Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFT Rigel control panel - hold open

Options
  • 02-11-2013 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭

We got electric gates fitted a few months ago. The gates are working great - they are a godsend with an adventurous 2 year old in the house!
    When they were installed, I was told that there was no 'hold open' facility with them. I have looked at the manual for the control panel and there are connections for a hold lock on it - the panel is a BFT Rigel 5. The telecom handset is a Comelit style, and has a spare button.

From looking at the manuals, if I connect the spare button on the intercom to the two pins on the control unit, I should be able to lock the gate in the open position. It seems fairly straightforward, is there something I am missing here? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement