pace getting pretty consistent on my easy runs. Nice jog around St Anne's planned for the morning :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Friday 18th December - 45 minutes Easy
    45 minutes @ 128bpm avg

Took my rest day yesterday ahead of last night's Xmas party. A bit tender today, but not bad enough to stop me running home from work. Really mild out there at 10pm. Like a summers evening. 8:38p/m again. Pace getting pretty consistent on my easy runs. Nice jog around St Anne's planned for the morning :)

are you on pacing duty tomorrow or getting involved in the smackdown??? see you there!

annapr wrote: »
    are you on pacing duty tomorrow or getting involved in the smackdown??? see you there!

Both. I'm helping to pace the smackdown candidates :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Both. I'm helping to pace the smackdown candidates :D

aha, so you're the backup? hope you get the timing right this time.... :pac:

Saturday 19th December (A.M.) - St Anne's parkrun pacing (21mins)
    5k in 20:55 @ 155bpm avg

Gave FBOT01 some back up with the pacing gig this morning. We were steady throughout and can't be blamed for failing to get anyone over the line. You'll just have to train harder next time! :D
    Meant to run a couple of warm-up/cool-down miles, but as is the case at most races/timed runs I did neither.

Saturday 19th December (P.M.) - 35 minutes Easy
    35 minutes @ 129bpm avg

The three odd miles I ran this morning just weren't enough for me, so I jumped back out this evening before it got dark. Pace was 8:06p/m, which is quicker than my most recent easy pace, but the effort was right so I'm happy :)
    Three miles tomorrow to hit the weekly target. I'll probably do five or six.

• Advertisement
Advertisement