Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 5s or Samsung Galaxy S4?

Options
  • 02-11-2013 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I want to get a new phone soon but not sure whether i want the 5s or S4.. im usin the S3 now and love it, but have always wanted an iPhone.. any ideas? Very confused :-(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Before a war breaks out.

Just go to the shop, play with both and pick what you like.

Both are pretty much the same tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 guggya

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Before a war breaks out.

Just go to the shop, play with both and pick what you like.

Both are pretty much the same tbh.

Suppose thats the best thing alright

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

I prefer the bigger screen of the s4 and am an android fanboy but my s4 recently became faulty and have found myself at the mercy of samsung support, samsung simply falls so far behind apple on the support side that for me it now negates any advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Have to agree on the difference in support, have both a S3 and iphone5 for work/ personal use. Both have their pros and cons but have had major problems with support for S3 due to faulty battery / motherboard issues. Only had one problem with iPhone that was a sticky power button I rang apple who sent a courier to my house within 24 hours with a replacement phone and took the old one, all covered under warranty. Was very impressed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I Don't ever deal with Samsung.
    Any problems I have I bring the phone to fonemenders who have the contract for most manufacturers and once it's still under warranty you have it back the next day free of charge.
    Great service.
    Whether you go for an S4 or 5S is totally down to what you want to use the device for.
    Not a Straight forward answer.

• Advertisement

I Don't ever deal with Samsung.
    Any problems I have I bring the phone to fonemenders who have the contract for most manufacturers and once it's still under warranty you have it back the next day free of charge.
    Great service.
    Whether you go for an S4 or 5S is totally down to what you want to use the device for.
    Not a Straight forward answer.
    I had a problem with samsung a month after i got it and was sorted by carphone warehouse, but ive never had an iPhone so thats why idnlike the change but ove heard theyre not as gppd as people think and the S4 is better. But still undecided

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

guggya wrote: »
    I had a problem with samsung a month after i got it and was sorted by carphone warehouse, but ive never had an iPhone so thats why idnlike the change but ove heard theyre not as gppd as people think and the S4 is better. But still undecided
    If you've ever downloaded free music or movies on your S3 and would like to continue doing so then don't get an Iphone.
    If you like accessing flash websites like RTE player or the interactive seating map in Croke park or the Aviva then don't get the Iphone.
    If you like sharing files through bluetooth with your friends then don't get an Iphone.
    If you want a simple straight forward un customizable user interface and a smaller screen and a better build quality then get the Iphone.

If you've ever downloaded free music or movies on your S3 and would like to continue doing so then don't get an Iphone.
    If you like accessing flash websites like RTE player or the interactive seating map in Croke park or the Aviva then don't get the Iphone.
    If you like sharing files through bluetooth with your friends then don't get an Iphone.
    If you want a simple straight forward un customizable user interface and a smaller screen and a better build quality then get the Iphone.

Think ill get the s4 so thank u

• Registered Users Posts: 19 dead_tree

Can you not put free music into iTunes and sync to your iPhone? I know you can with iPad.

Do iPhones still break/shatter as easily as they used to? I often drop my S3 and it's never had a problem with screen shattering where as I see people with iPhones and cracked screens all the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

S4 - 4G approved and available
    iPhone - not 4G approved.

If you plan on using 4G, you may have to wait a few months before Apple approve the networks to allow the iPhone to be used on 4G, so worth going with the S4. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

definitely iPhone. If you want a device which just works without any hastle and lagging, go for iPhone. And if you would prefer Android over iOS, get Nexus smartphone with clean Android, not Samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

I'm wondering the same thing (iPhone 5s / 5c / Samsung Galaxy S4) but one question I have is about the memory. Sorry if this sounds stupid:

I have a 16GB HTC Wildfire (well I bought a 16GB sd card for it) and it's constantly full even though I didn't think I had that much stuff. When I called support they said that apps like Facebook and Instagram take up much more space than they used to. I don't even have that many and I deleted Instagram.

So are iPhone users finding the 16GB phones too small for a decent amount of music, FB and Instagram or is it just that my phone was awkward? Do these apps somehow take up less space on other phones?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Martynet

Well, first, internal memory is always a bit more responsive than SD card. I think 16 GB isn't enough. Maybe for someone who doesn't have many apps, not much music and taking only few photos a day. If you would like few nice games, decent space for photos and videos and also have good bit of music in CD quality, I would go with 32GB minimum. I'm on 64 GB iPhone 5 and I have about 15GB left.

Advertisement