Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

catbear wrote: »
    Australia has a culture?

Fair bit of culture today,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Zambia wrote: »
    Fair bit of culture today,
    Yes you're right, i overlooked the whole Bogan thing.

Seriously are you calling the Melbourne cup a bogan event?

[IMG][/img]vpkmtl.png
    :D

[IMG][/img]vpkmtl.png
    :D

That's it one article from 2009.

So what's your opinion of the festival. Have you been ? Have your mates been?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 64 ✭✭Rick Rod

seipeal1 wrote: »
    Thanks for the posts. I suppose the overriding feeling was one of being out of touch. When we first came to Adelaide, there was no Appreciable Irish 'culture'.

Today, there is one that feels alien to us. Lots of people"passing through" and enjoying themselves to the utmost whilst doing it. Everything is temporary. Even though what we are living in is permanent?

Making sense??

No not really. Drunk much?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

The Melbourne Cup is like a Friady and Saturday night on O'Connell St, full of drunken wannabes ;)

With out the punch ups every 50m :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 first doyle

danotroy wrote: »
    I am not the proudest to be Irish when Australians talk about the antics of some of the Irish here in Australia. I am not suggesting the ozzies are angels but we are here in their country whether it be as temporary guests or fellow citizens and our behaviour should reflect this.

What are you on about? A lot of the young folk who head over to Oz work hard to get there and spend a lot of their savings there aswel. It's not as though they're not contributing to the economy.

Say what you like about the Irish but they're different from your average migrant worker who sends all his money back home.

OP you're attitude is becoming in line with the Aussie one alright...a typical racist attitude.

What are you on about? A lot of the young folk who head over to Oz work hard to get there and spend a lot of their savings there aswel. It's not as though they're not contributing to the economy.

Say what you like about the Irish but they're different from your average migrant worker who sends all his money back home.
    This is correct most of us drink it all here.

OP you're attitude is becoming in line with the Aussie one alright...a typical racist attitude.

:pac:......

How can you be Racist against your own Race.

Not like he is abducting Blonde Haired Roma Children now is he???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sparksfly

Not being proud of the minority of Irish that act the yobbo is not being typically racist. Saying that the Aussies have a typically racist attitude is however.
    How do you know what the "average migrant worker" does with his/her money and what business is it to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

extreme-ironing.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

I love when people fall into that trap, it's as if we Irish are lily white when it comes to the old racism.

The Irish are very racist, especially when it comes to travellers (I have no love of travellers myself but everyone knows what I'm talking about so it serves my purpose). The old story of Prams on buses and all that guff it's not as if it doesn't exist.

Even to such TV shows like the Sons of Anarchy as of late, even though it's fiction makes out to some how Irish is racist. Hate the blacks...maybe only fiction but as the old saying goes mud sticks.

No doubt plenty will disagree, but hey it's out there so no point in denying it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

To be honest I find the first post and this whole thread wholly believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭danotroy

Your talking in sweeping generalisations. I said the antics of some of the Irish people here. I'm not talking about every single Irish person. However I do wish every single Irish person here would behave in a manner that reflects well on our society.

The Irish are different how? Because we are great craic and have the banter? Spare me please.

The average migrant sends all his money home? are you basing this on fact?

A quick look around this forum will show currency fair threads and even one a few days back asking how to buy a property in Ireland while in Australia. Are those Irish posters less Irish because they send their money home?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Folks, please keep it civil and remember the rule of attack the post, not the poster.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Australia has a culture?

Yes.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Yes.
    I suppose post apocalyptic counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

The Aussie wrote: »
    :pac:......

How can you be Racist against your own Race.

Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmE2-FW_WzU

ifeelill wrote: »

Can't watch the pootube there mate, my state of the art "Broardband" won't allow it.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

I have to admit for the first time in my life, the accusation made against me is being racist............against the Irish!!!!!!
    Never thought I would have to defend myself against that
    Are Aussies racist? Compared to Irish people, I honestly believe they compare favorably. Aussies already live in a multi-cultural society, for all it's needs and wants. Ireland has struggled with the concept and continues to struggle with it to the present day, in my opinion. And that is what is important here, it is only my opinion.
    I initiated the thread to provoke debate about the changing nature of migration from Ireland over the last few years. I believe I was honest in my appraisal of what my thoughts were. They do not have to be correct, but they are my perception.
    I still struggle with the dilemma of leaving a parent who was and remains very ill and having to reconcile my own family's needs against his. Saying goodbye to a parent when you both believe you will not meet again was bloody hard.

I consider myself very proud to be Irish. But I am also proud to have integrated into a new culture and society and one that has many positives, in my opinion.

Thanks for all your comments, good and bad. I feel they are all important in making a contribution to who we feel we are and where we may be going.

Advertisement