Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Hey guys/girls,, after recently coming out of one of the Governments momentum schemes with FIT.ie (after an awful experience) I got excepted onto a Comptia Network+ course run through FAS.

Its a full time course,13 weeks study with some practical and the last 4 weeks we need to find work experience. I'm a bit confused as to where to look. I am in the cork area and the work experience is to be funded by FAS... any help at all would be apprecaited...

@ the mods, my apologies if this is in the wrong section or even not appropraite, but i am interested to see the views of members regardless if they can help or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

You could also post in the Cork sub Forum Here
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StellaC

I am a mature student currently doing a Cloud Computing course in my local Community College. I am really enjoying learning about html, desk top publishing etc. One of the modules is work experience, for this I need to do a 2 wk work placement or I could do 10 fridays. I have over 30 yrs experience so I haven't applied for work for many years so its hard to compete with 15 yr old transition yr students. Where do I start any ideas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 petiepie

Hvae to say I ve just finished a FAS/FIT course, they were great until it came to work experience, kept promising us places and didn't do a tap to help when it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 petiepie

STEINBERG wrote: »
    Hey guys/girls,, after recently coming out of one of the Governments momentum schemes with FIT.ie (after an awful experience) I got excepted onto a Comptia Network+ course run through FAS.

Its a full time course,13 weeks study with some practical and the last 4 weeks we need to find work experience. I'm a bit confused as to where to look. I am in the cork area and the work experience is to be funded by FAS... any help at all would be apprecaited...

@ the mods, my apologies if this is in the wrong section or even not appropraite, but i am interested to see the views of members regardless if they can help or not.

FIT are some shower of chancers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement