Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW10 - Matchday Thread

• 02-11-2013 8:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭

Here's how I line out for today. I was hoping Oscar would be my key differential but then I realised he's owned by 18%, more than Aguero who is now at 17%.

Hoping Brady makes it. My other Hull hero is Steve Harper who has spent more years sitting on the bench than your average district court judge so surely has something to prove.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Spot of luck with the Harper situation. :)

Making kids breakfast thinking about goalkeeper transfers. I may have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Need some help have Sturbridge lukaku up front and 12 to buy new striker who get in? Thinking Suarez or aguaro maybe Rooney even my team is
    Boruc mignolet
    Nastic baines coleman zabaleta Dawson
    Ozil Ramsay flamini Livermore houlihan
    Sturidge lukaku 12.1 mill.
    Note I have 2 txt this week first I used yaya for houlihan free up funds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Spot of luck with the Harper situation. :)

Making kids breakfast thinking about goalkeeper transfers. I may have a problem.

I normally believe that you make your own luck in this game but McGregor getting injured was just that.

Particularly when Hull have a decent set of fixtures whereas Liverpool's get tough.

Lemlin wrote: »
    I normally believe that you make your own luck in this game but McGregor getting injured was just that.

Particularly when Hull have a decent set of fixtures whereas Liverpool's get tough.

Double jealous when I have Chester sat on the bench today day with a red flag beside him! :mad:

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Need some help have Sturbridge lukaku up front and 12 to buy new striker who get in? Thinking Suarez or aguaro maybe Rooney even my team is
    Boruc mignolet
    Nastic baines coleman zabaleta Dawson
    Ozil Ramsay flamini Livermore houlihan
    Sturidge lukaku 12.1 mill.
    Note I have 2 txt this week first I used yaya for houlihan free up funds.

Aguero. And captain him. Quick. Also need to get rid of Flamini and Livermore and houlihan when you can. Morrison, Brady, Mitch etc.

• Advertisement

Why didn't I wait got in Suarez and captain (liverpool fan so went with heart)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Issue i have is around Ramsey,Januzaj and Townsend,who to start?

I already have Ozil and Sturridge for Pool v Arsenal,don't want to overload and get caught out with 1-1 or the like.

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Why didn't I wait got in Suarez and captain (liverpool fan so went with heart)

That's not a bad option, would be my second choice for captain prob. I'd try to get Aguero in for Studge soon, but the three arsenal mids and the bench fodder might take priority.

Good luck.

dahat wrote: »
    Issue i have is around Ramsey,Januzaj and Townsend,who to start?

I already have Ozil and Sturridge for Pool v Arsenal,don't want to overload and get caught out with 1-1 or the like.

Hmm, I've Ramsey starting ahead of Townsend ATM. Have Ozil and Suarez and migs in this game also. Expecting goals both ends so think I'll keep it that way. Spurs attack not exactly prolific, but main reason prob is I'm too chicken to drop Mr 'I score heaps o points even when I'm rested' Ramsey.

FHFC wrote: »
    That's not a bad option, would be my second choice for captain prob. I'd try to get Aguero in for Studge soon, but the three arsenal mids and the bench fodder might take priority.

Good luck.

Cheers I'll try get aguaro in soon took two weeks of waiting to get Suarez. Think I need shift defence 2 from same team us dodgey and I've it twice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

whos hull secod choice keeper?

whos hull secod choice keeper?

Steve Harper. He of the first post in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

boruc
    johnson terry dawson
    ozil michu arnie townsend
    lukaku aguero (c) suarez

subs clyne barkley chester

7 players playing away is the problem

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

So this the team,good to go??

Mig

Coleman,Zab,Shaw

Sessegon,Ozil(C)Miralllas,Morrison

Lambert,RVP,Sturridge

Subs

Davis,Mert,Whittingham,Ward

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

So this the team,good to go??

Mig

Coleman,Zab,Shaw

Sessegon,Ozil(C)Miralllas,Morrison

Lambert,RVP,Sturridge

Subs

Davis,Mert,Whittingham,Ward

You have to make RVP captain, why have you spent 14m on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

You have to make RVP captain, why have you spent 14m on him?

Been tempted to get rid of him but he is slowly getting back,he will come good yet :)

Cheers for the advice.

I assume that by now a Southampton clean sheet means absolutely nothing unless you have doubled up, is there anyone posting here who doesn't have at least one Saints defender by now? One less thing to worry about anyway, I've only got Boruc so the ideal situation is probably that they concede but he picks up a couple of save points or heaven forbid a penno save!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

I assume that by now a Southampton clean sheet means absolutely nothing unless you have doubled up, is there anyone posting here who doesn't have at least one Saints defender by now? One less thing to worry about anyway, I've only got Boruc so the ideal situation is probably that they concede but he picks up a couple of save points or heaven forbid a penno save!

