Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cme uf80 keyboard midi help?

Options
  • 02-11-2013 4:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭

Hey, my girlfriend recently bought a new keyboard controller to relearn piano. She bought it second hand without an power cable or connectors.

She's got power sorted now, but she has no idea how to use it.

All she wants the keyboard for is to play the piano and without speakers she's at a loss.

I have no idea about keyboards and what's required. Does she need to have it connected to the computer at all times? I had a USB cable connected between the computer and the keyboard and drivers installed. But after downloading a few free vst programs, it said it couldn't find a midi interface..

Any help would be really appreciated as I don't really know what I'm doing..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

Hi TF,

Do you have a host DAW program installed on your PC (Cubase, Reason etc....)?

IM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Spazdarn

Hey, I tried a few different programs, PianoTeq being the most recent one as I read a review where the OP said they had the same keyboard working with that program..

but pressing keys on the keyboard didn't amount to anything on the computer..

Advertisement