Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eposidic Falling Syndrome

• 02-11-2013 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi

My 6 year old cavalier King Charles has always suffered with this. However his "seizures/fits" were quite rare and never more than twice a year.

But in the past 3 days, it has gotten really bad and he has had 3 fits. He is unable to control his bowels when he's having them and ends up pooping in our arms.

His muscles are completely seized and tense and he doesn't blink and shakes/trembles for about 10 minutes. Then, he acts completely normal like nothing ever happened.

I'd just like to know does anyone know anything about this condition, or have a dog that suffers with it themselves?

Its just so awful watching your little dog having one of these :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Episodic falling is all too common in Cavaliers, sorry about your little guy.

If your dogs condition has deteriorated over a short period of time you need to have your dog seen by a vet asap. This needs to be dealt with by a professional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

this really is 1 for your vet 2 fits a year to 1 a day for the past 3 days to me spells emergency

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

So sorry to hear this, you need to get him to the vets ASAP. Poor little guy, you must be worried sick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

Thanks everyone, luckily he hasn't tremored since and is in good form so fingers crossed we won't be seeing anything for a while :)

Advertisement