I've only got boruc (had him since gw1). Have myhill too who I'm picking this gw so no southampton coverage for me bar lallana this week.

Its why I want an arnie goal today even though it costs my gk a clean sheet. Ideal scenario boruc saves a walters peno and arnie taps in the rebound.

Its why I want an arnie goal today even though it costs my gk a clean sheet. Ideal scenario boruc saves a walters peno and arnie taps in the rebound.

I have Arnie as first sub this week, I really want to play him, would you put him in ahead of Mirallas? It's hard to see Soton conceding more than one with the way they are playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Never had a saints def, was gonna jump on the wagon, but fixtures between now and the new year aren't exactly kind so i'm Hoping they start to ship a few :pac:

I have Arnie as first sub this week, I really want to play him, would you put him in ahead of Mirallas? It's hard to see Soton conceding more than one with the way they are playing?

tough one I played arnie ahead of barkley.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

tough one I played arnie ahead of barkley.

Doubts over Januzaj and Brady starting, Hangeland is out. Thinking of brining Ravel...which mid would you ditch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Doubts over Januzaj and Brady starting, Hangeland is out. Thinking of brining Ravel...which mid would you ditch?

In the same boat with Brady,have Ravel as back-up.Should I bring him in or risk a 5 minute cameo from Brady?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FutureGuy wrote: »

Hull's fixtures aren't great for a while, plus you'd be kind of counting on them getting a few penalties, which isn't a guarantee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Would anyone change Coleman for Dawson or Terry ?
    6LTVT83.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Play Townsend (Everton away) or Chico (Cardiff away)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Team is attached. I don't usually do transfers at 11:25 but I panicked a little and brought Aguero in for Giroud. I had to do Yaya to Ramsey to fund it, though, which is a transfer I didn't really want to make at all. Terrible management of transfers this week, I wasn't active until yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

It took all my will power to resist a 4 point hit on a goalie . I'm proud of myself :-D also resisted Rooney to aguero which also would have cost 4 points. My free transfer was a straight swap of eriksen to nasri..........

• Advertisement

Also I really really fear rvp today. Not nice not having him in my team anymore :-( think I'll bring him home in January :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Newcastle: Krul; Debuchy, Williamson, Yanga-Mbiwa, Santon; Sissoko, Tiote (c), Cabaye, Gouffran; Shola Ameobi, Remy

#NUFC subs: Elliot, Tavernier, Anita, Obertan, Sammy Ameobi, Ben Arfa, Cisse

Chelsea: Cech, Ivanovic, Luiz, Terry (C), Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Oscar, Mata, Hazard, Torres

#CFC subs: Schwarzer, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Mikel, Willian, Schurrle, Eto'o

For anyone mad enough to still have him Ben arfa is on the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mata starts for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

KevIRL wrote: »
    Mata starts for Chelsea

once he is back in the team full time, he is coming in

Raf32 wrote: »
    once he is back in the team full time, he is coming in

Their next few fixtures are fantastic, if only there was some more certainty about him

• Advertisement

Cech; Ivanovic, D Luiz, Terry (c), Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Mata, Oscar, Hazard; Torres

Luiz starts:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

KevIRL wrote: »
    Their next few fixtures are fantastic, if only there was some more certainty about him

agreed would be a good differential for a few weeks too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Turner starts as 3rd sub today :eek:

I had to keep well away from the laptop this morning because Clyne or Williams would have ended up benched. The fear has well and truly set in though...but I'm hoping Mickey can do us all a favour and let captain Aguero run riot for the greater good.

However we all know that he's a renegade who plays by no rules :(

uh oh a knock for Terry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

JT off the crossbar with a header.

• Advertisement

Terry hits the bar! So close to paying off my -8 hit in full!

This is torture, I've got the telly turned off as I'm trying to get a bit of work done on the laptop, the missus would kill me if she saw it on, first Saturday I've had off in weeks as well, I'll be allowed to watch the 5-30 match anyway:o

Luiz is my man in this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Mata scores today, I think I'll gamble on getting him in....

This is torture, I've got the telly turned off as I'm trying to get a bit of work done on the laptop, the missus would kill me if she saw it on, first Saturday I've had off in weeks as well, I'll be allowed to watch the 5-30 match anyway:o

Luiz is my man in this game.

Painting a rather lovely picture of married life there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Hazards looking dangerous so far.

Sissoko with an irrelevant yello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Terry looks very good so far, most have him I guess anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Line up prediction...Manchester United:

De Gea
    Rafael Rio Vidic Evra
    Jones Fellaini
    Valencia Rooney Young
    Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

He could have had 2 already, stays as it is and he is a 9 pointer

Tiote subbed

• Advertisement