Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bath emptying very slowly

Options
  • 02-11-2013 9:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We're in a 2 bed Charlesland Grove apartment.

The bath takes a long time to drain. It does eventually empty. This has only become an issue in the last few months. There is no such probem with the sink or the toilet.

I had hoped it was just the U-bend trap under the bath but that is clear, I took it out there to check.

Has anyone had this problem in Charlesland?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Peterx wrote: »
    Hi,

We're in a 2 bed Charlesland Grove apartment.

The bath takes a long time to drain. It does eventually empty. This has only become an issue in the last few months. There is no such probem with the sink or the toilet.

I had hoped it was just the U-bend trap under the bath but that is clear, I took it out there to check.

Has anyone had this problem in Charlesland?

thanks

Its a common enough problem throughout charlesland ..mine would "silt up "if i didnt use a plunger on the sinkholes every few months..in some sinks you may find covering the over flow gives a better vacuum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Thanks Maudi (and Daragh via pm)

The mere embarrassment of having it's name besmirched on boards has caused the bath to behave itself for the last ten days.

I had poured drain cleaner down about 4 weeks ago and maybe that finally worked it's way through the blockage as I have done nothing else since my first post.

thanks.

Advertisement