Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spayed bitch still humping?

• 02-11-2013 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

my 4 year old female is humping my male the last 2 day and rubbing off peoples legs when they visit..the thing is she was spayed in April and has never had a litter, did the spay work?could she be in heat?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I've had numerous spayed females who hump other dogs, it's nothing to do with hormones, seems to be more play/domination.

I'd not worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭meisha

thanks :) its just lately she had never done it before :rolleyes: little minx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

meisha wrote: »
    thanks :) its just lately she had never done it before :rolleyes: little minx

What age is the dog she is harassing?

hes almost 8 I had him before her so she does try to boss him around :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

My female collie humps my female lab when shes trying to boss her...its a control thing with her:-)

edit to add both spayed

• Advertisement

thats a relief :cool: the thoughts of all that again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

My lady humps my boys - all have been neutered. If one of the boys gets bold and attempts to mount her, they get put in their place pretty quick!

Advertisement